Getting a bit tired of “bad news for Trump” reporting….

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
I just saw this video… not sure how I missed it. Even if he faces no consequences, I’d love to see him answer questions again. Look at how much it bothers him not being in control, and having all of his lies and hyperbole thrown in his face. Pure gold.

The best is the end, where he tries to call a lawsuit he lost something he did “very well with”. Sounds like a certain election…

Last edited:

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
I just saw this video… not sure how I missed it. Even if he faces no consequences, I’d love to see him answer questions again. Look at how much it bothers him not being in control, and having all of his lies and hyperbole thrown in his face. Pure gold.

The best is the end, where he tries to call a lawsuit he lost something he did “very well with”. Sounds like a certain election…

I love seeing this POS cowed by authority, let’s do us all a huge favor and get him in jail.

ronntaylor

Elite Member
Reaction score
Cy Vance could have nipped this in the bud before he came down that damn escalator in 2015. With less than five weeks left in office, he's punting it off to his successor Al Bragg, the 1st Black DA of Manhattan. Thankfully some of the top prosecutors involved in the case will be staying on and Bragg is keen on stopping Mango

Mr. Bragg, a former federal prosecutor who will be the first Black person to hold the office, campaigned in part on his aggressive record toward Mr. Trump, frequently mentioning the many times he had sued the Trump administration while serving in the state attorney general’s office.

Since winning the Democratic primary in June, Mr. Bragg has been more reserved. A spokesman for Mr. Bragg, Richie Fife, said that he intended to retain the team working on the Trump investigation, including two senior officials overseeing it, Mark F. Pomerantz and Carey Dunne, Mr. Vance’s general counsel who has been deeply involved in the case.

And of course, the NYS AG Tish James is still going after the crimes of Mango et al. I don't think her run for Governor will harm her case there.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score

Because of course he does. I don’t even know why this type shit is even legal. I wonder what Trump’s lifetime to date legal expenses have been. Probably at least equal to the combined decade’s income of a small town of Trump supporters. “He’s a successful business man. He’s spent more on lawsuits then I’ve made in my lifetime of employment.”

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
So now the Trump kids aren't complying with subpoenas. I don't know exactly how this all works but I feel like if a lower class citizen did this they would be sitting in jail within a week and then for the following year waiting for the justice system to get around to their case. But in this case they'll probably just get slapped with a "that's just rude!" memo.

I don't think there is a law on the books that the Trumps don't feel they are above and so far it seems they are correct. They'll probably just get fined for an amount that will still leave them with 95% of their wealth, a real deterrent and warning to others.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
So now the Trump kids aren't complying with subpoenas. I don't know exactly how this all works but I feel like if a lower class citizen did this they would be sitting in jail within a week and then for the following year waiting for the justice system to get around to their case. But in this case they'll probably just get slapped with a "that's just rude!" memo.

I don't think there is a law on the books that the Trumps don't feel they are above and so far it seems they are correct. They'll probably just get fined for an amount that will still leave them with 95% of their wealth, a real deterrent and warning to others.
When Republicans were in charge of Congress, they subpoenaed Hillary and she came and testified. Why shouldn’t Trump’s kids be held to the same laws?

This is rank hypocrisy. Hold them all in contempt, and if they still refuse, lock them up. If Clinton had to do it, they have to as well.

Last edited:

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
Ask yourself if there really was a smoking gun or just the media looking for clicks.

Well the smoking guns have been out on the table since before the guy became President, it's not like Trump ever hid what he was about. But yes the media are always looking for clicks.

I think the impending "first anniversary" of the Jan 6th insurrection should not be treated like some evil parallel of the Fourth of July or receive annual commemoration as if it ranked up with events of September 11, 2001.​
The Capitol incursion of January 6, 2021 deserves to land in the history books as a one-off event and a disgustingly unconstitutional finale to an anti-constitutional and often equally disgusting presidency.​
As far as other "bad news for Trump" goes, the more the merrier in my book, but I too resent the drumbeat of "maybe this time..." when over and over again it's media outlets all pegging a whole new story on a same old still pending case, and what's new is just some motion by a prosecutor or defense attorney.​
Enough already. They should run more comic strips if they can't find enough actual news. They're not all actually looking for news all the time though. You're right that they're all looking for clicks. Too bad Trump still fetches so many.​

But at least some good news does pop up now and then. I"m a fan of this Washingon Post piece about how the online pro-Trump groups have been squabbling for more than a year now over dwindling sources of funding. It's music to my ears.

Since Jan.6, the pro-Trump Internet has descended into infighting over money and followers

The far-right firebrands and conspiracy theorists of the pro-Trump Internet have a new enemy: each other...

After months of failing to disprove the reality of Trump’s 2020 presidential election loss, some of the Internet’s most popular right-wing provocateurs are grappling with the pressures of restless audiences, saturated markets, ongoing investigations and millions of dollars in legal bills.

The result is a chaotic melodrama, playing out via secretly recorded phone calls, personal attacks in podcasts, and a seemingly endless stream of posts on Twitter, Gab and Telegram calling their rivals Satanists, communists, pedophiles or “pay-triots” — money-grubbing grifters exploiting the cause.

The infighting reflects the diminishing financial rewards for the merchants of right-wing disinformation, whose battles center not on policy or doctrine but on the treasures of online fame: viewer donations and subscriptions; paid appearances at rallies and conferences; and crowds of followers to buy their books and merchandise.

A celebrity-centered culture like that of the USA was bound to elevate a guy like Trump to cult status. But celebrities are a dime a hundred thousand clicks on social media. Trump without the trappings of the White House starts to look more and more like a guy trying to sell fake leather jackets at 2am on TV over the air.

It's one of the reasons I think the GOP should have taken a different tack (and tone) in the RNC winter meetings. They signed up to remain in thrall to a guy whose usefulness to the movers and shakers of DC was over a long time ago, and whose appeal to the masses on social media right now is fractured by people trying to make a buck off him. When the WaPo cuts a piece about Trump that's more about the bickering of his moneygrubbing supporters than about Trump as a relevant politician, the guy is closer to fadeout than he and his followers both may realize.

"Follow the money" always fits in somewhere, doesn't it.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
Well the smoking guns have been out on the table since before the guy became President, it's not like Trump ever hid what he was about. But yes the media are always looking for clicks.

I think the impending "first anniversary" of the Jan 6th insurrection should not be treated like some evil parallel of the Fourth of July or receive annual commemoration as if it ranked up with events of September 11, 2001.​
The Capitol incursion of January 6, 2021 deserves to land in the history books as a one-off event and a disgustingly unconstitutional finale to an anti-constitutional and often equally disgusting presidency.​
As far as other "bad news for Trump" goes, the more the merrier in my book, but I too resent the drumbeat of "maybe this time..." when over and over again it's media outlets all pegging a whole new story on a same old still pending case, and what's new is just some motion by a prosecutor or defense attorney.​
Enough already. They should run more comic strips if they can't find enough actual news. They're not all actually looking for news all the time though. You're right that they're all looking for clicks. Too bad Trump still fetches so many.​

But at least some good news does pop up now and then. I"m a fan of this Washingon Post piece about how the online pro-Trump groups have been squabbling for more than a year now over dwindling sources of funding. It's music to my ears.

Since Jan.6, the pro-Trump Internet has descended into infighting over money and followers

A celebrity-centered culture like that of the USA was bound to elevate a guy like Trump to cult status. But celebrities are a dime a hundred thousand clicks on social media. Trump without the trappings of the White House starts to look more and more like a guy trying to sell fake leather jackets at 2am on TV over the air.

It's one of the reasons I think the GOP should have taken a different tack (and tone) in the RNC winter meetings. They signed up to remain in thrall to a guy whose usefulness to the movers and shakers of DC was over a long time ago, and whose appeal to the masses on social media right now is fractured by people trying to make a buck off him. When the WaPo cuts a piece about Trump that's more about the bickering of his moneygrubbing supporters than about Trump as a relevant politician, the guy is closer to fadeout than he and his followers both may realize.

"Follow the money" always fits in somewhere, doesn't it.

Who wants to live in a world where you can't make a living being an online grifter?

Me.

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score

the thing is they cant just delay this its not the government. I hope it gets ugly those people think they are so above the law I hope they finally take them all the way and drag them through the mud.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score
When Republicans were in charge of Congress, they subpoenaed Hillary and she came and testified. Why should Trump’s kids be held to the same laws?

This is rank hypocrisy. Hold them all in contempt, and if they still refuse, lock them up. If Clinton had to do it, they have to as well.

Does the name Eric Holder ring a bell?

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Do you think 17 Republicans will vote along with the Democrats to hold any of the Trump kids in contempt?

I assume your example is meant to show that I am correct. Nobody is above the law, and Congress can hold anybody in contempt for refusing to comply with a subpoena.

And are you equating the “fast and furious” scandal to the Capitol insurrection?

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
Recently heard a theory on why Trump will run in 2024 for sure. Presidents are immune from criminal prosecution while in office. However, if the justice department and prosecutors don’t get their shit together before then there’s no reason to believe they ever will.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score

More hot air from the hyperbolic wishful thinkers. It’s been over a year and it doesn’t sound to me like we’re anywhere close to what will only likely be a multivolume transcript you can read when you have trouble falling asleep. And that will be banned on the first day of Trump’s second term.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score

You can't have it both ways, fear that the people will see it as an unequal justice system (didn't need Trump to prove that) and "not worth the effort".

For every rabid Trump supporter there's somebody not caring or letting him get away with it. Trump wins on both accounts.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score

You can't have it both ways, fear that the people will see it as an unequal justice system (didn't need Trump to prove that) and "not worth the effort".

For every rabid Trump supporter there's somebody not caring or letting him get away with it. Trump wins on both accounts.
My understanding is the the two lawyers who had worked hardest on this case, said felonies had been commited and quit in frustration after the replacement District Attorney decided he was not interested in prosecuting the POS. Why not? I can only imagine what does someone have on the new District Attorney? :unsure:

It appears that the rich and powerful are never held accountable in the USA. Trump should be in jail for treason yet he continues to walk, rave, bend over and blow his shit all over the stupid which they seem to love, and whisper loudly to his co-conspirators which much of it the country hears, and then pulls outlandish stunts like suing Hillary Clinton, what a maroon he is.

And as I’ve said repeatedly when poison like this can be embraced by 30% of the country, not laughed at by everyone, we are in deep shit as a nation. o_O

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
My understanding is the the two lawyers who had worked hardest on this case, said felonies had been commited and quit in frustration after the replacement District Attorney decided he was not interested in prosecuting the POS. Why not? I can only imagine what does someone have on the new District Attorney? :unsure:

It appears that the rich and powerful are never held accountable in the USA. Trump should be in jail for treason yet he continues to walk, rave, bend over and blow his shit all over the stupid which they seem to love, and whisper loudly to his co-conspirators which much of it the country hears, and then pulls outlandish stunts like suin Hillary Clinton, what a maroon he is.

And as I’ve said repeatedly when poison like this can be embraced by 30% of the country, not laughed at by everyone, we are in deep shit as a nation. o_O

I've read that some think it's about reluctance to bring a case they're not sure they can win, i.e. the PR value goes negative big time if you bring a case against a high profile defendant and then lose it because the jury doesn't buy the evidence.

Of course one danger in that sort of thing (and I'm not suggesting that is what's happening here) is that over time the public begins to sense that the very kind of crime that is not being prosecuted either doesn't matter all that much or is maybe pretty easy to get away with for even ordinary people,

It there is reluctance to bring a case just because of thinking that any potential jury pool might be too prejudiced one way or the other (at least a theoretical possibility in the case of Trump), then they should bring the case anyway and let all the evidence be brought forward. At least the general public then sees the case was treated seriously and the prosecution wasn't bought off or otherwise compromised, even if the jury ends up deadlocked. This preserves a sense of the importance of rule of law --and the gravity of particular laws-- no matter the guilt or innocence of a particular defendant.

But the problem is that a DA's office is seen as an important political post. So.... where there's politics, there's bound to be consideration of the impact of charging decisions, eventual verdicts and so forth. It's a pretty thorny issue, not least because no DA wants to admit that his considerations include weighing whether he might lose his job depending on this or that decision.

ronntaylor

Elite Member
Reaction score

The previous Manhattan DA Cy Vance allowed Mango and his brood of criminals to escape justice. Had he done his job Hillary Clinton may have been president and we would have never suffered with that baboon in the Oval Office. Bragg's handling of the criminal case is very, very troubling for me. He is supposed to be a progressive prosecutor. One would think he would ensure justice it served and not allow allegedly wealthy criminals to get away with obvious crimes. I sure hope AG James gets a strong case against these thieves. She's done a fantastic job with respect to the NRA. I would love Mango to finally face justice, even if it's not in a criminal case.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
The previous Manhattan DA Cy Vance allowed Mango and his brood of criminals to escape justice. Had he done his job Hillary Clinton may have been president and we would have never suffered with that baboon in the Oval Office. Bragg's handling of the criminal case is very, very troubling for me. He is supposed to be a progressive prosecutor. One would think he would ensure justice it served and not allow allegedly wealthy criminals to get away with obvious crimes. I sure hope AG James gets a strong case against these thieves. She's done a fantastic job with respect to the NRA. I would love Mango to finally face justice, even if it's not in a criminal case.
Cyrus Vance also had rock solid evidence of Harvey Weinstein’s misdeeds and refused to prosecute. He is highly corrupt, IMO.

Top Bottom
1 2