Fed up by LA pothole, Arnold Schwarzenegger fills it himself

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
LOS ANGELES (AP) — Fed up by an enormous pothole in his Los Angeles neighborhood, Arnold Schwarzenegger picked up a shovel and filled it himself.

The actor and former California governor tweeted a video Tuesday of him and a helper using packaged concrete to repair the road in the Brentwood area.

“Today, after the whole neighborhood has been upset about this giant pothole that’s been screwing up cars and bicycles for weeks, I went out with my team and fixed it,” he wrote on Twitter. “I always say, let’s not complain, let’s do something about it. Here you go.”

A neighbor rolled down her car window and shouted her thanks at the action movie star.

“You’re welcome,” said Schwarzenegger, decked out in work boots, a leather jacket and shades reminiscent of his role in “Terminator.”

“You have to do it yourself. This is crazy. For three weeks I’ve been waiting for this hole to be closed,” he said.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
3 weeks? There's been major potholes in NorCal freeways for at least 3 months since the rains started. Can't exactly personally boot strap filling potholes on the freeway.

In one area the righthand lane has remained continuously wet and puddle filled for months even if it hadn't rained in days. As a result it has been rapidly corroding with growing potholes. It's near impossible to see at night and they can't even be bothered to post some kind of warning on the side of the road, not even a cone.

I understand we've had unexpected extreme rain this year. It would be one thing if I saw road crews working on repairing anything, but I don't. If anything they're busying themselves installing new speed bumps on residential streets which is redundant because the unrepaired potholes serve as speed bumps.

This, in the state with the highest gas taxes that are supposed to pay for these exact things.

Top Bottom
1 2