General Flu Has Disappeared Worldwide during the COVID Pandemic

U

User.45

I thought masks and social distancing didn't work, how could Republicans lie to us?

In my hospital, our 2020 flu cases dropped to 1%(!) of the annual average.
Nothing tells you more about how nasty COVID is, that the same interventions didn't obliterate the COVID-19 pandemic.

But hey per the bros at MR it's just a "mediocre flu"...

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Year one of the war between COVID-19 and influenza leads to a 99% casualty rate among influenza, while COVID-19 is still going strong. But will COVID-19’s overly aggressive attack lead to its eradication by the humans? If so, will influenza stage a comeback? This war might be almost over... or perhaps it is just beginning....

U

User.45

Year one of the war between COVID-19 and influenza leads to a 99% casualty rate among influenza, while COVID-19 is still going strong. But will COVID-19’s overly aggressive attack lead to its eradication by the humans? If so, will influenza stage a comeback? This war might be almost over... or perhaps it is just beginning....
It's an easy yes for flu. Just because it avoided humans, it has animal vectors that keep flu "alive" for us.
There's a good chance the same will apply to COVID, but that's a much trickier question...

U

User.45

I did notice this personally. Staying home more and masking up when I did go out, I didn’t get so much as a case of the sniffles this winter.
Same here. My daughter used to bring everything home from daycare. Now I got a cold only 3x this winter (all thru my daughter) and except for 1 of these, all were very short and mild.

Top Bottom
1 2