Fennec fox

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
If you watch this and don't want one you are either dead inside, a responsible animal lover that knows not every animal is meant to be a pet, or a fur trapper from the 1800's. Those ears!

Renzatic

Egg Nog King of the Eastern Seaboard
Reaction score
The way I see it, having a fox, or an otter, or whatever other cute thing as a pet might be appealing, but everyone needs to realize that these aren't domesticated animals. They will probably try to eat your face.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
The way I see it, having a fox, or an otter, or whatever other cute thing as a pet might be appealing, but everyone needs to realize that these aren't domesticated animals. They will probably try to eat your face.

More likely they will destroy your property value, but I agree. Possibly misguided, but I keep my more exotic pets with the belief that their odds are better with me than in the wild. They don't know this, but that's how I look at it. If I just let them loose there's a good chance they'll get killed by a predator within a week.

Renzatic

Egg Nog King of the Eastern Seaboard
Reaction score
More likely they will destroy your property value, but I agree. Possibly misguided, but I keep my more exotic pets with the belief that their odds are better with me than in the wild. They don't know this, but that's how I look at it. If I just let them loose there's a good chance they'll get killed by a predator within a week.

Right. You can take care of them, and they may even come to trust you, but they're not like cats and dogs. I wouldn't try to smother them with cuddles or anything.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
Right. You can take care of them, and they may even come to trust you, but they're not like cats and dogs. I wouldn't try to smother them with cuddles or anything.

It's hard to not assign human attributes to animals. It's natural. You can still give them a good quality of life with research. I know my critters don't directly appreciate the natural looking environments I try to give them but it provides a security that would comfort them in the wild.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
I’ve seen a lot of videos of foxes who choose to live with humans. I love the sound they make - more like a quack than a bark. They are beautiful.

Top Bottom
1 2