Apple Arcade Fantasian (aka the pumpkin thread)

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
This is a game where you walk around and talk to people, make acquaintances that join your party, and then fight monsters. When you fight monsters, the screen changes and you go into a turn-based combat screen. It is mildly challenging and a good way to pass the time. The story is pretty good for a video game…

U

User 189

This is a game where you walk around and talk to people, make acquaintances that join your party, and then fight monsters. When you fight monsters, the screen changes and you go into a turn-based combat screen. It is mildly challenging and a good way to pass the time. The story is pretty good for a video game…
It reminds me of Final Fantasy.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
I kind of wanted to play this, not only do the game mechanics look fun, but the whole idea of using physical, hand built dioramas as the models is insanely cool.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
I kind of wanted to play this, not only do the game mechanics look fun, but the whole idea of using physical, hand built dioramas as the models is insanely cool.

DT we hardly knew ye! What's with your avatar's advance on Halloween?!

lizkat

Reaction score
Hahahaha, I'm protesting @Alli and @Thomas Veil's anti-pumpkin position.

:ROFLMAO:

Yeah, it's a bit early :D

Ah, ok, i missed part of the thread.. think the naysayers were were @Alli and @ronntaylor

I dunno about pumpkin myself. I like pumpkin pie but that's about it. Stuff like pumpkin soup... pass. Maybe I'd like a savory version but not with regular pumpkin pie sorta spices.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Ah, ok, i missed part of the thread.. think the naysayers were were @Alli and @ronntaylor

I dunno about pumpkin myself. I like pumpkin pie but that's about it. Stuff like pumpkin soup... pass. Maybe I'd like a savory version but not with regular pumpkin pie sorta spices.

Doh! I bet @Thomas Veil is secretly an anti-pumpkite ... THEY'RE EVERYWHERE!!

In fact, that pumpkin soup comment sounds a little gourdist ...

lizkat

Reaction score

Finally I'm recognized for what I am: a gourdist!

Yeah I do like to carve pumpkins in the season and put gourds around them as decorations.

But when it comes to cooking pumpkins, I treat them like any kind of winter squash... butter, salt, pepper.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Finally I'm recognized for what I am: a gourdist!

Yeah I do like to carve pumpkins in the season and put gourds around them as decorations.

But when it comes to cooking pumpkins, I treat them like any kind of winter squash... butter, salt, pepper.

We dig on some winter squash, yeah, done up salty, buttery, but then I like to hose them down with a little honey, get a good sweet ~n~ savory thing going.

So a few months back, the little G asked for some pumpkin pie filling, you know, just plain canned pumpkin for some recipe, she wound up not using it, so the wife on-the-fly made some pumpkin cookies (and a little icing) and holy hell were they good. Thick and soft, kind of like a cake texture (icing was some kind of cream cheese something-something).

I need to request those again :D

I was at the store today and there were about 1000 pumpkin or Oktoberfest beers prominently displayed.

And that seems way early, doesn't it? Those couple of Southern Tier beers I picked up had been out since almost the beginning of August!

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score

Well, I've been outed.

At least where food is concerned, not only don't I not like pumpkin-pretty-much-anything, but I turn off the sound on the TV when John Oliver does that bit where THEY SCREAM ABOUT PUMPKIN SPICE IN A DISTORTED VOICE THAT SOUNDS LIKE AN END-OF-THE-WORLD KLAXON ON STEROIDS!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

ronntaylor

Elite Member
Reaction score

I use to like pumpkin pie. But the taste seems off the last several years. Then I discovered that most "pumpkin" is actually squash. Knew something was up. I'm like you, I'm particular to savory squash and only like real pumpkin pie which I can't recall the last time I had any. Maybe about 20 years ago when Grams made it from scratch with Aunt Jo-Dorothy during an impromptu bake-off.

lizkat

Reaction score
I was at the store today and there were about 1000 pumpkin or Oktoberfest beers prominently displayed.

Nothing like getting a leg up. But one of my neighbors up the road does that too, they have an Oktoberfest celebration they start planning for every year right about now. Food is out of this world. Bratwurst.... all my flexitarian tendencies disappear at the very thought of it.

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
Y’all may want to take away some of those likes on my last post. Rereading it I realized it didn’t make sense; I was trying to say I don’t like pumpkin, but somehow I left out the word “not”. (God, I’m getting old.)

My remark about John Oliver’s totally obnoxious voice-over artist stands.

ronntaylor

Elite Member
Reaction score
Between last minute Kroger run and FB posts from a few fanatics, pumpkin is everywhere. Then my HS classmate Reggie posted this appropriate meme:

SummerStill.png

Top Bottom
1 2