Fox News 25th anniversary

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
The GOP and conservatism existed long before Fox News. Has Fox contributed to making it a better and stronger party?

By all accounts the GOP is shrinking. Has Fox contributed to that shrinkage or has it prevented it from shrinking by even higher numbers?

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
25 years of poisoning America. Hoo fucking ray.

EvilFearlessDassierat-size_restricted.gif

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
Looking at the parade of monsters that have fought for and won the slot of top on air dog over the years, there seems to be a pattern, “the same but worse” which possibly says more about the viewers than corporate decisions. Their main skill is riding the razers edge of what is legally protected to say while I’m sure there is a small army of lawyers working on raising that bar.

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
I saw that Trump lost about 70 million dollars on his DC hotel. I'll get to Fox in a second.

Donald Trump openly grifted while in office. His routine is to find some unspoken rule or rarely-enforced law, and then just go against it anyways. I'm not showing my taxes, I'm not giving up control of my business, I'm not going to put up barriers, etc.

All of this stuff would have drawn bi-partisan outrage. John Edwards was an outcast in his own party and an easy target for republicans. He looks like a saint compared to Trump.

Fox News has somehow convinced roughly half the country this lifelong entitled grifter is somehow a brilliant self-made businessman. The same guy who loses 70 million even when he can openly break and flout laws in the open with support of the highest levels of government, law and public support. Its like being told you can go take anything you want out of the bank with no repercussions, and you somehow leave the bank owning them ten dollars.

Fox News has turned themselves and their viewers into a bunch of cultists, driven by racism and some bizarre view of self-preservation. And they've chosen a guy who stands for nothing they claim to represent (other than being a rich white man). It's like if all the country's liberals started worshipping Ted Cruz. And even as dumb as Cruz is, he's nowhere near Trump-level stupid. So there's not really even anyone you can use as Trump in an analogy. They're all either smarter or not as bad as he is. Fox News has somehow formed an audience that can look at a dolt like Trump and not laugh. That in itself is amazing, but they WORSHIP him. Your NASCAR and Coor's-loving factory-working uncle worships a silver-spoon, NYC-elitist guy who wears makeup and hairspray. That didn't happen overnight. I'm thoroughly convinced Trump would have been universally laughed out of any primary before the country elected a black guy.

There's a thread about MSNBC and Fox.... I know they take equal hits a lot of the time, but one crowd has given rise to Barack Obama and the first female presidential nominee, and one gave rise to Trump, Paul Gosar, Matt Gaetz, etc. I think there's a testament to what each network produces. MSNBC isn't automatically awful because Fox is so bad.

thekev

Elite Member
Reaction score
Fox News has turned themselves and their viewers into a bunch of cultists, driven by racism and some bizarre view of self-preservation. And they've chosen a guy who stands for nothing they claim to represent (other than being a rich white man).

It was the 2020 election that made me lose hope for most of them. Even some of our own resident Republicans would pick up on truly absurd speculations. Whenever the absurdity was pointed out, they would just fall back to things that sounded safer (eg Wayne County voter rolls). Underneath all of it was the implied claim that any ballot in question (where in question means that someone claims irregularity) should be discarded or decided in favor of Trump.

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
The thing with Fox is, they have helped to discredit all the other networks in this "both sides" argument. I'm not saying CNN, NBC, CBS, etc. are all perfect. There's plenty to criticize. But because Fox presents such a warped view of reality, they became popular by being the only network to openly cater to the right-wing, lower and middle class crowds. And so when Fox says "2 plus 2 equals 5", the other networks automatically look "leftist" by simply saying "2 plus 2 equals 4". They shouldn't have to say 2 plus 2 is anything but 4 just to appear "balanced". Everyone doesn't get dumber because the Fox crowd does. In this era, sadly, we no longer have facts and opinions as two different things. We only have opinions. And so Fox attracts its massive audiences because its been the only network to give their audience the "facts" they want to hear. "I can hear 2 plus 2 is 4 on all the other networks. That's their "leftist opinion". I get my "facts" from Fox, and I know 2 plus 2 is 5."

That's what Fox has done to the public's opinion on news. Criticism of the media is nothing new. It's been around as long as printed newspapers. But unfortunately, the stupidity that Fox foists onto its viewers is a pain that all of us are dealing with.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
I saw that Trump lost about 70 million dollars on his DC hotel. I'll get to Fox in a second.

Donald Trump openly grifted while in office. His routine is to find some unspoken rule or rarely-enforced law, and then just go against it anyways. I'm not showing my taxes, I'm not giving up control of my business, I'm not going to put up barriers, etc.

All of this stuff would have drawn bi-partisan outrage. John Edwards was an outcast in his own party and an easy target for republicans. He looks like a saint compared to Trump.

Fox News has somehow convinced roughly half the country this lifelong entitled grifter is somehow a brilliant self-made businessman. The same guy who loses 70 million even when he can openly break and flout laws in the open with support of the highest levels of government, law and public support. Its like being told you can go take anything you want out of the bank with no repercussions, and you somehow leave the bank owning them ten dollars.

Fox News has turned themselves and their viewers into a bunch of cultists, driven by racism and some bizarre view of self-preservation. And they've chosen a guy who stands for nothing they claim to represent (other than being a rich white man). It's like if all the country's liberals started worshipping Ted Cruz. And even as dumb as Cruz is, he's nowhere near Trump-level stupid. So there's not really even anyone you can use as Trump in an analogy. They're all either smarter or not as bad as he is. Fox News has somehow formed an audience that can look at a dolt like Trump and not laugh. That in itself is amazing, but they WORSHIP him. Your NASCAR and Coor's-loving factory-working uncle worships a silver-spoon, NYC-elitist guy who wears makeup and hairspray. That didn't happen overnight. I'm thoroughly convinced Trump would have been universally laughed out of any primary before the country elected a black guy.

There's a thread about MSNBC and Fox.... I know they take equal hits a lot of the time, but one crowd has given rise to Barack Obama and the first female presidential nominee, and one gave rise to Trump, Paul Gosar, Matt Gaetz, etc. I think there's a testament to what each network produces. MSNBC isn't automatically awful because Fox is so bad.

I’d argue that the Republican party has failed their voters so miserably for decades with their trickle down economic lies that Trump actually brought the party back from the brink. It’s sometimes hard to remember that a vote for Trump was also a vote against the Republican establishment, not just the left. The main reason Fox and the likes can’t go back to pre-Trump reporting is because that would be a return to status quo lies that are no longer popular or believed. They can’t even talk about the details of the current bill being obstructed because those details are actually popular on all sides. So all they can do is talk about the total price tag (while not mentioning that it’s over 10 years and half the current military budget that nobody is objecting to) or calling it blanket communism. "But the national debt!" doesn't exactly inspire the feels from the trailer park demographic. I don’t know if that kind of “let’s just ignore the details” would be possible before Trump. Trump woke up a big voter base that doesn’t care about details or facts that contradict their belief. He’s probably reduced Fox News’ research budget by 99.9%. The only reason it’s not completely gone is because they still have to pay people to scour social media for outrage content.

Joe

Elite Member
Reaction score

My mind is blown at people I thought were smart totally brainwashed by this guy.

There were doctors, lawyers, and CEOs getting arrested for storming the Capitol. Like I just can't imagine putting my life and career on the line for a fucking entitled douchebag like Trump.

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score

When your viewers can’t find a crucifix.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony

It's one thing to storm the Capitol and kill cops but you burn their Christmas tree and people are going to get outraged.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score

Is Tucker Carlson's false flag operation here covered by free speech? "Only an idiot would take Tucker's war on Christmas performance art seriously."

Top Bottom
1 2