GOP Rep. Devin Nunes resigns from Congress to become CEO of Trump’s media company

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
IMO this is a win, he'll do less damage outside of Government. Trump will screw him and he'll lose everything, America wins.

Rep. Devin Nunes, R-Calif., will resign from Congress to become chief executive of former President Donald Trump’s fledgling social media company next month, the group said Monday.

Nunes, the top Republican on the House Intelligence Committee, will start as CEO of Trump Media & Technology Group, or TMTG, in January, the firm said in a press release.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score

Cmaier

Site Master
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
I like it because a guy who sues everyone for libel is the perfect CEO for a ”media company” that will do nothing other than libel everyone. I’m sure plaintiffs’ lawyers won’t use his prior court pleadings against him at all.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
Imagine. This guy Nunes was slated to head up or be ranking member of the Ways and Means committee. Whole country dodged a bullet there. Of course if the House is taken back by the Rs, the array of wannabes for Nunes' slot is not thrilling.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
I like how the right tries to advertise California as an extreme liberal dystopia while completely ignoring that somehow Nunes and McCarthy got elected to Congress, not exactly low profile Republican members. I guess CA antifa and metoo members must have been up in Portland for a symposium when they should have been back home intimidating voters.

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Speaks more about the current state of our politics than it does shitbag Nunes, his stupid master Trump, or this new con they're operating.

Being a member of congress and sitting on the House Ways and Means committee is nothing these days, he can be a lot more powerful and make more money operating a disinformation white nationalist platform under his fat, stupid cult leader. Really speaks a ton to how seriously they take their job. Of course, these folks will all the same, regurgitated nonsense... "I got in politics to help people". "I got into politics to make a difference".

Even Trump didn't really give a shit about the presidency. Not in the abstract. Like a child throwing a tantrum in a store for a toy. They don't really want the plastic piece of junk, they want to bend their parents to their will. And Trump, and Nunes, and all these other cult members just keep giving Trump his toy, the recognition and power he craves. The ability to piss all over the rule of law, decency and norms.

There's something maddening about watching someone who deserves nothing get everything, someone who's stupid have the approval of millions of people to walk around honestly believing they are smart.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Good story about this. It appears to be a non-company and the entire venture looks like a way to bilk investors and give Trump a big payday.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
Speaks more about the current state of our politics than it does shitbag Nunes, his stupid master Trump, or this new con they're operating.

Being a member of congress and sitting on the House Ways and Means committee is nothing these days, he can be a lot more powerful and make more money operating a disinformation white nationalist platform under his fat, stupid cult leader. Really speaks a ton to how seriously they take their job. Of course, these folks will all the same, regurgitated nonsense... "I got in politics to help people". "I got into politics to make a difference".

Even Trump didn't really give a shit about the presidency. Not in the abstract. Like a child throwing a tantrum in a store for a toy. They don't really want the plastic piece of junk, they want to bend their parents to their will. And Trump, and Nunes, and all these other cult members just keep giving Trump his toy, the recognition and power he craves. The ability to piss all over the rule of law, decency and norms.

There's something maddening about watching someone who deserves nothing get everything, someone who's stupid have the approval of millions of people to walk around honestly believing they are smart.

But it is kind of interesting watching the blatant fast-tracked version of people using political office as little more than a stepping stone to something more financially lucrative, and if there is something positive to say about it, its that Trump forces them to display themselves as the immoral whores that they are to get there.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Good story about this. It appears to be a non-company and the entire venture looks like a way to bilk investors and give Trump a big payday.

IOW, status quo for Trump.

As for Nunes, how dumb can one man be? Good thing his cow will follow him to the new job.

Top Bottom
1 2