Electric Vehicles: Tesla specific talk, current firmware, purchasing, modifications

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
It is a brake squeal or something in the wheel hub or even the suspension?
It sounds like it happens when the car auto brakes itself, not when I actually press on them and it only happens on hills.

quagmire

Site Champ
Reaction score
This is troubling

I guess FSD is an expensive solution to overpopulation.

I’m not a defender of FSD. It’s trash in that it’s not full self driving.

But the person conducting the test has been on a campaign bashing musk and running for the US senate aiming to take down Musk. While I’m not a Musk fan, I question the objectivity of the test given the bias against Tesla/Musk.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Yeah, there are videos that show FSD was not active, there are warnings being displayed that are covered up.

Even the comments in that "science" site above are filled with explaining how deceitful this test was (and Dan O'Dowd has competing technology interests as well ... see Green Hills Software)

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1557415939569639424/

Also this (they = The Dawn Project)

They contacted me back, but they could only provide an affidavit from the driver who conducted the test, Art Haynie, claiming in the sworn statement that he believed FSD Beta was activated

The affidavit mentions that there’s an “Exhibit B” that showed a screen with a warning “regarding the full self-driving (Beta)” that the vehicle showed when it was “in full self-driving mode.”

However, when I looked at Exhibit B, it was only a screenshot of the warning that appears when you accept the FSD Beta agreement in the car’s settings menu, and not when you activate or engage it.

Plenty of reasons to dislike Musk, total agreement that FSD should be a much better / differently named / lower priced product, but this is just FUD.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony

But the person conducting the test has been on a campaign bashing musk and running for the US senate aiming to take down Musk. While I’m not a Musk fan, I question the objectivity of the test given the bias against Tesla/Musk.
This guy obviously has it out for Musk/Tesla in a big way, so much so that it's hard not to ask why when you see what are basically biased hit pieces. He's clearly angry about it and it comes through in those ads. Without digging it's hard to understand his agenda.

diamond.g

Power User
Reaction score

I think City Streets beta does dumb stuff sometimes, but I don't think I have ever worried about it hitting people.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
I think City Streets beta does dumb stuff sometimes, but I don't think I have ever worried about it hitting people.
I question the lengths they went through to create that simulation just right so it would hit that mannequin. This guy has a clear biased agenda and the lack of objectivity really shows in his ads.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Tessie is __so__ good. The general car<>app interaction on Tesla is excellent, but Tessie + Tesla is pretty spectacular. Most recent update:

IMG_3630E209C0C9-1.jpeg

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Tessie is __so__ good. The general car<>app interaction on Tesla is excellent, but Tessie + Tesla is pretty spectacular. Most recent update:

View attachment 16871
Thought I would give a shot but then realized it's subscription based and no way will I enter CC info just to test features. :(

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Just buy it for a month ($4.99), it's through the App Store so the transaction is totally secure.

The extra stats, control and especially the Apple Watch control with automations/Siri is totally worth it for me.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Just buy it for a month ($4.99), it's through the App Store so the transaction is totally secure.

The extra stats, control and especially the Apple Watch control with automations/Siri is totally worth it for me.
If all that were my thing I would probably do it but I don't really watch that stuff. I have a couple of the free apps as well and don't even touch those.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
If all that were my thing I would probably do it but I don't really watch that stuff. I have a couple of the free apps as well and don't even touch those.

It has a web interface too which is super nice, it just fills in - for me - a bunch of additional features, functionality, that really improve my experience with my Model 3 :) Call it my "hobby" since I don't golf :D

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Holy fuck, I'd hate for you see other recurring expenses around here :ROFLMAO:
Yeah but why pay for something you'll never use? I mean once I get my teeth back that'll be almost enough to put a down payment towards a burrito bowl at Chipotle.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
I hope you go on a new teeth rampage, tear into all sorts of previously forbidden food :D

But yeah, I definitely don't spend if I don't use, we've even been purging "stuff" that has sat around unused for months/years, this is just a super fun, handy, vehicle improvement experience for me that's well worth it.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
I hope you go on a new teeth rampage, tear into all sorts of previously forbidden food :D

But yeah, I definitely don't spend if I don't use, we've even been purging "stuff" that has sat around unused for months/years, this is just a super fun, handy, vehicle improvement experience for me that's well worth it.
I recently did the math on active subscriptions I have and it wasn't pretty, I've also been purging... all that little shit adds up.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
I recently did the math on active subscriptions I have and it wasn't pretty, I've also been purging... all that little shit adds up.

Holy hell, I had a homework assist service from a while back still running (I managed to get PayPal to refund that money), we had TWO Apple Music services running at the same time, plus subs that just aren't used. I pretty much do a monthly audit now to keep track of stuff. Plus, I'm using all sorts of free, but limited time subs, like I've got a free 6 months of D+, then a voucher for another free 6 months, but in either of those cases, if you don't cancel, they start regular billing (I think it's $8.99/month).