Elon Musk - Tesla FSD price rising to $12k on Jan 17

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
I get that the charger is primarily a fat bridge circuit that you need to have in there ITFP for regen braking (I think I read of some car or cars that have supercaps to catch as much of that as possible, but they would still need the bridge from the A/C motor), but where is charge management? Do the battery packs themselves have logic to prevent overcharging?

My other question would be about cold weather. I read that lithium batteries have some issues with charging properly when it is cold out. Does anyone include reverse cooling (warming them up a little) to mitigate that?

At least on my tesla it pre-heats the pack when it knows it is going to charge. It also prevents regenerative breaking from overcharging until the pack is warm, and puts a line on the dashboard graph to show you the limit.

quagmire

Site Champ
Reaction score
I get that the charger is primarily a fat bridge circuit that you need to have in there ITFP for regen braking (I think I read of some car or cars that have supercaps to catch as much of that as possible, but they would still need the bridge from the A/C motor), but where is charge management? Do the battery packs themselves have logic to prevent overcharging?

In terms of preventing overcharging, are you talking specifically about preventing overcharging via regen braking? If so at least with Tesla, it will reduce regen braking all the way to no regen braking( need to use friction brakes) as the battery is fully charged.

Top Bottom
1 2