GAS

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
Gear acquisition syndrome. Throw music software in there as well. Keep in mind what I'm about to share here goes back to starting about 2007, but I recently fired up Logic for the first time in a while and it went through the plugin scan at....wait for it...600+ plugins.

I first started my musical journey in the early 90's, computer sequencing was barely a thing and recording onto a computer didn't exist. You had to buy hardware. Comparatively software costs loose change...which partially explains my above confession.

Who else suffers this?

Goport

Power User
Reaction score
GAS? naaaahhh!! Never been a problem. I know how to control my urges. Hahaha! I wish!! :D

The man cave has no more space for guitars and the computer is built soley for Cubase which I needlessly pay out more for every time there's an incremental update. Then there's a couple of pointy headstock guitars, an old line 6 Variax, another bass and some keyboard controllers stashed in the attic, and I have a Helix LX and a ancient Roland VG88 somewhere.

1662923942098.jpg
1662923942096.jpg
1662923942092.jpg
1662923942089.jpg
1662923942086.jpg

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
GAS? naaaahhh!! Never been a problem. I know how to control my urges. Hahaha! I wish!! :D

The man cave has no more space for guitars and the computer is built soley for Cubase which I needlessly pay out more for every time there's an incremental update. Then there's a couple of pointy headstock guitars, an old line 6 Variax, another bass and some keyboard controllers stashed in the attic, and I have a Helix LX and a ancient Roland VG88 somewhere.

View attachment 18086View attachment 18087View attachment 18088View attachment 18089View attachment 18090

That’s a very respectable collection. :)

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony

View attachment 18086View attachment 18087View attachment 18088View attachment 18089View attachment 18090
What a magnificent collection, wow!

I still just have two guitars, my strat (American Standard) which has a double coil on the bridge so it serves my needs all around, and a Taylor acoustic. Most of my other investments are in amps and stomp boxes.

Goport

Power User
Reaction score
Damn Goport, how wide is that monitor? lol. Love the shortcuts on the keyboard as well, I gotta do something like that
Hi Podgod. haa, both items seemed like a good idea until I finally got them ;) The monitor is 49" diagonally. It looks great but rarely gets used to its fullest. The editor keys keyboard was another "good idea" that reminds me every day that its a pretty crap keyboard at a premium price. The shortcuts are useful though.

Top Bottom
1 2