Electric Vehicles: General topics

DT

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Staff Member
Vaccinated
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
I like the general design, even the odd by classic standards sloping rear roof line, but holy f-ing hell, those are some ugly wheels. They're just so busy, but I've noticed that a recurring design pattern in EV wheels.

Apple fanboy

Elite Member
Vaccinated
Reaction score
So on my drive this morning to the chiropractor my i3 tells me the pedestrian detection system is not working. Then the crash prevention sensor. Then the adaptive cruise control.
Booked in for the 22nd for a fix hopefully.
Glad it’s under warranty.

DT

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Staff Member
Vaccinated
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
So on my drive this morning to the chiropractor my i3 tells me the pedestrian detection system is not working. Then the crash prevention sensor. Then the adaptive cruise control.
Booked in for the 22nd for a fix hopefully.
Glad it’s under warranty.

At first I thought you wrote your i3 was telling you to go to the chiropractor, I was thinking, wow, that's a neat feature ... ;)

I'm sure it's something simple, like a loose harness, or it might be the 12v battery, that's a common issue on Tesla (though usually older like 4+ years), and when they start going bad, it results in all sorts of crazy error/diagnostic issues.

DT

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Staff Member
Vaccinated
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
OK, I have not been a fan of the Lucid design, the silver roof is weird and the bright finish on the wheels isn't my thing. However this ...

1659989682792.png

Is definitely my thing. A new "stealth" package, that will only (*snicker*) set you back another $6000.

Nycturne

Site Champ
Vaccinated
Reaction score
Talk about this thing has resurfaced: a VW truck built on the MEB platform. The original concept from a couple years ago reminds me a lot of the Subaru Baja.

Apple fanboy

Elite Member
Vaccinated
Reaction score
At first I thought you wrote your i3 was telling you to go to the chiropractor, I was thinking, wow, that's a neat feature ... ;)

I'm sure it's something simple, like a loose harness, or it might be the 12v battery, that's a common issue on Tesla (though usually older like 4+ years), and when they start going bad, it results in all sorts of crazy error/diagnostic issues.
I'd have thought its a bit early on the 12V, but I guess the BMW guys will let me know when it goes in on the 22nd. Glad I have the warranty to take care of it though.

DT

Bite my shiny metal ass!
Staff Member
Vaccinated
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
OK, now we're talking, camo'ed Ioniq 5 N variant, meatier tires, extra intakes (for brake cooking, aero), the photographer said it had more aggressive sport seats. The assumption is the N version would get the same 576HP as the EV6 GT

Apple fanboy

Elite Member
Vaccinated
Reaction score
3-wheelers in "tadpole" configuration tend to be at least as stable as most 4-wheelers. Aptera, though, I am leery of, just because they have been around for the better part of 2 decades and produced very large quanities of vaporware.
I’d never order a car like this until they had been around on the roads for a few years. I’m not about to be a £20k+ beta tester.

Top Bottom