Ghost Pipe

Gutwrench

Site Champ
Reaction score
I found several groups in the woods at my cabin. Anyone have any experience with it?

I picked some and making a tincture. If you don’t hear from me in a few weeks, RIP.

965609FD-83B9-4BC8-82B2-42BE1B8FC362.jpeg

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Okay, I had to google both the plant and the word tincture lol, interesting hobby for sure!

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
I dunno if I'd want to drink anything made from something named after ghosts.

Especially one with a lot of other aliases, one of which is "convulsion root" -- even if it supposedly means it will ward off convulsions or bring someone out of one.

Imma stick to Pop Tarts and such like chemicals my body actually understands.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
This reminds me of the moss garden I was recently growing, locally harvested moss with appropriate substrate and spring tails in a plastic Target toat. Water once a week or so. I totally forgot about about the care for about 2 months. When I took the lid off there was white mold on most of the moss and these fluorescent orange mushrooms. In an ignorant "toxic!" panic I dumped the whole thing in the dumpster. I wish I had done some more research, or at least taken pictures. they might have been the cure to cancer. 😐

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
This reminds me of the moss garden I was recently growing, locally harvested moss with appropriate substrate and spring tails in a plastic Target toat. Water once a week or so. I totally forgot about about the care for about 2 months. When I took the lid off there was white mold on most of the moss and these fluorescent orange mushrooms. In an ignorant "toxic!" panic I dumped the whole thing in the dumpster. I wish I had done some more research, or at least taken pictures. they might have been the cure to cancer. 😐

Since the passing of my two old cats a couple years ago I have realized I could actually entertain thoughts of maintaining a few houseplants again without concern for either the health of the kitties or that of the plants.

So one morning not long ago while preparing some guacamole, I flashed back to days as a kid growing nice glossy-leaved avocado plants from the pits. Fished a bunch of toothpicks out of a box and started two "freebie" houseplants by parking the toothpick-suspended seeds with their bottoms just into the water in a couple glass jars.

And where to put them during germination? Well I stuck them into the comforting darkness of a base cupboard, where I keep stuff like casserole dishes.

But it's still summertime... so I forgot all about them until actually needing something from that baking-dish cupboard last week. The poor shriveled avocado pits with their toothpick braces looked like satellite payloads atop abandoned launch sites.

I need to make better use of my Reminders app next time. I only think about that app when I'm making a grocery list and I guess it's pretty obvious I haven't bought more avocados lately.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
Since the passing of my two old cats a couple years ago I have realized I could actually entertain thoughts of maintaining a few houseplants again without concern for either the health of the kitties or that of the plants.

So one morning not long ago while preparing some guacamole, I flashed back to days as a kid growing nice glossy-leaved avocado plants from the pits. Fished a bunch of toothpicks out of a box and started two "freebie" houseplants by parking the toothpick-suspended seeds with their bottoms just into the water in a couple glass jars.

And where to put them during germination? Well I stuck them into the comforting darkness of a base cupboard, where I keep stuff like casserole dishes.

But it's still summertime... so I forgot all about them until actually needing something from that baking-dish cupboard last week. The poor shriveled avocado pits with their toothpick braces looked like satellite payloads atop abandoned launch sites.

I need to make better use of my Reminders app next time. I only think about that app when I'm making a grocery list and I guess it's pretty obvious I haven't bought more avocados lately.

I use the hell out of my reminders app. Beyond in the moment stuff I have over 40 repeating reminders, some daily, some every Saturday or Sunday, every month, monthly bill due dates, etc. watering plants is one of those reminders. Also movie release dates is a good one, especially since so many are going straight to VOD now.

Top Bottom
1 2