Electric Vehicles: Tesla specific talk, current firmware, purchasing, modifications

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Just got 4.10.0 of the iOS App, did the search >> details >> update trick :)

And this is pretty stellar, it's where Tesla just knocks it out of the park:

Where do you search from, the app store or within the app itself?

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Where do you search from, the app store or within the app itself?

In the App Store right on the device, you know, just 'tesla', then the official app will come up in the search results and tap the icon (vs. open), and on the details page, the open will show update (if applicable). I do that about once a week to check vs. waiting for a passive update indication in the Account >> Updates list.

FWIW, 4.10.0 just shows: Minor fixes and improvements

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
In the App Store right on the device, you know, just 'tesla', then the official app will come up in the search results and tap the icon (vs. open), and on the details page, the open will show update (if applicable). I do that about once a week to check vs. waiting for a passive update indication in the Account >> Updates list.

Got it, thanks. Will be nice to know how busy your favorite supercharger is, the ones I typically go to have a lot of slots but from time to time it's busy enough that you have to park right next to someone. Still, most don't need to be there long as fast as they charge, it's almost as fast as getting gas at a station.

quagmire

Site Champ
Reaction score

Sounds like 4.10.0 will allow management of Wall Connectors as well.

Which may be neat to track power usage beyond what is used to charge the battery if that is something that can be enabled and make it easier to diagnose a charging fault being with the wall connector vs car.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Free Supercharging today through Monday at these locations (in 5 states, but we have a goodly amount of Cali folks!)

Arizona, California and Nevada​

Times

Before 9 AM and after 6 PM

Locations

• Kingman, AZ
  • Kingman, AZ – West Andy Devine
  • Baker, CA
  • Bakersfield, CA – Copus Road (Limited Amenities)
  • Bakersfield, CA – I-5
  • Barstow, CA
  • Barstow, CA – East Main Street
  • Barstow, CA – Tanger Way
  • Beaumont, CA
  • Buttonwillow, CA
  • Cabazon, CA
  • Cabazon, CA – Morongo Trail
  • Hesperia, CA
  • Indio, CA
  • Needles, CA
  • Palm Springs, CA
  • Rancho Mirage, CA
  • Tejon Ranch, CA
  • Tejon Ranch, CA – Outlets at Tejon Pkwy
  • Yermo, CA
  • Primm, NV

Oklahoma and Texas​

Times

Before 11 AM and after 8 PM

Locations

• Ardmore, OK
  • Oklahoma City, OK
  • Columbus, TX
  • Denton, TX
  • Flatonia, TX
  • Katy, TX

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Which may be neat to track power usage beyond what is used to charge the battery if that is something that can be enabled and make it easier to diagnose a charging fault being with the wall connector vs car.

Yeah, our smart charger does this, and I get a report sent to me (via email), or can look it up in the app. It also shows the amount of power used vs. the amount of charge, so you get a good sense of charging efficiency.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Green light chime (user on/off toggle) for x.20, that's a slick little tweak, I haven't gotten it yet, just read about it. Looks like maybe x.20 won't be a big push, and it'll be an x.20.1/.2 wide release :)

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Someone actually got the regen braking option it's in a '19 SR+, and their much newer MY didn't get it.

The mysteries of Tesla software distribution :ROFLMAO:

1657466732167.png

(Photo: pdx_m3s @ TMC)

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Had an incident at the car wash yesterday, car in front of me lost a bag of trash somehow and it ended up directly in front of my car, which was in neutral. So the car sounded all the alarms and stopped itself, the car behind me tapped my bumper and ended up veering into one of the rollers which scraped up her bumper pretty good.

There was no damage to my car but I did file a report with the car wash and sent all the corresponding video to the driver of the other car. It was all captured from multiple angles, the recording features of this car are excellent, couldn't have planned to film something like this any better.

Last edited:

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Must be nice to be getting all these updates…
Getting new features and fixes to keep everything updated is awesome. Not sure how other cars handle it but it took an act of God and long visits to the dealership to update my BMW, like Tesla or not they are extremely well connected with today's tech.

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Getting new features and fixes to keep everything updated is awesome. Not sure how other cars handle it but it took an act of God and long visits to the dealership to update my BMW, like Tesla or not they are extremely well connected with today's tech.
As long as today’s tech isn’t CarPlay.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
As long as today’s tech isn’t CarPlay.
:( way to kill my buzz, man!

I'm pretty used to it now with all my workarounds, I put an Amazon Echo Auto in there and can pretty much do it all with my music and other things. The only thing I really miss is the texting, the system in the Tesla is pretty awful so I don't even bother, I just tap the microphone option on my phone and use voice to text that way and it's pretty simple.

diamond.g

Power User
Reaction score
Yeah I am stuck on an older branch cause NoA City Streets.

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Oh for fucks sake. I just installed an update to my Model S, and it completely changed the user interface again. Now doing something as simple as my wife changing the temperature in the passenger seat is a multiple step process involving swipes and taps, with controls that don’t show up if you don’t know where to look. Even “favorites” for the media player are now a mish mash of actually saved favorites and some other stations that I guess I must have listened to one time a year ago.

Elon Musk won’t be happy until he makes it impossible to control anything while you are driving.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Oh for fucks sake. I just installed an update to my Model S, and it completely changed the user interface again. Now doing something as simple as my wife changing the temperature in the passenger seat is a multiple step process involving swipes and taps, with controls that don’t show up if you don’t know where to look. Even “favorites” for the media player are now a mish mash of actually saved favorites and some other stations that I guess I must have listened to one time a year ago.

Elon Musk won’t be happy until he makes it impossible to control anything while you are driving.
Shit, I'm afraid to look at mine now. Nothing like pulling over to google how to change a basic setting.

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Shit, I'm afraid to look at mine now. Nothing like pulling over to google how to change a basic setting.
You probably already have it. Apparently my car looks like the “modern” cars now, with icons that can be replaced at the bottom (where I used to have everything I needed, and now I can only fit a few icons in there, and to change the temperature now you need to change the temperature, then tap split, instead of having it always showing and in reach of the passenger. And the seat heater for the passenger doesn’t show up unless you do similar gymnastics).

On the positive side, I now have that feature in the app where I can see charge statistics.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
You probably already have it. Apparently my car looks like the “modern” cars now, with icons that can be replaced at the bottom (where I used to have everything I needed, and now I can only fit a few icons in there, and to change the temperature now you need to change the temperature, then tap split, instead of having it always showing and in reach of the passenger. And the seat heater for the passenger doesn’t show up unless you do similar gymnastics).

On the positive side, I now have that feature in the app where I can see charge statistics.
Yeah but you can pin farts to your taskbar now.