Forum titles

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Vaccinated
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
I propose that we ought to come up with some cooler forum titles for users based on post count. The current ones sound a bit boring and plain
You mean user titles?

What, you don't like the thoughtful names I arbitrarily made up over the period of 15 seconds? :LOL:

Here they all are for reference, if you all want to come up with something better I'll consider it but you gotta get other users to back you up (put it to a vote).

Do your worst:

Greenshot 2021-07-08 17.19.41.png

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Vaccinated
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony

Scepticalscribe

Site Master
Vaccinated
Reaction score
I propose that we ought to come up with some cooler forum titles for users based on post count. The current ones sound a bit boring and plain
Around a year ago, well, almost a year ago, when this site was first established, a former member of this site (@yaxomoxay, formerly of this parish) and I had a discussion on this very subject.

His suggestion - a little esoteric perhaps, but I adore history - was that we think about titles found in the bureaucracy and government of Republican Rome (consul, tribune, quaestor, praetor, and so on - I seem to recall that, historically, that list also included the title of dictator, which we did not discuss, but, in the interests of democracy, we can probably forego that one).

However, perhaps something a little more contemporary might be what the membership have in mind.

Last edited:
OP
U

User.191

Given the history of so many users here, I'm surprised no one is going for "troublemaker", "pot-stirrer", "agitator", "troll", etc. Kinda feels like a missed opportunity. 🤷‍♂️
True, but if we are to ever get past the negative relationship with our abusive significant other (although some of us have finally been granted a divorce (and some of us are awaiting our divorce nisi), perhaps its time to think more positively!

(Edit:Typo's abound!)

Last edited by a moderator:

MEJHarrison

Site Champ
Vaccinated
Reaction score
Well, even in the oddball group, I'm the oddball with just 1 warning in 12 years. So I have no problem with positive. Even my blood type is Be Positive! 😁

As for the titles, my serious answer is they could be 1, 2, 3, 4, etc. for all I care. I have no horse in this particular race. I'm quite happy to throw my weight behind whatever the group wants. Or the best bribe.

Top Bottom