Google loses to Sonos at ITC

Edd

It’s all in the reflexes
Site Donor
Reaction score
I’ve nothing to add except I love my Sonos speakers. I was just thinking recently how glitch-free they’ve been in the 18 months or so I’ve had them.

Herdfan

Resident Redneck
Reaction score

This is one I can’t really talk about. Happy to discuss general issues of how these cases in the ITC work, though.

Just wondering how long until a 3rd party creates an app that "fixes" the issue. You might have to side load it, but someone will find a work around.

As for love of Sonos, I have the OG system of 5 Amps and a Play 3. All used to be connected by the "Bridge". It was a PITA. It seemed they took a page from XBox in that you had to update something every single time you wanted to use it.

But when they came out with the upgraded system, I had to remove the Bridge and plug them directly into the network. It has been rock solid since. And I only access them from my Spotify app, so the "update every time you open it" Sonos app hasn't been used in a long time.

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Just wondering how long until a 3rd party creates an app that "fixes" the issue. You might have to side load it, but someone will find a work around.

As for love of Sonos, I have the OG system of 5 Amps and a Play 3. All used to be connected by the "Bridge". It was a PITA. It seemed they took a page from XBox in that you had to update something every single time you wanted to use it.

But when they came out with the upgraded system, I had to remove the Bridge and plug them directly into the network. It has been rock solid since. And I only access them from my Spotify app, so the "update every time you open it" Sonos app hasn't been used in a long time.

I have several sonos that i currently use for nothing other than airplay. I used to try and use the app, but every time i wanted to use it i had to update something. I didn't pay for them, so I didn't spend a lot of effort trying to figure out if there was some other way to make them less annoying.

AG_PhamD

Elite Member
Reaction score
I have several sonos that i currently use for nothing other than airplay. I used to try and use the app, but every time i wanted to use it i had to update something. I didn't pay for them, so I didn't spend a lot of effort trying to figure out if there was some other way to make them less annoying.

Same. I don’t use my Sonos that frequently but I often have problems with it disconnecting from my network or requiring updates that don’t take the first time. Sometimes I wish they just had a BlueTooth option.

That said, Sonos has great sound quality.

I wonder how much market share google actually has in the music arena. Seems like Spotify and Apple have the bulk of it. Amazon might even have a bigger market share than google.

I would be annoyed though if I used google for music. Vaporware does describe many of Google’s products though.

Top Bottom
1 2