Google search results showing up in ads in other apps

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
I'll never get over how creepy this is, yesterday I searched for Downton Abbey and 5 minutes later I'm hit with ads about it on Instagram, I get targeting and selling your data is big business but it also feels personally invasive. I turned off personalized ads in hopes that it will stop doing this but will have to see if it's enough. If not I'll just use Google in incognito mode going forward.

Yoused

up
Reaction score
knee deep in the road apples of the 4 horsemen
The problem with big-g is that if someone posts a link to a search, the hits I see are likely to be different from what the poster saw in their search, due to that company's relentless snoop-tailoring, but if you post a link to a D-D-G search, it will be the same set of hits for anyone who follows the link (at least, today – in a week or two, the content of the internets may change enough to change the search page).

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
The problem with big-g is that if someone posts a link to a search, the hits I see are likely to be different from what the poster saw in their search, due to that company's relentless snoop-tailoring, but if you post a link to a D-D-G search, it will be the same set of hits for anyone who follows the link (at least, today – in a week or two, the content of the internets may change enough to change the search page).
I'll keep it in mind but I can already see that the results aren't as detailed as Google or Bing. For example I can't even find this site, even if I type in .com in it, at least Google does with both, so I doubt I'll be using it.

Top Bottom
1 2