Fruit bats

Lostngone

Power User
Reaction score
Not as a pet but I was thinking about putting up a Bat house. Even in Anchorage Alaska I know we have them because I see them from time to time darting around.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
Not as a pet but I was thinking about putting up a Bat house. Even in Anchorage Alaska I know we have them because I see them from time to time darting around.

We have bat houses up at our cabin. They are great for eating problem insects like mosquitos.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score

We put up a bat house, alas, no one has taken residence. Some of my fondest memories are from living in Wyoming and going to the field across from my house (a parade field ringed by trees) and watching the bats at night. I somehow take as much joy watching them as I do watching birds.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
JFC, have you seen the filmed 180˚ goth dancing? Just a moment ...

Mark

Site Champ
Site Donor
Reaction score
OH. MY. GOD.
of course i had no idea about all of this.
and to think that so many of you already knew that bats actually could look like and behave like pet dogs.
totally blows my mind. 🤯

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
OH. MY. GOD.
of course i had no idea about all of this.
and to think that so many of you already knew that bats actually could look like and behave like pet dogs.
totally blows my mind. 🤯
I've always been a bat lover but fruit bats or flying foxes are geographically limited. So if you didn't have an interest before it's not surprising you weren't aware of this adorable badass species. :)

Top Bottom
1 2