Fighting in Israel

U

User.45

This could probably go in the TF Guy thread, but since it’s related to the Israel/Palestine conflict, I will put this stupidity from Tom Cotton here:

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1394385978878476290/

What’s next? Will he accuse school kids or hospital patients of intentionally being human shields too?
Holy fucking shit:D

Let's sum this up. He's either better-informed than AP and/or the Secretary of State. Or AP and/or the Secretary of State are lying about this. Or Sen. Cotton is misinformed, or lying.

I suspect Cotton isn't better informed than either AP or Blinken. AP could have the interest to misinform about this to save its reputation, but it wouldn't be a worthwhile lie as it would be revealed soon and jeopardize the reputation of the company. At least to my perspective, Blinken's interest is to corroborate the Hamas in the AP building story so the interpretation of the conflict remains easier and lower the controversy of supporting the IDF. So lying about this does not seem to make Blinken's job easier. It's quite the opposite. So I'd say it's quite unlikely that there is intel out there on Hamas being in the building. This takes us Sen. Cotton being misinformed...this guy went to Harvard too...So with such representation in the Republican party, either people from Harvard aren't very smart, or these guys are just cynical AF. And that takes us to his cadence. He's almost laughing at the bullshit his throwing at us. At the end of the day, my impression is that they really think their constituents are THIS dumb.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Holy fucking shit:D

Let's sum this up. He's either better-informed than AP and/or the Secretary of State. Or AP and/or the Secretary of State are lying about this. Or Sen. Cotton is misinformed, or lying.

I suspect Cotton isn't better informed than either AP or Blinken. AP could have the interest to misinform about this to save its reputation, but it wouldn't be a worthwhile lie as it would be revealed soon and jeopardize the reputation of the company. At least to my perspective, Blinken's interest is to corroborate the Hamas in the AP building story so the interpretation of the conflict remains easier and lower the controversy of supporting the IDF. So lying about this does not seem to make Blinken's job easier. It's quite the opposite. So I'd say it's quite unlikely that there is intel out there on Hamas being in the building. This takes us Sen. Cotton being misinformed...this guy went to Harvard too...So with such representation in the Republican party, either people from Harvard aren't very smart, or these guys are just cynical AF. And that takes us to his cadence. He's almost laughing at the bullshit his throwing at us. At the end of the day, my impression is that they really think their constituents are THIS dumb.
He graduated Harvard in 3 years. I don’t think he’s dumb. I think he is one of the biggest a$$-holes anywhere. He is also a huge attention-whore who got “famous” by accusing embedded reporters of espionage when he was in the Army. When he saw the right-wingers lapped that up instantly and begged for more, he decided he could get power by pandering to them.

I’d be way more worried about this guy in the White House than Trump to be honest.

U

User.45

He graduated Harvard in 3 years. I don’t think he’s dumb. I think he is one of the biggest a$$-holes anywhere. He is also a huge attention-whore who got “famous” by accusing embedded reporters of espionage when he was in the Army. When he saw the right-wingers lapped that up instantly and begged for more, he decided he could get power by pandering to them.

I’d be way more worried about this guy in the White House than Trump to be honest.

Agree. I mean I'd divide this to pre- and post-trump era. I think McCain or Romney would have been just decent presidents compared to Trump, and neither of these two guys are/was cynical, which I do respect. Now, after Trump beta tested the system, the last thing I want to see is these super cynical pseudo-dumb harvard grads taking over and actually utilizing the loopholes in a lot more sophisticated way to fuck the world up even more. It's an amazing collection btw. The antimasker MD, the climate denying engineer and the pro-insurrection lawyers. I couldn't make this shit up:D

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
Some interesting hot takes I heard recently.

On Israel’s right to exist, how do the Native Americans feel about the United States right to exist? Keep in mind that in saying it does in some way is saying The United State’s rights and needs supersedes that of Native Americans.

At one point Hamas said it took more of an issue with “The Jewish State of” Israel over just Israel. If that seems like very little difference or worse, what if we renamed our country The United White States of America? Some of our citizens are already there mentally. At best it’s extremely racist and at worst it says everybody who isn’t white is a second class citizen and all white people problems and concerns will always be at the top of the queue to be solved before all other race’s grievances and in some cases will cause problems for other races.

ouimetnick

Power User
Reaction score
Israel should turn Fox News into a parking lot. Flatten out OANN, NewsMax and Mike Lindell’s pillow factory. I’ve seen hamas stuffing those pillows with little poprockets.

U

User.45

It's in line with what I would expect from the Israeli equivalent of a Fox news reporter (Harkov, based on her bio).
There's something grotesque about using the term smoking gun in the context of phone-to-bomb neutralization of civilian buildings.

thekev

Elite Member
Reaction score
There's something grotesque about using the term smoking gun in the context of phone-to-bomb neutralization of civilian buildings.

I agree. I'm not sure whether that was a direct quote from Israeli officials or an improvised one. It's vile either way though.

If progressives weren't already political villain #1, this will motivate the rabid zealots to make them this now

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1395325905149566976/

It may, which is silly. If they won't de-escalate, we shouldn't be supplying their bombing campaign.

U

User.45

I agree. I'm not sure whether that was a direct quote from Israeli officials or an improvised one. It's vile either way though.

It may, which is silly. If they won't de-escalate, we shouldn't be supplying their bombing campaign.
I'll both sides this though. I've read that Hamas launched 3150(!) rockets towards Israel in a week. Who funds them? (Not us, but if we were, I'd be against that too). Neither side's bombing campaign deserves funding.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
I'll both sides this though. I've read that Hamas launched 3150(!) rockets towards Israel in a week. Who funds them? (Not us, but if we were, I'd be against that too). Neither side's bombing campaign deserves funding.

Iran. “Terrorist organizations” have a major problem in their PR in that they haven’t learned you just don’t say certain things that are a little too on the nose. Gentlemen just don’t do that. At one point Hamas suggested the US send them more precision weapons because then they could accurately target who they are after. Instead they have to launch their primitive weapons in mass quantities and they just land where they land.

On a related note, some insurrectionist sympathizers said they feel justified because they feel BLM rioters got a free pass. You might gain some sympathy on that, but since they just can’t help themselves when pressured (not much needed) they’ll say the BLM riots were wrong and storming the capitol was justified. So it's not about general civil unrest. It's about only their problems matter.

U

User.45

On a related note, some insurrectionist sympathizers said they feel justified because they feel BLM rioters got a free pass. You might gain some sympathy on that, but since they just can’t help themselves when pressured (not much needed) they’ll say the BLM riots were wrong and storming the capitol was justified. So it's not about general civil unrest. It's about only their problems matter.
My MR "frenemy" (who happens to be verifiedly black) told me that the Capitol events were "fine" and "BLM did it many times over" and "if they could clean up the place in a day it couldn't have been too bad". Beat this, LOL:D

thekev

Elite Member
Reaction score
My MR "frenemy" (who happens to be verifiedly black) told me that the Capitol events were "fine" and "BLM did it many times over" and "if they could clean up the place in a day it couldn't have been too bad". Beat this, LOL:D

I wonder how they would react if a predominantly Black mob marched on the capital, regardless of whether said mob espoused BLM support. It wasn't until recently that I figured a lot of these guys really are jackasses rather than just misinformed.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score

I know it can be hard to take personal motivations out of it, but people need to decide that rioting is either an acceptable part of protest or it isn’t. If somebody gets away with rape or murder that doesn’t mean we all get to go out and rape or murder then.

Top Bottom
1 2