Free Speech

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
A friendly reminder for Republicans, the language they're attempting to use has never been supported in forums and social media. Just because they're mad about it now doesn't mean it wasn't always in place, it's just that their escalation of anger and hate have reached levels that breaks the rules of most platforms.

For example, Parler bragged about not suppressing your free speech and hate and it turned into a cesspool of hate and vulgarity right out of the gate. Case in point:
ErVoWPkXUAA0wHj.jpg
Another way to look at this is using the MacRumors PRSI methodology, as long as you're not attacking another member you can say it. You can't say "Libtard or Trumptard" but you can say "Were Nazis really so bad? let's discuss" and in return gather with like minded people. IMO, this is just as bad.

There are (or at least were) laws against screaming fire in a theatre but short of that owners have a responsibility to use common sense on what is allowed on their platforms and should be monitored to ensure they're not used in ways that can't be used to recruit or bolster terrorism.

Just my .02

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
A friendly reminder for Republicans, the language they're attempting to use has never been supported in forums and social media. Just because they're mad about it now doesn't mean it wasn't always in place, it's just that their escalation of anger and hate have reached levels that breaks the rules of most platforms.

For example, Parler bragged about not suppressing your free speech and hate and it turned into a cesspool of hate and vulgarity right out of the gate. Case in point:
View attachment 2820
Another way to look at this is using the MacRumors PRSI methodology, as long as you're not attacking another member you can say it. You can't say "Libtard or Trumptard" but you can say "Were Nazis really so bad? let's discuss" and in return gather with like minded people. IMO, this is just as bad.

There are (or at least were) laws against screaming fire in a theatre but short of that owners have a responsibility to use common sense on what is allowed on their platforms and should be monitored to ensure they're not used in ways that can't be used to recruit or bolster terrorism.

Just my .02
They also take the “personal attack” thing to an extreme level. I believe I’m not the only person here to get suspended because something was assumed to be an attack on a forum member even though it was not directed at them personally. They then extended the “personal attack” to banning things like “Trump voters are dummies” or “Biden voters smell like poo” - as a “group slur”?

The mods spend an inordinate amount of time trying to parse whether something that was reported MIGHT be considered an insult if you read between the lines... and all the while are missing the 600-lb gorilla in the room that is demolishing everything.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Texas passed a law that dictated what websites and social media companies could or couldn’t publish.

A judge quickly struck down the law: “Have you guys in Texas ever read the First Amendment? Or do you only care about the 2nd?”

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
I have to admit, I hadn't caught Abbott was practically focusing this so called law, at only larger platforms.

It's fascinating that Abbot would try to slide a law by that even we on the forums have discussed on the forums wouldn't fly because it sought to dictate what companies could do. So all this time, money, and effort was wasted pandering to a rabid chorus that was already singing same tunes as Abbot.

Top Bottom
1 2