Electric Vehicles: General topics

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
I wish they added some of these controls to the LR models. Would be fun in the snow

I paid like $8K extra for those (and a couple of 10ths of seconds 0-60 ...) :ROFLMAO:

Here's what we need, a better Performance flavor, i.e., the Model 3R, or Model R or whatever, but this:

Model 3 chassis
20-25% increase in battery and power (1/4 @ sub-11, 122-124 MPH)
Deeper bolstered front seats, maybe cloth option
Lower front / larger rear aero
Adj. air suspension
Larger/lighter wheels/tires
P brakes, track mode, etc.

$65K

Where do I sign?

:D

[edited: thanks @diamond.g]

Last edited:

diamond.g

Power User
Reaction score
I paid like $8K extra for those (and a couple of 10ths of seconds 0-60 ...) :ROFLMAO:

Here's what we need, a better Performance flavor, i.e., the Model 3R, or Model R or whatever, but this:

Model 3 chassis
20-25% increase in battery and power (1/4 @ sub-10, 122-124 MPH)
Adj. air suspension

$65K

Where do I sign?

Lol wouldn’t it be like a 50-100% increase in power? The S plaid weighs like 1k lbs more than the Performance 3 and needs 1k hp to hit the 1/4 in under 10s.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Lol wouldn’t it be like a 50-100% increase in power? The S plaid weighs like 1k lbs more than the Performance 3 and needs 1k hp to hit the 1/4 in under 10s.

Oh shit, I meant sub-11, originally I was going to write "in the 10s ..."

I'm talking about a much more modest boost in power over the current P, like another 50-100 HP at the most.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Watching YT reviews the Tesla FSD 10.9 is looking slicker than a Safeway chicken. Hope I don't end up regretting not purchasing it.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Watching YT reviews the Tesla FSD 10.9 is looking slicker than a Safeway chicken. Hope I don't end up regretting not purchasing it.

Did you see the monthly subscription price did not go up?

cloudflare420

Power User
Reaction score

Model 3 chassis
20-25% increase in battery and power (1/4 @ sub-11, 122-124 MPH)
Adj. air suspension

$65K

Where do I sign?

[edited: thanks @diamond.g]
The air suspension and better seats are key here. Sign me up

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
A Tesla with a Friends of Coal license plate.

272026858_4905793339459822_4429120282097644040_n.jpg

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
The air suspension and better seats are key here. Sign me up

I do like my current seats, and they're plenty supportive for all the driving I'll do, but this was to make the car a little more "hardcore" for weekend track/AX enthusiasts, though that might be better as an option (I had ultra bolstered race type seats a couple of times, and they're not that fun on the street for the other 98% of the time ...)

640_DSC00026.jpg

quagmire

Site Champ
Reaction score
I want a sanity check for a second.....

I keep seeing people complaining about phantom braking with their Tesla's. The vast majority describe it occurring on local roads. To me that is an inappropriate time to be using adaptive cruise control( let alone autopilot). Local roads need you at full attention and control over the car at all times due to curves, hills, animals, etc. To my understanding of the intentions of cruise control( dumb or adaptive) is meant to be used on the highways. I mention this to people, and I get blasted or get a I have a third head kind of reaction. I get it, these people are the types that want a Level 5 autonomous car because they hate the task of driving a vehicle. But cars are not at that point yet.

My parents cars all have false positives when it comes to their emergency braking, etc due to getting thrown off due to hills, curves, etc of local roads. I can count on one hand how many times I have experienced phantom braking on my Vision-only 3 because I use these features on the highway. I feel the problem is being made into a bigger deal due to misuse of a cars feature for trying to make it into something it isn't capable of doing yet.

Or am I totally off base here?

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
I want a sanity check for a second.....

I keep seeing people complaining about phantom braking with their Tesla's. The vast majority describe it occurring on local roads. To me that is an inappropriate time to be using adaptive cruise control( let alone autopilot). Local roads need you at full attention and control over the car at all times due to curves, hills, animals, etc. To my understanding of the intentions of cruise control( dumb or adaptive) is meant to be used on the highways. I mention this to people, and I get blasted or get a I have a third head kind of reaction. I get it, these people are the types that want a Level 5 autonomous car because they hate the task of driving a vehicle. But cars are not at that point yet.
If there's a long enough straight stretch on rural roads I'll use it but otherwise I keep things manual for the most part. However, where it shines is when you're stuck behind people with no way to get around, at that point you can just turn it on and follow the mule which can be a nice break.

My parents cars all have false positives when it comes to their emergency braking, etc due to getting thrown off due to hills, curves, etc of local roads. I can count on one hand how many times I have experienced phantom braking on my Vision-only 3 because I use these features on the highway. I feel the problem is being made into a bigger deal due to misuse of a cars feature for trying to make it into something it isn't capable of doing yet.

I have noticed this in both my BMW and the Tesla, it was far worse in the BMW but it seems like an anomaly that maybe errs on the side of being safe in its detection of things in the road, etc. but it's far smoother in the Tesla and it works it out pretty quick.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone

Not from my perspective, in fact, I've said the same in several other posts right on this forum. ACC/AP/TACC should be for open highway where there's little-to-no concerns over side roads, intersections, blind curves, cars parked on the street, etc.

Top Bottom
1 2