Electric Vehicles: Tesla specific talk, current firmware, purchasing, modifications

quagmire

Site Champ
Reaction score
Yeah, I figured order it, leave it in the car, in the box, if it's never used, just sell it. Kind of digging on just the idea of having additional DCFC options when traveling.

Hahaha, the adapter gives you a sense of the absurd size difference in charging connectors ...

View attachment 17929

Yep!

But the US will eventually adapt a standard and everyone, but Tesla is moving that way anyway.

Standard will be CCS, Tesla will be forced to change over and goodbye awesome connector. :(

Yoused

up
Reaction score
knee deep in the road apples of the 4 horsemen
We stayed in a hotel off I-94 in way eastern Montana that had a dozen SCs in the parking lot (those things are noisy charging), and it has occured to me, if you stop for the night there, could you set it to charge at level 2 overnight, as that would be kinder to the battery in the long run?

quagmire

Site Champ
Reaction score
We stayed in a hotel off I-94 in way eastern Montana that had a dozen SCs in the parking lot (those things are noisy charging), and it has occured to me, if you stop for the night there, could you set it to charge at level 2 overnight, as that would be kinder to the battery in the long run?

Don’t believe you can regulate the SC rate as it’s DC and bypasses the cars internal charger.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
The CCS1 adapter is currently available! Better grab one if you're interested, this like this tend to go OOS for months:

I got mine :)

It already shipped!

cloudflare420

Power User
Reaction score
Nope, it won’t let you slow down DCFC

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Yeah, me too, just about 2 hours ago :D

Got the CCS adapter too, just leaving it in the box till the next road trip.

quagmire

Site Champ
Reaction score
@DT have you noticed your car waking up randomly or maybe even taking longer to go to sleep?

I use scheduled charging setup to charge at 3:30 am. It seems like the car wakes up every day now at 3:30 am( when plugged in) even though it doesn’t need to charge.

And am seeing more drain when sitting unplugged. Like got to work at 60% and 4 hours later it’s down to 57%.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Yeah, I had a lot of wakeup events a couple of weeks ago, after a firmware update and an app update. No matter how long I went without checking the app, when I did, the last active was always 10 minutes, and I was seeing 2-3% a day (vs. my old idle drain of 1% every 3-4 days, basically nothing).

There's 3 data collection options, I toggled all those off and it really improved, back to about 1% every 2 days or so, then at some update, it was back to my original/low rate (4 or more days just to go down 1%). I wanted to get the better traffic data and you have to enable that data contribution option, but it didn't affect my drain, still terrific for the last few weeks. Then recently, I've started getting a touch more, nothing as major as that drain from a few weeks ago, like 1% every 2-3 days. I think maybe it's a little more network chatter again. There's a good discussion about this in the Tessie support thread on TMC (it's not Tessie related, but that dev has good insight into the car/app/API workings).

For reference I'm currently on: 2022.28.2 for the car, and 14.3.3 for the iOS App.

Last edited:

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Tesla going too far?

I'm probably late to the game when I purchased mine so I'll claim ignorance to the differences. I can only speak for my experiences and it's virtually flawless when it comes to keeping itself perfectly aligned on the roads at all times, even in adverse conditions it never ceases to amaze me.

I personally don't use the auto summons, park, etc. features and it sounds like if a person were none the wiser they might not see a difference here.

quagmire

Site Champ
Reaction score
I'm probably late to the game when I purchased mine so I'll claim ignorance to the differences. I can only speak for my experiences and it's virtually flawless when it comes to keeping itself perfectly aligned on the roads at all times, even in adverse conditions it never ceases to amaze me.

I personally don't use the auto summons, park, etc. features and it sounds like if a person were none the wiser they might not see a difference here.

Ultra sonic sensors are still nice to have to tell you how far you are from an object when parking, etc.

Especially with the camera placements and natural blindspots, the Tesla Vision version will be guessing at best based on where the object was before said object leaves its field of view.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Exactly. If my USS get deactivated, I'm not going to be happy.

quagmire

Site Champ
Reaction score
This won’t affect you @DT but latest Tesla app and 36.2 adds the ability to open the door via the app in case of frozen door handles on the 3/Y. Tesla finally fixes or at least provides a way to open the door in that situation.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
This won’t affect you @DT but latest Tesla app and 36.2 adds the ability to open the door via the app in case of frozen door handles on the 3/Y. Tesla finally fixes or at least provides a way to open the door in that situation.

Does it drop the window like a regular entry? Since it's probably accessible in the API, I was thinking it could make for a fun automation with Tessie (either voice activated, or maybe proximity).

quagmire

Site Champ
Reaction score
Does it drop the window like a regular entry? Since it's probably accessible in the API, I was thinking it could make for a fun automation with Tessie (either voice activated, or maybe proximity).

Believe so since it is activating the electric release remotely vs the door handles and not like the mechanical emergency handle.