Fn-Delete not working on external keyboard (Logitech K380)

tobefirst

not questioning anything
Reaction score
I have two Logitech K380 keyboards. I love them. They work great, have just the right amount of travel, connect to multiple devices, everything.

Recently, I needed to pick up a third one. This time I went for the Mac-specific version. Supposedly, the only difference is that the modifier keys are labeled for the Mac. (This turned out to not be quite right, as this Mac-specific version won't connect to a Surface Book I have, but that's not my current issue.) Unfortunately, this version of the keyboard also doesn't have the "delete forward" key in the upper right corner like the regular version. And to complicate matters, Fn-Delete doesn't work. On the MBP keyboard, this will "delete forward." On this version of the K380, nothing.

Any idea how I can make this work, with a universal keyboard shortcut override or anything, or should I return it and get the regular version (which doesn't come in white, which is so, so pretty)?

tobefirst

not questioning anything
Reaction score
@theSeb, thanks for the reply. Yes, I'm talking about the del key. Apple makes it confusing by labeling the backspace key on their MBPs (and all keyboards) "delete." On the MBP, when I hit fn-delete, it deletes the character ahead of the cursor. Doing so on this K380 doesn't. The normal K380 has a separate del key in the upper right corner which works, but this Mac-specific version instead has an eject key. So, unless I'm missing something there is no way to "delete forward," by which I mean delete to the right of the cursor.

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
You could try a utility like keyboard maestro. It lets you map keys to forward delete.

Top Bottom
1 2