EU passes massive regulation of "Big Tech" companies.

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
LOL. Someone sent me a screenshot - they tried to register on MR as “cmaiersGhost” and got banned immediately as a duplicate registration.

For the record everyone - there is only one cmaier, and this is where I post. Accept no imitations, derivations, or undead variations.

thedocbwarren

Reaction score
LOL. Someone sent me a screenshot - they tried to register on MR as “cmaiersGhost” and got banned immediately as a duplicate registration.

For the record everyone - there is only one cmaier, and this is where I post. Accept no imitations, derivations, or undead variations.
So I guess we won't see a "Bored Cmaier" account posing as you?

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
I suppose not - those mods are really on top of their game over there.
Their game is Calvinball.

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Oh well. I've been permanently banned from MR for disagreeing with their moderation practices regarding everyone's friend!

They also accused me of creating other accounts there. Completely false.

C'est la vie.
Welcome!

JayAgostino

Suspended
Reaction score
Oh well. I've been permanently banned from MR for disagreeing with their moderation practices regarding everyone's friend!

They also accused me of creating other accounts there. Completely false.

C'est la vie.
Well, I'm probably about to meet the same fate...
1657826028059.png

1657826099228.png

I should've quoted his previous reply... :ROFLMAO:
1657826222799.png

Colstan

Site Champ
Reaction score
Welcome Jimmy, good to see you here. Perhaps to the detriment of my own sanity, I haven't yet been banned from MR. However, I have had numerous messages deleted for being "off topic" simply because I've posted links to this forum and invited any "reasonable folks", as I put it, to join us over here. I think someone is enraged that this forum exists and that we are outside of their purview to sow discord as they see fit. I don't understand what motivates the mods at MR to make the decisions that they do, but it's obvious how they foster an atmosphere that allows anti-social malcontents to hide behind forum rules. I would note that the chieftain of the MR moderators is a Windows user and vocal Apple critic, which may explain why our little friend is heavily protected beyond reason.

Regardless, I think you'll enjoy your time here. I've been weaning myself off of MR, 'tis a silly place.

Jimmyjames

Site Champ
Reaction score
Welcome Jimmy, good to see you here. Perhaps to the detriment of my own sanity, I haven't yet been banned from MR. However, I have had numerous messages deleted for being "off topic" simply because I've posted links to this forum and invited any "reasonable folks", as I put it, to join us over here. I think someone is enraged that this forum exists and that we are outside of their purview to sow discord as they see fit. I don't understand what motivates the mods at MR to make the decisions that they do, but it's obvious how they foster an atmosphere that allows anti-social malcontents to hide behind forum rules. I would note that the chieftain of the MR moderators is a Windows user and vocal Apple critic, which may explain why our little friend is heavily protected beyond reason.

Regardless, I think you'll enjoy your time here. I've been weaning myself off of MR, 'tis a silly place.
Very interesting, thanks.

I can only assume they value misinformation and trolling as a means of driving “engagement”. As long as lots of us post/argue, they don’t care. Surely it will continue to lead to a greater exodus of more knowledgeable people.

I am surprised someone who prefers Windows and dislikes Apple would find it worthwhile to spend long enough there to become a mod, unless the purpose of mods there is…

Colstan

Site Champ
Reaction score
I can only assume they value misinformation and trolling as a means of driving “engagement”. As long as lots of us post/argue, they don’t care.
My initial assumption was to give the MR mods the benefit of the doubt and assume that overall forum message volume was too high for them to follow beyond cursory examination, so they were simply ignorant of the details, hence falling for subtle yet persistent troll gimmicks. That can't be the case at this point, nobody is this dense, so it must be an intentional act to drive up views. Pattern recognition alone, with one individual being responsible for at least a dozen banishings should have been clue enough, yet the situation has gone unmoderated for years. Logic and reason only matter when truth is paramount, but emotion and discord make money.

I am surprised someone who prefers Windows and dislikes Apple would find it worthwhile to spend long enough there to become a mod, unless the purpose of mods there is…
While I don't know all of the details, the mod in question appears to have been a once dedicated Apple user who decided that the "Apple tax" wasn't worth paying, switched en masse to Microsoft and PC solutions, yet still wants to be a principle moderator for a high-volume Apple-centric forum. When not championing straw men and defending hucksters and vagabonds, they never miss an opportunity to slander those they see as Apple apologists. The only time this particular mod liked one of my posts was when I criticized something that Rene Ritchie said during a softball interview with an Apple executive. While I like Rene, I described his query as clearly sycophantic, and the MR mod was most agreeable with that assessment. They are well-versed in the language of all things Apple, but are decidedly pro-PC and have no interest in going back. Considering this individual is a senior mod and been with MR for many years, everyone will defer to them, and I don't expect anything to change. It's very much a passive form of bias; the bombast of the trolls get all of the heat, while the mod can keep a thin air of impartiality.

It would be like a political party's propaganda officer quietly switching sides to the opposition, yet still keeping the keys to their old party's treasury. They know where the bodies are buried and will use that to subtly promote their own cause from the inside, while hurting their former compatriots whenever possible, meanwhile avoiding all blame because the other rabble-rousers are much louder. I think this may explain why one shamelessly pro-PC troll was heavily protected, despite blatant signs of antagonism; meanwhile, good-intentioned quality members, such as yourself and others here, were tossed into the virtual gulag. Thankfully, many were able to regain footing here, and continue to contribute to the community in a constructive manner, now that we can avail ourselves of this positive environment.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Well, I'm probably about to meet the same fate...
View attachment 15853
View attachment 15854

I should've quoted his previous reply... :ROFLMAO:
View attachment 15855
Icanhaz and I7Guy troll everyone who questions anything on a regular basis in that forum, you've never seen suckups kissing more ass to the mods than these two, It's flat out embarrassing.

Watch your ass around them, they'll troll you provocatively and then report as soon as you step out of line. Moderators have their backs at all times and you will be the only one penalized so it's best to just put them on ignore.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Are you guys talking about Ka-ra-tay Mike?

(Seen below doling out justice at MR ...)

1657893289196.png

Nycturne

Elite Member
Reaction score
Watch your ass around them, they'll troll you provocatively and then report as soon as you step out of line. Moderators have their backs at all times and you will be the only one penalized so it's best to just put them on ignore.

Sounds like ****ing middle school, to be honest.

Top Bottom
1 2