Garden and Yard Talk

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
IMG_6310.jpeg

Thanks to a highly specialized process known as "watering" I was able to produce this double serrano pepper.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
I made what appears to be a birdhouse but is actually the only affordable tiny house on the market when you factor in that you only need to acquire 4 square feet to park it on.

View attachment 15616

View attachment 15617

View attachment 15618

View attachment 15619

View attachment 15620

View attachment 15621

View attachment 15622
That looks nice although they probably don’t preciare the light. :) We have a house similar, but not as nice, intended to be a bird feeder.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
That looks nice although they probably don’t preciare the light. :) We have a house similar, but not as nice, intended to be a bird feeder.

It's more of a decorative piece for sure. I'm not aware of any birds that like more light inside the birdhouse at night than there is outside the birdhouse during the day. ;)

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
IMG_6442.jpeg

I'm pretty sure these are jujube fruit, otherwise known as the chinese date....or that's what the plant ID in the photos app came up with and it came up with the same result at different times of the year. When we moved in it was a leafless scraggly looking tree in the middle of the back yard.

I ate one yesterday and didn't die. It kind of has an applely taste. They max out at about the size of a walnut and towards the end of their ripeness they look like a red prune. They are edible at all stages. From a general description they sound like a pretty versatile recipe ingredient. “Some of the most common ways to eat fresh jujube fruits are raw as a snack, dried, cooked into candies and jams, baked into cakes and pies, stewed into flavorful syrups, roasted with meats and vegetables, in soups and added to sauces.” I look forward to experimenting with them.

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
it finally got warm enough for the flytraps to bloom. they love it hot and want full sun. the earlier the better in spring. we had a rainy spring and first summer and they did not thrive. they have been munching on flies like crazy.
IMG_0400.jpeg

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
And wow, neat food, all sorts of health benefits too!

Never even heard of it before but between the photo ID and house owners being Chinese I'm fairly confident that's what it is.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
OMG, hahaha, that's amazing! Seems like a great opportunity for some photos (and a chance to photo edit a little conductor hat on one ... :D)

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
I framed a white tarp with wood and hung it on our music shed to use as a projector screen surrounded by solar lights. Because it’s a tarp it should survive the year round elements, at least here in NorCal.

FE060E83-285C-4AC1-86E5-05F291641958.jpeg

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
I framed a white tarp with wood and hung it on our music shed to use as a projector screen surrounded by solar lights. Because it’s a tarp it should survive the year round elements, at least here in NorCal.

View attachment 17078

That's super fun, we've done movies on the garage door a few times, mostly around Halloween, but we want to do it one year around Xmas. Don't have a super expensive project or anything, it would just be to make a fire, some hot drinks and be goofballs :D

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
That's super fun, we've done movies on the garage door a few times, mostly around Halloween, but we want to do it one year around Xmas. Don't have a super expensive project or anything, it would just be to make a fire, some hot drinks and be goofballs :D

I’ve had some semi expensive projectors, but now I use a pico projector, less than $200, can fit in my pocket, and can make it through a movie on my iPhone with neither plugged into power. Sure, it’s not super hidef but I don’t care. The easy setup and size of the projection are good enough for me.

Top Bottom
1 2