First on CNN: Five of Trump's impeachment defense attorneys leave team less than two weeks before trial

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
LMFAO. With less than two weeks to go before Trump’s trial, five of his defense attorneys have resigned.

Reason seems to be he won’t follow their advice on defense strategy. He’s still focused on claiming he was robbed.

53EB8352-A090-4852-B2AC-D8819912D7F0.gif

I can’t wait to see Trump acting as his own attorney. 😂

(Posted almost the same time as Alli and moved here from the impeachment thread.)

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
I t=did not know he found anyone to actually do it. I want Crazy Rudi to do it or that other nut job woman. but I guess with a 1.6 billion lawsuit against them both they may be busy.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
Trump assumes he's not going to be convicted. So to him it's a show trial, which means a TV show, and he just wants it to be a continuation of selling The Big Lie, pandering to his radical base via free air time from news outlets.

What lawyer with any principles whatsoever would sign up for that?!

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Trump assumes he's not going to be convicted. So to him it's a show trial, which means a TV show, and he just wants it to be a continuation of selling The Big Lie, pandering to his radical base via free air time from news outlets.

What lawyer with any principles whatsoever would sign up for that?!
I don’t think ”with principles” is one of Trump’s qualifications in his search for lawyers. Speaking of which, maybe these two have some spare time?

1612066062093.jpeg

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
Trump’s actually working against Senate Republicans, who are trying to argue that the whole trial is unconstitutional. He’s acting as if it is.

Not only that, he’s not even presenting a defense against what he’s charged with, which is inciting an insurrection: he’s still stuck on the idea that this is all about proving that Biden didn’t really win the election.

I love it. 😁

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
Well, Trump has hired two new lawyers you’ve never heard of, but word on the street is if these two don’t work out, Trump is down to Oliver Wendell Douglas and Dan Fielding.

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score

thekev

Elite Member
Reaction score
To help put things in perspective, as far as 45 lawyer wise
https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1355997195238051842/

Charles Manson may have listened to his lawyers in spite of this. They don't tend to quit just because their client is a dirt bag, since dirt bags are still entitled to legal defense. My guess would be a combination of requests that would jeopardize their law licenses and possibly PR problems due to association with Trump.

iLunar

Power User
Reaction score
It’s not. It’s about forcing the senate republicans to vote on the issue. They will lose moderate votes for failing to convict.

Agreed, make them vote on the record. That's what they are there for. Enough of only bringing bills/issues to floor that are guaranteed to pass. Let them debate, let's hear the debate, and have our elected representatives on the record without the PR campaign spin.

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
And this time they will have to voice vote so we know exactly who voted to let him go.
Or they could call for a voice vote the Texas legislature way.

"All in favor of a guilty verdict, say aye."
(Fifty people respond "Aye.")

"All in favor of a not guilty verdict, say nay."
(Fifty people respond "Nay.")

"In the opinion of the Chair, a two-thirds majority having been reached, the ayes have it."
(Gavel slam.)

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Or they could call for a voice vote the Texas legislature way.

"All in favor of a guilty verdict, say aye."
(Fifty people respond "Aye.")

"All in favor of a not guilty verdict, say nay."
(Fifty people respond "Nay.")

"In the opinion of the Chair, a two-thirds majority having been reached, the ayes have it."
(Gavel slam.)
They won't be able to do it that way with Charles in charge. Chuck will demand a roll call, and that's exactly what's needed.

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
Well well well. It looks like there may have been more than one reason for 45th President of the United States Donald Trump’s attorneys walking away from the case.

Axios reports that the team split following a blow-up with the "notoriously stingy" onetime reality TV host over legal fees. Trump, who is charged with inciting the deadly Jan. 6 Capitol riot, was "livid" after Bowers told him that the legal effort would cost $3 million, according to the report, even though Trump has raised over $170 million from supporters, ostensibly to fund his post-election legal efforts.

What a cheapskate! 😄

Top Bottom
1 2