Gabby Petito

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Vaccinated
Site Donor
Reaction score
Some feel folks with intel felt more comfortable speaking to Dog than authorities (for various reasons). I could definitely see this being a possibility.

Plus he doesn't have to follow the same rules as the police.

Clix Pix

Focused
Vaccinated
Reaction score
Eight Miles from the Tysons Apple Store, No. VA
UGH!!!! IMHO this "Dog" guy is just trying to profit from the whole Petito/Laundrie situation......he's some kind of "reality" TV character, right? Clearly a goal for him is fame and fortune, no doubt...... I am sure that those who are in official law enforcement positions tasked with the responsibility of finding Brian Laundrie and solving what happened to Gabby Petito are less than thrilled to have this clown butting in.....

The-Real-Deal82

Site Champ
Vaccinated
Reaction score
UGH!!!! IMHO this "Dog" guy is just trying to profit from the whole Petito/Laundrie situation......he's some kind of "reality" TV character, right? Clearly a goal for him is fame and fortune, no doubt...... I am sure that those who are in official law enforcement positions tasked with the responsibility of finding Brian Laundrie and solving what happened to Gabby Petito are less than thrilled to have this clown butting in.....

He’s also recently lost his wife to cancer and it’s been reported in recent months he’s not in the best place mentally.

Reminds me of the time Paul Gascoigne turned up at a stand off between the British police and Raoul Moat with a crate of beer, a cooked chicken and a fishing rod. The gesture might be good but it just causes issues for the authorities.

theSeb

Head Chief Whip
Vaccinated
Reaction score
Regardless of her social status, she's also a human being that was murdered through no fault of her own and that's clearly being downplayed in this thread because she's white and comes from money. It's no different than Fox News blasting the unarmed black victim murdered by cops, in either case it's egregious.
My apologies. I am a bit late to this fascinating thread.

You and I must be reading a different thread. I haven't seen anybody downplaying this incident. What I have seen though is:
* The partner was summarily found to be guilty in the eyes of the social media on page 1 before we had any facts in the case and still lack the full story seemingly purely because he is a male. I have a slight issue with that.
* The usual macabre fascination that media and people have with tragedy and death, not much different from slowing down to look at an incident.
* An interesting discussion about why is this person's death more tragic than the approximately 43 other homicides (2018/2019 US homicide statistics) that day and why is it being carried by the media when there were approximately 44 homicides on each and every day since this story broke cover.

I have mentioned before in another thread that I struggle with empathy, so I guess my views on this topic may seem a bit weird, but I also struggle to understand people's fascination with others' tragedies.

Why is this women's death so tragic to you? Is it more tragic that the 43 other homicides in the US that day? Is it more tragic than the approximately 1100 people that die of malaria every day, many of them children? Who picks what goes where on the tragedy scale? I do not understand why people become so interested in particular stories and ignore the other deaths happening all around the world each day when that particular death does not impact them directly. That may sound harsh, but it's not a family member, or a friend. What is this "hitting home shit" that people like to throw around?

If I was to start worrying about every tragic death in the world, then I would not have much time to spend with the living. I do find the discussions though on why are particular cases singled out and picked up by the media and I am not sure why you were so keen to shut that discussion down claiming that people are "downplaying the tragedy".

Not buying it, or the class struggle aspect you tried to introduce. Her social status has nothing to do with what you perceived as people trying to "downplay the tragedy". But it surely must factor into the wider discussion of why was this particular homicide singled out by the media.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Vaccinated
Site Donor
Reaction score
I read a story about how due to the searches for Gabby, the Wyoming police were able to find the body of another missing hiker, Bob Lowery.

Now here is grasping at straws. Lowery met up with Laundrie and Petito in Wyoming and there was a conflict. Laundrie kills Lowery. Now they have to leave, but Petito wants to report it to the police because it was an "accident". Laundrie doesn't want to and kills Petito to tie up any loose ends.

Like, I said, grasping at straws. :)

SuperMatt

Site Master
Vaccinated
Reaction score

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Vaccinated
Reaction score
With Dog now involved, this whole thing is becoming the next Netflix ( Tiger King ) series waiting to happen.

This is going to be made into a circus.
Every law enforcement agency legitimately working on the case.
1081.gif

Ironically, most law enforcement also watches Fox News. What a predicament.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Vaccinated
Site Donor
Reaction score
I read a story about how due to the searches for Gabby, the Wyoming police were able to find the body of another missing hiker, Bob Lowery.

Now here is grasping at straws. Lowery met up with Laundrie and Petito in Wyoming and there was a conflict. Laundrie kills Lowery. Now they have to leave, but Petito wants to report it to the police because it was an "accident". Laundrie doesn't want to and kills Petito to tie up any loose ends.

Like, I said, grasping at straws. :)
I like it! Could be the plot for an episode of Midsomer Murders.

shadow puppet

Certifiable
Vaccinated
Reaction score
FBI just landed at the Laundrie house. One agent seen carrying in large brown bag.

1633022784573.png

UPDATE:
The FBI were supposedly there to pick-up some of Brian's personal belongings to assist the search dogs. The also checked the camper while at the location.

Last edited:
OP
ouimetnick

ouimetnick

Power User
Vaccinated
Reaction score
I'm glad to see Gabby's parents highlight that there are MANY others that go missing under mysterious circumstances and no one ever hears about them. As has been pointed out here, on the news, etc, plenty of people of color and other minorities don't get the attention that they deserve.

As far as @theSeb 's post goes, the reason I'm more empathetic for Gabby and people in her situation compared to malaria, or cancer, is that your significant other is suppose to have your back. They are suppose to be there for each other. Your spouse isn't suppose to emotionally abuse you, gaslight you, or hurt you. Heck, forget them being a couple, friends are suppose to have each other's back. I would never lay a finger on a girlfriend or friend. I try to be there for my friends in any way I can. One of them is going through some tough stuff right now, and when I heard how distraught her voice was on the phone, I just drove over (after asking/telling her) and we talked for a few hours about it. I've also gone through some stuff myself last year and one of my other friends picked me up and we talked about it.

Killing someone (significant other or friend) is the ultimate betrayal and violation of that trust, and that's why it hits me harder than a random homicide or the 1100 malaria deaths per day.

Top Bottom