Gavin Newsom taking more photo ops without a mask where they're required.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Here we go again, he regularly preaches at people for not wearing masks, sometimes with that big brother tone while wagging his finger yet he's running all over the stadium without one on himself. He's my guy but this is bullshit and he deserves to be called out on it.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Here we go again, he regularly preaches at people for not wearing masks, sometimes with that big brother tone while wagging his finger yet he's running all over the stadium without one on himself. He's my guy but this is bullshit and he deserves to be called out on it.

This is definitely an American thing. I watched the women’s final of the Australian Open. When the winner, an Australian, gave her victory speech, they showed the box with her coaches and family. They were all masked. The runner-up was American and when they showed her box, nobody had a mask on. We are such a great country.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
This is definitely an American thing. I watched the women’s final of the Australian Open. When the winner, an Australian, gave her victory speech, they showed the box with her coaches and family. They were all masked. The runner-up was American and when they showed her box, nobody had a mask on. We are such a great country.
You've never seen such entitlement.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score

I wasn't even going to post this because no one ever takes it seriously, or makes excuses for him or even worse tries to make it about me.

So a nice surprise for me this morning. :)

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score

Same with the men's final.

But in all fairness, Australia would probably put you in jail for breaking protocol. ;)

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
I wasn't even going to post this because no one ever takes it seriously, or makes excuses for him or even worse tries to make it about me.

So a nice surprise for me this morning. :)
There's nothing wrong with questioning politicians you support, Republicans should try it sometime, it's refreshing.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
There's nothing wrong with questioning politicians you support, Republicans should try it sometime, it's refreshing.

I actually agree. I wished many a time Trump would take a different tact on some things.

But unfortunately we can't go back and look at the old MR threads around the time of the French Laundry incident. Lot's of people, including some who are over here, made excuse after excuse for him. I think one even found a way to blame it on Trump supporters.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
It's not so much that he did it as it is when he was called out, he lied about how much he did it.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Just once, I'd love to see one of our politicians say "yeah, I messed up. I'm sorry. I'll try to do better next time."

I'm always left so disappointed.
Barack Obama:
"The buck stops with me"

Donald Trump:
"Always blame someone else, even if it's your fault"

This is how far down the shitter we've gone since 2016.

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Hasn’t he followed the news? I do think there should be some wiggle-room given that dems seem to at least try follow the rules where many republicans have held super-spreader events and flouted the rules. But Newsom knows better by now. If he has a single person in his office and poses for a picture, that’s one thing. Out mingling at sporting events and such? Yeah, he should be masked up.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
Hasn’t he followed the news? I do think there should be some wiggle-room given that dems seem to at least try follow the rules where many republicans have held super-spreader events and flouted the rules. But Newsom knows better by now. If he has a single person in his office and poses for a picture, that’s one thing. Out mingling at sporting events and such? Yeah, he should be masked up.

I know you will probably disagree, but in those cases the Republican's didn't make the rules. In this case, it was Newsom's own rule. Want to give Garcetti and Breed some wiggle-room, fine. But not the dude that made the rule. Nope and instead, he should get less wiggle-room.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
I know you will probably disagree, but in those cases the Republican's didn't make the rules. In this case, it was Newsom's own rule. Want to give Garcetti and Breed some wiggle-room, fine. But not the dude that made the rule. Nope and instead, he should get less wiggle-room.
I think what's at issue here is your outrage when a Democrat does it but are completely unwilling to call out Republicans for the same thing. And I'm guessing hypocrisy isn't a road you want to go down with Trump or Republicans.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
I think what's at issue here is your outrage when a Democrat does it but are completely unwilling to call out Republicans for the same thing. And I'm guessing hypocrisy isn't a road you want to go down with Trump or Republicans.

I gave up being outraged at stuff like this.

But again, the Republicans didn't make the mask rules, Newsom did. And then he violated his own order. That is a whole nother level of hypocrisy.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
I gave up being outraged at stuff like this.

But again, the Republicans didn't make the mask rules, Newsom did. And then he violated his own order. That is a whole nother level of hypocrisy.
So you have threads where you've called out a Republican you've disagreed with? I must have missed that but feel free to share with us.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
So you have threads where you've called out a Republican you've disagreed with? I must have missed that but feel free to share with us.

At the very least I have said I wished Trump would get off Twitter and stop picking fights he didn't need to pick.

Also, I disagreed that McConnell didn't give Garland a hearing and vote. He could have simply been voted down at the end. But he deserved a hearing.

Top Bottom
1 2