Evil (2019- Paramount)

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
3A4559B8-5BF2-44E0-927D-D61498511D4E.jpeg

Just watched Season 2, Episode 10, (3 more to go to the season final) this story is getting darker and the ramifications of this good vs evil story is becoming much larger in scope. đź‘Ť

My wife says it’s getting stupid, which is one way to look at it, :) but I’m enjoying the premise and characters (really like the main stars and the nun :)).

If you missed the chat in the TV thread, it’s about three investigators working for the Catholic Church whose job is to debunk or confirm possibly paranormal or religious events. I read Season 3 is a go!

I was shocked that the police office friend let Kristen off the hook for murder, understand it could be considered self defense, yet. With the emerging evil, this could be tied in with the big plans of the Devil. :)

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Spoilers
Season 2:Episode11-
I am loving this show, it’s in the zone of creativity, and unexpected. The darkness in Kristen, has it been lifted? What are the forces of the Devil pumping into the veins of her mother?? :oops: 🤮

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
I'm posting without looking at any thread content yet, is it safe / spoiler free (we haven't started S02 yet ...)

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Defin
I'm posting without looking at any thread content yet, is it safe / spoiler free (we haven't started S02 yet ...)
Definitely getting darker, Kristen mostly effected, the impact on her, her daughter, and her mother.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Just finished Season 2, and while I’m still enjoying it, it seems it has lost it’s focus juggling many plot balls, even though many are/seem related, carrying them forward but other stories come and go and seem to be glossed over or dropped unfinished. If you expect some resolution at the end of season 2, there really are none to be had, the plot continues to get deeper and more complex. In the major plot line, I’m guessing we are somewhere between the 4th and 7th inning,

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Just started Season 3, ok still loving this. The dynamics of the story are outstanding Kristen clinical psychologist, Leland the primary bad guy, Kristen’s husband who just came home for good, and her mother working for the other team, along with new Priest David, who is being visited by a demon, appearing to be Kristen, praying on his sex addiction.

With the brief nudity, but more the language, I can’t imagine it broadcast on CBS unless there, it is edited.

fischersd

Meh
Reaction score
Heh - I had been watching this "religiously" since it first came out. There were rumblings that it was cancelled after 2 seasons, so I didn't pick it up again. Think maybe I should grab season 3 and see if it's a winner.

Did they renew it for a 4th season, or is it done?

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
It was renewed for a 4th season a few months ago!

“Evil continues to expand its fanbase of both critics and viewers alike. Season three currently has a 100% rating on Rotten Tomatoes and it is a consistent top five most-watched original series and acquisition driver for the service,” said Nicole Clemens, president, Paramount+ Original Scripted Series, in a statement. “We couldn’t be more excited to be terrified by what Robert and Michelle create for season four with our outstanding cast bringing it to life.”

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Heh - I had been watching this "religiously" since it first came out. There were rumblings that it was cancelled after 2 seasons, so I didn't pick it up again. Think maybe I should grab season 3 and see if it's a winner.

Did they renew it for a 4th season, or is it done?
My TV Time app which has been indispensable for keeping track of my streaming content says it is returning. :)

Top Bottom
1 2