Former President Donald Trump invokes Fifth Amendment rights and declines to answer questions from NY attorney general

fischersd

Meh
Reaction score
I think the actual defendant here is his company, not Trump himself. So, if I am representing the company, perhaps I argue that Trump is insane and therefore his actions should not be held against the company. Or something.
Well, that's a win win - if he gets off on an insanity plea, that definitely makes him ineligible to hold office again. :D

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Holy ****. He was NOT expected to testify against Trump, and a report this morning explicitly said so…. That’s why it’s barely been reported on in the networks, they probably thought he’d plead guilty and get a low sentence without testifying.

I don;t get it. it says he’ll testify against the companies, not against trump. that’s different.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Holy ****. He was NOT expected to testify against Trump, and a report this morning explicitly said so…. That’s why it’s barely been reported on in the networks, they probably thought he’d plead guilty and get a low sentence without testifying.
It led the ABC World News Tonight, looks like they were just waiting for it to happen.

Edd

It’s all in the reflexes
Site Donor
Reaction score
I wonder how retention is going in Trump's company. Things are tough all over on that front so I'd think they're bleeding employees who'd prefer not to have that job on their resume.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Two things.

1. Weisselberg will now have to answer questions when he is called in for questioning in other suits.
2. Typical racist comment from Trump “how can you trust a guy with a name like Weisselberg.”

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
2. Typical racist comment from Trump “how can you trust a guy with a name like Weisselberg.”

Like anyone should trust a guy with a name like trump? "Oh, but he's a businessman!"

Jeeeeeez.

Top Bottom
1 2