Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
It'll be fun watching Fox News blame the increase in storms and heatwaves on lack of prayers.

Will they use a sharpie to predict the path of hurricanes?

1625601486149.png

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
I don’t need an alternative weather channel. Already I can stand outside and what I’m standing in doesn’t match what my Apple Watch is telling me in real-time.

It also actively incriminates itself by displaying what the highest temperature of the day is going to be while also showing the current temperature is already higher than that.

I blame liberal big tech.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
It'll be fun watching Fox News blame the increase in storms and heatwaves on lack of prayers.

They're going to try to find a way to make a fat buck off the nexus of Climate Change and The End Times.

Surely the causal factor there will be revealed to the faithful Fox watcher as.... godless, woke libruls?

And somewhere in there also lies the hand of longtime fans of the complete privatization of the NOAA data that all weather forecasters rely on. There remains still a hangover from the Trump era, from when The Don tried to nominate the former CEO of Accuweather, Barry Myers -- a guy with zero scientific education and a long track record of lobbying to privatize entirely all US weather forecasting-- to head up the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration. Myers actually wanted Congress to write a law that would forbid NOAA from all forecasting operations it now provides to the public. Hurricane warnings included. You could pay to get warned, of course...

The Senate was smart enough to let that nomination sit gathering dust, until Myers finally withdrew it on grounds of his poor health. But the idea of converting NOAA's data into a goldmine for the private sector alone still appeals in certain quarters. Now we know it appeals to Rupert Murdoch. What a surprise.

Top Bottom
1 2