Ford F-150 no re-sale provision

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Scalping trucks, really?? Nice that they have that problem but it's a shame they have to write that into their contracts, more of a headache for the buyer. After the ease of buying a Tesla I really hope I never have to go and buy through a lot again.

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
Scalping trucks, really?? Nice that they have that problem but it's a shame they have to write that into their contracts, more of a headache for the buyer. After the ease of buying a Tesla I really hope I never have to go and buy through a lot again.
I believe that's been a thing for awhile. I remember reading how John Cena got into trouble for selling his Ford GT.

Actor and professional wrestler John Cena has finally tapped out in his dramatic legal battle with Ford, settling with the company and agreeing to pay an undisclosed amount of money after the automaker sued him for breaching the no-resale contract on his 2017 Ford GT.

Ford famously slipped an anti-flip clause into the buyer agreement for its $450,000 supercar that prohibits owners from selling the car for 24 months. The owners themselves were carefully chosen through an extensive application process, with many of the cars going to celebrities and other high-visibility individuals to help publicize the car and the brand. Cena was one of those deemed worthy, likely thanks to his emergence as a YouTube car reviewer in the past year.

But after just a few weeks of ownership and a single video, Cena sold the GT to New Autos Inc. in Chico, California. That's when Ford slapped him with a lawsuit seeking damages of $75,000 and the right to buy back the car for its original purchase price, plus any profits Cena made on its resale. Cena fought back by filing to have the case dismissed in February, claiming the paperwork he signed at the dealership where he bought the car was missing the resale ban.

First reported by Jalopnik and confirmed by Automotive News, Cena and Ford have now settled the case for an undisclosed amount of money, which Ford will be donating to charity. It doesn't seem that the automaker will get the car back, though.

Cena said in his application to buy a Ford GT that the car would go “to an owner who truly deserved it and would care properly for the car,” according to Automotive News. Then again, he never promised he'd do so for two years.

Yoused

up
Reaction score
knee deep in the road apples of the 4 horsemen
Such a requirement is between a dealer and their customer," a spokesperson said. "It is up to the dealer to decide to use it and to consult with local laws in the state they operate should they choose to do so.

I would hope that the agreement comes with a full service warranty.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
No shit? During the original reveal/deposit I almost put down $100 on an F-150, and more recently almost the same for the Silverado E, you know, assuming I could always just sell it. o_O

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
No shit? During the original reveal/deposit I almost put down $100 on an F-150, and more recently almost the same for the Silverado E, you know, assuming I could always just sell it. o_O

You're s'posed to drive your truck into the ground, man... and it's s'posed to take a real long time.

The New Yorker has a piece up now by John Seabrook, about the Ford Lightning -- pros, cons, comparisons, issues, joys and potential hassles. Good read but maybe meant for a lazy weekend since a long read in The New Yorker is... well, long.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
You're s'posed to drive your truck into the ground, man... and it's s'posed to take a real long time.

The New Yorker has a piece up now by John Seabrook, about the Ford Lightning -- pros, cons, comparisons, issues, joys and potential hassles. Good read but maybe meant for a lazy weekend since a long read in The New Yorker is... well, long.

Read the first few paragraphs, this is good, I saved a PDF copy for reading later on the iPad, thanks!

Top Bottom
1 2