Ex-FBI lawyer to plead guilty in probe of Mueller investigation

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
It seems as though he altered the date on a FISA warrant so that they could continue surveilling Carter Page.

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
This is one that not even anti-Trumpers like myself cannot defend.
As part of their efforts to dissuade prosecutors from charging Mr. Clinesmith, his lawyers argued that his motives were benign, and other evidence indicated that he had not tried to hide the C.I.A. email from his colleagues,

“Kevin deeply regrets having altered the email,” Mr. Clinesmith’s lawyer, Justin Shur, said in a statement. “It was never his intent to mislead the court or his colleagues as he believed the information he relayed was accurate. But Kevin understands what he did was wrong and accepts responsibility. ”

Yeah, well, he should.

I'll be interested in seeing how much "downstream" trouble this causes.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
Depends on how quickly they can get it moving. They’re likely to say it invalidates everything else.

That is a problem with a lot of things right now but not to the point oh changing minds. Like the Chicago BLM organizer who is pro-looting and build-a-reperation opportunist. It gives fuel to those who think the movement is defined by that, but it doesn't change the mind of those who know it isn't.

I think a major part of the problem is neither side is quick, or even act at all, to condemn the extreme or illegal elements of their movement and I think that's because they feel even acknowledging that element give validation to the detractors that the who thing is bullshit.

jkcerda

Site Champ
Reaction score
That is a problem with a lot of things right now but not to the point oh changing minds. Like the Chicago BLM organizer who is pro-looting and build-a-reperation opportunist. It gives fuel to those who think the movement is defined by that, but it doesn't change the mind of those who know it isn't.

I think a major part of the problem is neither side is quick, or even act at all, to condemn the extreme or illegal elements of their movement and I think that's because they feel even acknowledging that element give validation to the detractors that the who thing is bullshit.
sure if a problem on BOTH sides.

ouimetnick

Power User
Reaction score
So he lied about something. Flynn also lied to the FBI and got off with out a problem. Roger Stone lies to congress and got away with it.
Using Trump’s own logic, this FBI agent is the victim and should be pardoned.

Using real world logic, this guy should face the consequences of his actions (so should Stone and Flynn).

Top Bottom
1 2