Facebook and misinformation

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Researchers trying to document how misinformation spreads on Facebook have had their accounts disabled. Facebook wants to hide what they are doing. If you have an account, you should cancel it immediately. Haven’t seen this level of blatant firing of whistleblowers and watchdogs since the Trump administration.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
U

User.191

Like IG for photography stuff but short of that FB is just a haven for misinformed people to spread their ignorance, I haven't had a personal account there for years.
I like my photography not interspersed with random posts about herbal supplements, new cars and Dell laptops - and also not having me tracked up the wazoo and associated with FB

Runs For Fun

Masochist
Site Donor
Reaction score
An explanation of why Facebook was inaccessible…

tl;dr
dns.jpg

😂 (or technically BGP in this case)

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
An explanation of why Facebook was inaccessible…

Heh, I prefer the plain English in a tweet relayed by a Reuters piece:

"Facebook basically locked its keys in its car."​
(Jonathan Zittrain, director of Harvard's Berkman Klein Center for Internet & Society​

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
I find this disturbing

"The Facebook outage on Monday was a planetary-scale demonstration of how essential the company's services have become to daily life," Raymond Zhong of the New York Times writes, adding that Facebook and its many apps "are critical platforms for doing business, arranging medical care, conducting virtual classes, carrying out political campaigns [and] responding to emergencies" around the entire planet."

It also echos silicon valley employment culture. "We put everything you could possibly need here. Why would you ever want to go home? Just stay here more hours. You know you want to."

Top Bottom
1 2