Getting a bit tired of “bad news for Trump” reporting….

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
..that goes nowhere. “This is it! The smoking gun!!” aaaand, nothing. The man has lived in perpetual litigation for decades and yet is still walking free among us. As “a successful businessman” he or his lawyers have probably spent at least 50% of his career in court in one form or another. If there’s a loophole or a way to obstruct the process he’s well aware of it and will use all of them.

It’s quite infuriating to watch somebody with the means drag things out to the point of exhaustion that has absolutely nothing to do with him being guilty or innocent. It’s all procedural bullshit that also shows it could entirely rest on the sympathy of a judge while another judge could see things the complete opposite. How many of us get to run things through the system until we land on a sympathetic judge?

If nothing else, Trump should be the last person on earth whining about a rigged system.

Last edited:

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
Ask yourself if there really was a smoking gun or just the media looking for clicks.

I was being a bit hyperbolic with that statement, but many articles are written as such between the lines.

Equally as infuriating, is when he uses our justice system that is only accessible to people at his level and issues “cleared of all wrongdoing” statements when it did no such thing. His blatant epic use of witness intimidation is off the charts. It’s like everybody who spent more than 2 hours in a room with him needs to be put in the witness protection program by default.

I wonder if judges love or hate these type cases. On one hand they have nothing to do with guilt, innocents, or justice. On the other hand they are probably full of unique unorthodox defenses that really make you test your knowledge. I suppose it probably depends on the judge.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
I was being a bit hyperbolic with that statement, but many articles are written as such between the lines.

Equally as infuriating, is when he uses our justice system that is only accessible to people at his level and issues “cleared of all wrongdoing” statements when it did no such thing. His blatant epic use of witness intimidation is off the charts. It’s like everybody who spent more than 2 hours in a room with him needs to be put in the witness protection program by default.

I wonder if judges love or hate these type cases. On one hand they have nothing to do with guilt, innocents, or justice. On the other hand they are probably full of unique unorthodox defenses that really make you test your knowledge. I suppose it probably depends on the judge.
Like when he claimed the Mueller report exonerated him (and got his AG to say it as well)… While Mueller himself made sure to say that the report did NOT exonerate him.

Fact is, the only true accountability for a criminal president is impeachment and removal by Senate trial. That means he could deal cocaine out of the White House, murder people, basically commit any crime he wants, and if the Senate doesn’t have the nuts to convict him, nothing happens to him. GOP senators didn’t want to lose political points among the Trump faithful, so from 2017-2020, popularity equaled impunity. Even people convicted of crimes were pardoned by Trump if they were loyal to him. It is a bad system if the Senate is complicit.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
Does anybody believe Trump is innocent and all his crimes are fabrications of the media?

Well no, but the assertion that he's just "Trump being Trump" is still out there, even though it glosses over the massive damage to our social fabric that Trump has incited... ever since the Republicans allowed him first to take over their party and then largely to replace policy and platform understandings by a cult of personality.

Aside from some media predicting that Youngkin's Virginia win portends a path forward without Trump (for those pols who can manage to dance between Trump fans and those ready to move on) the Rs who don't like Trump seem to have fallen silent (waiting for a legal shoe with some weight to drop?) or else just gone bonkers.

On the latter point, Chris Christie now seems determined to run against Trump in 2024, which is bizarre since he exited electoral politics with an approval rating in single digits... and yet some people do seem attracted to the idea of his potential run now, just because he exudes a certain level of common sense in the face of all this fantasy being played out by Trump and his minions.

I mean Trump still thinks he can win the 2020 election if he can just get to the right people. This even as the law closes in on his financial misdeeds. Go figure. Meanwhile Christie's effectively saying hey quit looking backwards, Trump lost, he's just another kibitzer and there's no reason to hide in a cave if he insults or threatens you.

But all Christie really has going for him is a thick skin for insult. Last time that guy was really in the public eye was when he was taking flak for lounging on a beach chair during a 17-day shutdown of the Jersey government. Well there's probably a book tour in it for him now, so there's that... wonder if he will end up thinking it was worth taking the verbal shellacking he's likely to collect from not only Trump but the press.

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
I posted something similar earlier. None of this stuff ever ends up hindering Trump. It all amounts to a minor inconvenience for him. He stonewalls everything. Why aren’t white collar crimes charged with the same urgency and seriousness as any other? These rich bastards can cause as much harm to families with their financial crimes as other types of crimes prosecuted with more urgency.

With Trump, his political crimes and flouting of laws has cascaded into so much corruption and danger it makes the head spin, but the same story keeps rehashing itself. Grand juries, charges against employees and associates, but Trump seems to dodge it all. And he’s become such a cult leader I would not be surprised if he skates on future charges for fear of what would happen should we hold a former president accountable.

Congress has no teeth, and if they are allowed to inflict serious repercussions for those who obstruct investigations, lie, commit elections crimes, etc… then it opens the door for republicans to do the same. It’s all a bit tiring.

Last edited:

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Well no, but the assertion that he's just "Trump being Trump" is still out there, even though it glosses over the massive damage to our social fabric that Trump has incited... ever since the Republicans allowed him first to take over their party and then largely to replace policy and platform understandings by a cult of personality.

Aside from some media predicting that Youngkin's Virginia win portends a path forward without Trump (for those pols who can manage to dance between Trump fans and those ready to move on) the Rs who don't like Trump seem to have fallen silent (waiting for a legal shoe with some weight to drop?) or else just gone bonkers.

On the latter point, Chris Christie now seems determined to run against Trump in 2024, which is bizarre since he exited electoral politics with an approval rating in single digits... and yet some people do seem attracted to the idea of his potential run now, just because he exudes a certain level of common sense in the face of all this fantasy being played out by Trump and his minions.

I mean Trump still thinks he can win the 2020 election if he can just get to the right people. This even as the law closes in on his financial misdeeds. Go figure. Meanwhile Christie's effectively saying hey quit looking backwards, Trump lost, he's just another kibitzer and there's no reason to hide in a cave if he insults or threatens you.

But all Christie really has going for him is a thick skin for insult. Last time that guy was really in the public eye was when he was taking flak for lounging on a beach chair during a 17-day shutdown of the Jersey government. Well there's probably a book tour in it for him now, so there's that... wonder if he will end up thinking it was worth taking the verbal shellacking he's likely to collect from not only Trump but the press.
I think Larry Hogan, Republican governor of Maryland, will probably try for President in 2024. He’s a Republican who is popular in a state that usually votes for Democrats.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
I think Larry Hogan, Republican governor of Maryland, will probably try for President in 2024. He’s a Republican who is popular in a state that usually votes for Democrats.

Good... Hogan can ride behind the stalking horse of Chris Christie if Trump is still around looking for enemies by then. Christie and Trump trading slings and arrows while Hogan dials through his massive contacts list on both sides of the aisle in advance of primaries (considering how many Democrats don't want to risk seeing Trump on a general election ballot ever again).

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
Congress has no teeth, and if they are allowed to inflict serious repercussions for those who obstruct investigations, lie, commit elections crimes, etc… then it opens the door for republicans to do the same. It’s all a but tiring.

I find it interesting that a body of government that has no issue sending other people’s kids to their death overseas suddenly becomes political cowards when faced with death threats at home. Also ironic that they are the champions for gun rights and crushing gun control legislation. I'm sure there's nothing we could do to prevent them from getting shot when it happens.

U

User.45

Several interviews also described efforts by the administration to alter or influence the agency's guidance and weekly scientific reports, the Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report, which typically are not shared outside the agency before they're published.

It took "great effort to protect that integrity," Schuchat said in the transcribed excerpt, and "active effort" on the part of CDC officials "to make sure that the attempts were not successful" to alter the reports.

In another interview, Dr. Christine Casey, an editor of CDC's Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report, described an email from Trump appointee and former US Health and Human Services adviser Paul Alexander that she saw as a request to stop a report. She called it "highly unusual and quite concerning for somebody to ask to put an immediate stop on MMWR reports. I don't think in my memory that has ever happened. And, to be accused -- because it is accusatory language -- that MMWR content is designed to harm our commander in chief, the President."
Casey said she was instructed to delete the email and was told the direction came from Redfield.

The transcripts also include a conversation with Dr. Deborah Birx, who served as the White House coronavirus response coordinator, in which she described how the Trump administration pushed for guidance that said people who were not symptomatic did not need to be tested, despite disagreement from health officials. She said it was the intent of Dr. Scott Atlas, a Trump coronavirus adviser, "to change the testing guidance."

Media is losing grip on the Trump gravy train and try to milk the last bits of it. In the meantime let's not forget what a criminal shit show this COVID response was. I will never forget that Trump managed to corrupt the FDA Commissioner to misrepresent convalescent plasma treatment data.

U

User.45

Hogan could win the presidency if GOP primaries didn't exist. Unfortunately, the guy is way too reasonable for the craziness today's GOP is gravitating towards.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
Furthering the irritation, even if some of Trump's enablers end up going to prison for some short period of time, it will have zero effect on their future. In fact it will probably make them a hero to some and even increase their career opportunities. I have no doubt Bannon in particular will see it as giving him more street cred. So what's the deterrent exactly?

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
..that goes nowhere. “This is it! The smoking gun!!” aaaand, nothing. The man has lived in perpetual litigation for decades and yet is still walking free among us. As “a successful businessman” he or his lawyers have probably spent at least 50% of his career in court in one form or another. If there’s a loophole or a way to obstruct the process he’s well aware of it and will use all of them.

It’s quite infuriating to watch somebody with the means drag things out to the point of exhaustion that has absolutely nothing to do with him being guilty or innocent. It’s all procedural bullshit that also shows it could entirely rest on the sympathy of a judge while another judge could see things the complete opposite. How many of us get to run things through the system until we land on a sympathetic judge?

If nothing else, Trump should be the last person on earth whining about a rigged system.
All the bad news means zip until Trump ends up in jail. Until then, he is a serious menace.

Edd

It’s all in the reflexes
Site Donor
Reaction score

Suuuuuure. Whatever.
Yeah, those headlines give me a dopamine rush feeling until reality sets in.

Edit: One of his better photos in that piece.

1637696879291.png

MEJHarrison

Site Champ
Reaction score

Suuuuuure. Whatever.

That's a pretty negative attitude. I absolutely believe the walls are closing in.

I accept that fact that the walls are pretty far out and moving so slowly he can dodge around them.
I'm willing to concede that maybe he's somehow managed to figure out how a door works and can just leave the room when the walls get too close for comfort. The evidence is on his side with that one.
I'm even willing to admit that it will probably be hundreds of years before those walls completely trap him.

But don't try to tell me those walls aren't moving! No sir. I'm not buying it.

Top Bottom
1 2