Gavin Newsom Cuts Loose on the Realities of Climate Change and CA Fires

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Normally, Gavin Newsom is measured in his press conferences, well informed, knows his numbers and avoids talking about all the politics going on around the Coronavirus. However, today he made sharp comments around climate change and how it's directly responsible for the increase of fires over the last several years.

From MercuryNews
Visiting the fire lines in Oroville, where thick smoke hung like tule fog, the governor said that decades of inadequate climate policy — along with the flat-out refusal from some politicians and residents to accept scientific evidence — have pushed California into the mounting tragedy it now faces.

“I’m exhausted that we have to continue to debate this,” Newsom said, in some of his strongest statements ever on the issue. “This is happening. It’s happening in unprecedented ways. Year in, year out. You can exhaust yourself with your ideological B.S. … but the reality here is the mega-fires that we’re experiencing come from these mega-droughts that we’re experiencing.”
newsom_fires.png

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
If it's only happening to CA everybody on the right won't give a shit. Keep in mind we're also talking about people who have been rebuilding in tornado, flood, and hurricane zones for generations and think that is a completely normal part of life and we should stop our whining.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
If it's only happening to CA everybody on the right won't give a shit. Keep in mind we're also talking about people who have been rebuilding in tornado, flood, and hurricane zones for generations and think that is a completely normal part of life and we should stop our whining.
The entire west coast is getting it, never seen anything like it in all my years growing up in Oregon and California. I remember CA droughts and fires when we were children in the 70s but it's like that x10 now, not just once every few years but every single year.

We also never saw temps reaching into the 90s and 100s on the peninsula (bay area) and it also happens every year now. Nobody there has air conditioning because it was never needed, now they suffer every year.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
Californians, count yourself lucky: at least you are not infested with hammerheads blorting out stupid shit.

Read that earlier. Disgusting, but they are egged on by their "I thought of it and therefor it must be true" leader. Post it and it becomes a fact. 20 years from now it will be like the fall of the Soviet Union when we found out they were nowhere near the threat we were lead to believe.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
The entire west coast is getting it, never seen anything like it in all my years growing up in Oregon and California. I remember CA droughts and fires when we were children in the 70s but it's like that x10 now, not just once every few years but every single year.

We also never saw temps reaching into the 90s and 100s on the peninsula (bay area) and it also happens every year now. Nobody there has air conditioning because it was never needed, now they suffer every year.

I feel like we've been having "Indian summer" every year for the past 2 decades. The weather we usually associate with certain times of the year has been way out of wack for quite some time.

Top Bottom
1 2