Evangelical minister explains evangelicals…not in a good light.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
So who are "evangelicals"? And how did they become such massive hypocrites? | Salon.com

Interesting to note he says they are ideological descendants of the Pharisees who had Jesus put to death and even Jesus addressed these assholes in the Bible. "Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites!" says Jesus in Matthew 23. "On the outside you appear to people as righteous but on the inside you are full of hypocrisy and wickedness."

I know we have freedom of religion in this country but, frankly, I think this group should be banned like the Nazi party in Germany and categorized as an enemy of the state. The author of the article acknowledges people drawn to religion tend to not ask a lot of questions. Imagine if these people moved to a Christian religion that actually follows the teachings of Jesus and put their same energy into it. But I also believe evangelicals attract people who are miserable and are only interested in persecuting others as some kind of compensation. I don’t know what to do with those people. They will always exist, religion or not.

Yoused

up
Reaction score
knee deep in the road apples of the 4 horsemen
I know we have freedom of religion in this country but, frankly, I think this group should be banned like the Nazi party in Germany and categorized as an enemy of the state.

Freedom of Religion was originally intended to keep the state from persecuting people based on their belief set. If the founders could see today how churches have leveraged power to become a lateral arm of the state, they might have worded 1A a little differently. There needs to be a threshhold at which a religious leader is prevented from using the pulpit to fill people's heads with extraneous bullshit or fill god's mouth with the words they want in there. It is not the believers that are theproblem, it is the preachers.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
It is not the believers that are the problem, it is the preachers.

That's why I'm saying if people need religion and find comfort in it then fine. There are plenty of others to choose from that aren't actively trying to destroy the country to enrich the few.

But also there are "good people" who aren't actually good people or led estray. Some religions just provide them cover. I'm sure there are plenty raised on this who early on saw it as the profiteering scam opportunity that it is, complete with the repentance loophole.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Jesus specifically told his followers NOT to do a political takeover. Today’s evangelicals are completely missing the boat.

“My kingdom is not of this world"
“Render unto Caesar that which is Caesar’s"

Those two quotes are just the tip of the iceberg. Jesus repeatedly explained to his followers that he wasn’t a political leader. Many wanted to elevate him as a king. In one case, he left to go into the mountains when he saw they were trying it. In another, he chose to ride into Jerusalem on a humble donkey to show that he wasn’t there to take political power.

One of the famous 3 temptations of Christ was Satan offering him power to rule as a king. He turned it down.

This is critical to the religion. There’s nothing un-Christian about voting. But attempting to force Christian values onto those that don’t believe them using political power? That is antithetical to what Jesus (at least as he was portrayed in the Bible) stood for.

sgtaylor5

Power User
Reaction score
Jesus specifically told his followers NOT to do a political takeover. Today’s evangelicals are completely missing the boat.

“My kingdom is not of this world"
“Render unto Caesar that which is Caesar’s"

Those two quotes are just the tip of the iceberg. Jesus repeatedly explained to his followers that he wasn’t a political leader. Many wanted to elevate him as a king. In one case, he left to go into the mountains when he saw they were trying it. In another, he chose to ride into Jerusalem on a humble donkey to show that he wasn’t there to take political power.

One of the famous 3 temptations of Christ was Satan offering him power to rule as a king. He turned it down.

This is critical to the religion. There’s nothing un-Christian about voting. But attempting to force Christian values onto those that don’t believe them using political power? That is antithetical to what Jesus (at least as he was portrayed in the Bible) stood for.
Spot on!! If I could like this post 1000 times I would.

Top Bottom
1 2