Gavin Newsom taking more photo ops without a mask where they're required.

U

User.45

I look at it as voting Against Hillary and Against Biden. I did not vote for him in the Primary.

Same as many votes Biden got in 2020 were not for Biden, but Against Trump.
I love it! The more you reveal about yourself, the more you're corroborating our points.

Your presidential voting history of the past 8 years boiled down to Against [Democrat Running] points to the very issue with the present Republican value system of being against whatever the democrats want. Biden was correct about this. Here you gracefully try to demonstrate that you have principles on your own and are willing to accept values held by democrats, or willing to stand up against issues posed by republicans, but at the end of the day you actually won't.

I'll be honest I was slightly disappointed about Biden winning the primary because I wanted a younger more climate conscious candidate, but Biden's campaign agenda really got propped up in this realm (only to be slaughtered by the two blue republicans).

I've skimmed a paper this week investigating pro-climate action voting behavior in relationship to your home's distance from the nearest wildfire that occurred within 2 years of the ballot cast. The study is pre-Trump. So per surveys people support climate action in a bipartisan fashion, but when it comes down to ballots, Democratic majority areas that directly experienced a wildfire are ~6% more likely to support costly climate interventions. There's zero effect in areas where there's a republican majority. The analysis is definitely not flawless, as I see no adjustment in the models for income or education, but since ballots don't weight based on these either, it doesn't matter.

My conclusion is that you can't convince Republican-leaning areas invest in long-term damage control, even if they directly experience the calamity, like with COVID.

1643843018937.png

Joe

Elite Member
Reaction score
Me and my former partner went to SF when we wanted to jump in a car with some transexual adult film stars.

Well, we actually just wanted Thai food, but when in Rome ...

I've had some crazy nights in SF when I was younger. I need another trip lol

Thomas Veil

Suspended
Reaction score
Getting back to Newsom...

Maybe I missed someone commenting on it, but one story said Newsom and the other party only took their masks off long enough to take a photograph, and then put them back on again.

Granted, not a good look when that picture is plastered all over right wing media, but also not the same thing as sitting indoors at a restaurant maskless for an hour or two.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
Getting back to Newsom...

Maybe I missed someone commenting on it, but one story said Newsom and the other party only took their masks off long enough to take a photograph, and then put them back on again.

That is what Newsom said. But the Ram's Fan Cam showed it off multiple times and not just when taking pic or eating.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
As with Newsom, Stacey Abrams needs to understand one thing. Camera's are everywhere.

So when you get busted without a mask while visiting a school and your excuse is you only took it off for the one picture, just know you are going to get busted not only not wearing your mask, but then lying about it. Again, cameras are everywhere.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
So no one wants to discuss all the maskless politicians and celebs at the game Sunday.

Color me surprised.

And yet you wonder why people are no longer paying attention or caring. :unsure:

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
So no one wants to discuss all the maskless politicians and celebs at the game Sunday.

Color me surprised.

And yet you wonder why people are no longer paying attention or caring. :unsure:
What, you want me to start a second thread on it? Maybe I should get a machete are start chasing them down 🤷‍♂️ let me know what would satisfy you here.

BTW in this thread alone I've called out and questioned a person whose politics I fully support, something you and your ilk would NEVER do so maybe get off your high horse or start showing us a different side here.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
What, you want me to start a second thread on it? Maybe I should get a machete are start chasing them down 🤷‍♂️ let me know what would satisfy you here.

BTW in this thread alone I've called out and questioned a person whose politics I fully support, something you and your ilk would NEVER do so maybe get off your high horse or start showing us a different side here.

I will certainly call them out if I think they are wrong. Let me say it right here, I wish Trump had not picked fights on Twitter. It was a mistake and probably cost him the election.

But many of the things you want me to call out politicians for, I agree with what they did. You may not, but I do. So I am not going to call them out for something I agree with.

You bitch because people won't wear masks. Why in the hell should they when their leaders who imposed the mandate won't? But you don't seem to understand that.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
I will certainly call them out if I think they are wrong. Let me say it right here, I wish Trump had not picked fights on Twitter. It was a mistake and probably cost him the election.

But many of the things you want me to call out politicians for, I agree with what they did. You may not, but I do. So I am not going to call them out for something I agree with.

You bitch because people won't wear masks. Why in the hell should they when their leaders who imposed the mandate won't? But you don't seem to understand that.
Remind me of the title of the thread I started here again?

What I also understand is no level of calling out Newsom will satisfy you as you sat idly by as Trump initially denied the virus existed, then caught it and knowingly ran around infecting others without masks and you all just kept defending him. That should piss you off too but you know, blind loyalty and all.

Dude, you don't have a leg to stand here.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
What I also understand is no level of calling out Newsom will satisfy you as you sat idly by as Trump initially denied the virus existed, then caught it and knowingly ran around infecting others without masks and you all just kept defending him. That should piss you off too but you know, blind loyalty and all.

Not sure I ever commented on it, but ..........

Sure he made some mistakes with the virus, but so did a lot of others. But no one wants to discuss them, only Trump.

Top Bottom
1 2