Game of Thrones (2011-2019 HBO)

Pumbaa

Verified Warthog
Reaction score
The execution (pun intended) was still super lazy and dumb because they could have saved the Denny going mad line by just switchig the sequence of how Kings Landing is destroyed. If someone is insanely mad they'll either go straight to destroy the object of their rage, or do a power play to torture the person by destroying what they care about. Both the audience and Denny knew how little Cersei cared about the gen pop of KL, she perhaps would have even found some joy in watching them burn. In contrast, if Denny started with the Red Keep and then suddenly started destroying the rest of the city the audience would have had this sense of climax by the obliteration of Cersei followed by the shock of genocide and the subsequent events and ambiguity would have made a lot more sense too.
Nah, people would have complained just as much anyway.

Joe

Elite Member
Reaction score
The last season sucked. The ending sucked. I just pretend that last episode never happened. What a waste to end one of the greatest shows like that.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
S3E3- The Bear and the Maiden Fair

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
S3E9: Rains of Castamere- One of the most shocking episodes of television history where the author gleefully pulls the rug out from under his readers and giggles as their heads bounce off the carpet. :)

Edd

It’s all in the reflexes
Site Donor
Reaction score
S3-4- Ramsey Snow is one sick puppy, speaking of puppies, they show their master proper love in the end.
I’d estimate they went about 30% too far with Ramsay’s bullshit. I hated him plenty without some of the over the top stuff.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Season 5- The High Sparrow It’s interesting that Cersei allowed the Sparrows to rise, she reveled in the Queen Margarie being accused and locked up by the High Sparrow. What I don’t understand is not seeing Tommen gathering up the King’s Guard and slaughtering the Sparrows to get his Margarie back. I understand that there is an argument that he is too insecure in his leadership to rescue his wife without some adult telling him what to do.

What Stanus did to his daughter… :oops:

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
S6 Finale- Ends with a bang on several fronts, well beyond book territory I think.

DBA9A1F2-8DF6-4626-861F-4557ED80094E.jpeg

Last edited:

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
S7E1- Arya lowers the boom on House Frey. Awesome! :D

S7E4- The Spoils of War: A fine, possibly the best example of dragon combat I can remember watching.

AF045326-C155-4F54-8869-128E9CE9DF28.jpeg

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
S8E2 A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms- A very sentimental episode waiting for the Night King at Winterfell, well worth it. :)

Last edited:

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
S8E3 The Long Night- The most elaborate battle of the series, and about 15 minute to long to pound into the viewers head the hopelessness of it all. 😉

S8E5-6 The Bells+ The Iron Throne- Is Daenerys Targaryen mad?
  • She discovers she is not the true heir.
  • Everyone loves John Snow, and nobody in Westeros loves her, not as one of their own.
  • And now that he knows that the Dragon Queen is his aunt, he can no longer sleep with her.
  • Plus Milasandra is dead, and she truly feels alone.
  • Daenerys finally gets smart about dragon deployment, but…
  • The bells toll signaling the surrender of Kings Landing, Daenerys flips and decides to burn them all.
  • … and then decides to tear down most of the big beautiful Red Keep.
The answer: if not mad then epecially, murderously driven to the point of folly. The wealth generation of a city like Kings Landing was too great to throw away.

So clearly at the end she and her dragon ran amuck to rule over a ruin. Up to this point Daenerys Targaryen had alway acted rationally, worried about the downtrodden, and acted a recognizable moral compass until Kings Landing. Was it better to surprise the audience with this flip in personality, or build up to it, giving them a clue in advance?

I’ll give the writers a break, and say they did the best with what they were tasked to do.

I still strenuously object to Bran being chosen King. He had done nothing but become a seer, and had done nothing that would inspire the nobility as having leadership qualities And they send Jon Snow to the Night’s Watch? Lol.
Here’s a question, with the Night King dead, is there still a need for the Night’s watch and a 900’ wall?
I still prefer this ending :):

Last edited:
Top Bottom
1 2