FBI executed search warrant at Mar-a-Lago

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
Well TFG is back at it. Trump's team has now claimed that Judge Dearie is going beyond his mandate by asking them to make the claim on record whether or not the FBI planted files. And saying the timeline is too short to review the files.

So he doesn't want to say on record because he needs to spew the lies to his base, and delay... delay... delay... Let's see what that joke for a judge Cannon does. My guess, side with Trump.

RawStory Link

So damn tired of giving this disgrazia of an ex-prez so much free space in my head. Who cares what he wants He asked for a special master and got one. No one ever said there'd be a Diet Coke and a side of fries served up alongside it.

The sooner he lands in the dustbin of the history books (ones that few of his die-hard supporters wiil or could read anyway), the better. Never in all my years, until the ascension of Trump, had I ever imagined I could think so little of a person who managed to occupy the highest elective office in the United States of America.

I wouldn't mind if the press just ran one-paragraph updates on Trump's legal troubles from here on out until he fades away. It's not that I don't want justice served upon him. I'd just like it to happen with about the same fanfare that the average citizen in some legal difficulty collects during experience of "all due process" of our rule of law.

rdrr

Elite Member
Reaction score
Sorry lizkat, but it looks like I will be updating this thread again with the latest events on this saga. Please skip the lines below to reduce the Trump footprint in your thoughts. :)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just as expected "judge" Cannon ruled in favor of the orange menace and said he doesn't have to submit the affidavit until they review all the documents. Which he has claimed cannot be done in the time set. So it seems that this nightmare won't end and Cannon has turned the rule of law and order on its head again.

https://storage.courtlistener.com/recap/gov.uscourts.flsd.618763/gov.uscourts.flsd.618763.125.0.pdf

lizkat

Reaction score
Sorry lizkat, but it looks like I will be updating this thread again with the latest events on this saga. Please skip the lines below to reduce the Trump footprint in your thoughts. :)

Thanks for the laugh, I needed it.

As for the update, well as a news junkie I needed that too... sigh... so thanks again i guess 🥴

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just as expected "judge" Cannon ruled in favor of the orange menace and said he doesn't have to submit the affidavit until they review all the documents. Which he has claimed cannot be done in the time set. So it seems that this nightmare won't end and Cannon has turned the rule of law and order on its head again.

https://storage.courtlistener.com/recap/gov.uscourts.flsd.618763/gov.uscourts.flsd.618763.125.0.pdf

My prediction is that Dearie quits. he isn’t getting paid to do this, and he doesn’t need the headache.

rdrr

Elite Member
Reaction score
How do you view chance of Trump firing him?
Is it up to Trump or Cannon? I believe the chances are better than good.

Is there a way to investigate a Federal Judge's phone/email contacts? I am sure Trump and his team has been in communication with Cannon outside of official and legal lines.

Last edited:

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Why is the judge acting as a rubber stamp for the insane demands of the Trump legal team?

Imagine a killer getting a judge to tell the state they couldn’t use the legally obtained firearm they seized from the killer as evidence in court. Imagine a home invader successfully lobbying a judge to have detectives forbidden to go into the victim’s home to collect evidence - or a judge telling a family “Yeah, you can’t go back to your home because you may plant evidence to frame the person who broke in”.

This judge is doubling-down on stupid. Trump is getting everything he wants from her, none of which he is entitled to.

rdrr

Elite Member
Reaction score
Why is the judge acting as a rubber stamp for the insane demands of the Trump legal team?

Imagine a killer getting a judge to tell the state they couldn’t use the legally obtained firearm they seized from the killer as evidence in court. Imagine a home invader successfully lobbying a judge to have detectives forbidden to go into the victim’s home to collect evidence - or a judge telling a family “Yeah, you can’t go back to your home because you may plant evidence to frame the person who broke in”.

This judge is doubling-down on stupid. Trump is getting everything he wants from her, none of which he is entitled to.
The biggest problem with this ruling that I see, is that the DoJ cannot appeal it. This is a ruling to limit the SM Dearie order, of put up or shut up.

lizkat

Reaction score
Biggest problem is, of course, Donald Trump himself. His newest lawyer is probably ready to say so.

Trump’s legal team divided over how to handle Mar-a-Lago case (WaPo, paywall removed)

"New lawyer’s advice to seek an ‘off-ramp’ with Justice Department is not being heeded, people familiar with discussions say."

Yeah, imagine anyone's surprise... Trump can't stop angling for whatever gets headlines. Idiot.

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
I hope his only off-ramp leads to federal prison. He’ll probably break a few more laws in his effort to score a perceived win. Of course, anything less than prison will be seen by his supporters as “complete vindication”.

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
309874903_665357284985427_4211905469888184096_n.jpg

mac_in_tosh

Site Champ
Reaction score
Every day that this career criminal Trump doesn't get at least indicted makes a mockery of the U.S. justice system. Any ordinary person would already have been indicted for some if not all the things for which he is being investigated. But he's managed to avoid jail despite a life of possible sexual assault, grifting (misuse of funds), cheating (banks, insurance companies, taxes, contractors), incitement to insurrection, stealing of highly classified documents (violation of Espionage Act) and failing to comply with a subpoena to hand them over (obstruction), working with a foreign government to affect the 2016 election (collusion) and covering it up (obstruction) etc. Yet here he is playing golf almost every day and holding deranged rallies where he continues to spew lies and threaten violence while investigations plod on due to his seemingly endless stalling tactics that would not be available to the average person. He is a danger to the republic and needs to be stopped.

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Every day that this career criminal Trump doesn't get at least indicted makes a mockery of the U.S. justice system. Any ordinary person would already have been indicted for some if not all the things for which he is being investigated. But he's managed to avoid jail despite a life of possible sexual assault, grifting (misuse of funds), cheating (banks, insurance companies, taxes, contractors), incitement to insurrection, stealing of highly classified documents (violation of Espionage Act) and failing to comply with a subpoena to hand them over (obstruction), working with a foreign government to affect the 2016 election (collusion) and covering it up (obstruction) etc. Yet here he is playing golf almost every day and holding deranged rallies where he continues to spew lies and threaten violence while investigations plod on due to his seemingly endless stalling tactics that would not be available to the average person. He is a danger to the republic and needs to be stopped.

It's bewildering, isn't it? I'm hoping Garland/Willis will soon have some announcements. More news from James would be nice, too.

ronntaylor

Elite Member
Reaction score
It's bewildering, isn't it? I'm hoping Garland/Willis will soon have some announcements. More news from James would be nice, too.
I'm guessing that Garland is waiting for after the midterms, SOP for an election year. And James is probably finished with her investigations. The IRS and Manhattan DA have to do their jobs and bring charges like James did.

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
That was fast. Despite the Trumpian conservatives in the Supreme Court, I don’t see Trump winning. Allowing outgoing presidents to take whatever they want and declassifying documents “by thinking about it” is a bad standard to set, and even if permitted, what about the lying and obstruction?

Trump was wrong every step of the way here. I don’t see the court giving him much freedom here.

rdrr

Elite Member
Reaction score
That was fast. Despite the Trumpian conservatives in the Supreme Court, I don’t see Trump winning. Allowing outgoing presidents to take whatever they want and declassifying documents “by thinking about it” is a bad standard to set, and even if permitted, what about the lying and obstruction?

Trump was wrong every step of the way here. I don’t see the court giving him much freedom here.

Couple of questions... I thought with the existing Appeal going on in the 11th Circuit, this has to wait? Also didn't Cannon amend her order once she got dope slapped? So there in essence isn't an order to restrict using the classified documents (That Trump claims were planted)?

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Couple of questions... I thought with the existing Appeal going on in the 11th Circuit, this has to wait? Also didn't Cannon amend her order once she got dope slapped? So there in essence isn't an order to restrict using the classified documents (That Trump claims were planted)?

I dunno, just saw the news breaking this afternoon.

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Top Bottom
1 2