GOP Senate Candidate Herschel Walker Floats A Jaw-Dropping Air Pollution Theory

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
the crazy that supports trump.

Problem-plagued U.S. Senate candidate Herschel Walker has presented an astounding argument for not enacting laws against air pollution: America’s “good air” will simply “decide” to go to China, he told supporters in Georgia.
A viral video clip of the speech by the Republican — who has been endorsed by Donald Trump — during a campaign stop in Hall County, Georgia, on Saturday, is making the rounds on Twitter and has triggering a tsunami of criticism. (Even Fox News conceded Walker’s mangled perspective “drew criticism.”)
https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1546476045112676352/

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score

Herschel Walker Says People Worried About High Insulin Costs Should Just 'Eat Right'​

Herschel Walker, the GOP nominee for a U.S. Senate seat in Georgia, said people who are worried about the high cost of insulin should “eat right” in his only debate against Sen. Raphael Warnock (D-Ga.) on Friday.
During an exchange about the economy and the high cost of living, Warnock touted his work passing legislation lowering prescription drug prices, including a $35 cap on monthly insulin costs. He noted that Walker had opposed the law, which is called the Inflation Reduction Act.

Edd

It’s all in the reflexes
Site Donor
Reaction score
1665848877740.png

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
I'm not one to bust on people who are a little slow and I don't want to go there with Herschel, he seems like a nice enough guy but he's clearly a dupe for the Republican party. Putting aside his baggage, I don't think he fully understands the issues and seems confused a lot.

Roller

Elite Member
Reaction score
I'm not one to bust on people who are a little slow and I don't want to go there with Herschel, he seems like a nice enough guy but he's clearly a dupe for the Republican party. Putting aside his baggage, I don't think he fully understands the issues and seems confused a lot.
I can't separate Walker from his baggage, which includes credible accusations of domestic violence/abuse, not to mention multiple instances of lying that would put Pinocchio to shame, or his paying for abortions despite his opposition to them for others. Walker is there for only two reasons: He'll do exactly as he's told, no more, no less, and he was a popular football player. He brings nothing meaningful to the table and is probably one of the least fit-to-serve Senate candidates in history.

I was disappointed by last night's debate. Aside from the horrible moderation, Warnock missed multiple opportunities to show he's the better candidate. He should have raised his hand when asked about a federal minimum wage, but instead offered a roundabout response. He could have demonstrated that Walker knows nothing about healthcare and Medicaid expansion, but didn't. When Walker repeatedly called attention to Warnock's voting record — I lost count — Warnock should have said voting for good legislation is the right thing no matter who drafted it and gone on to ask Walker if he would have voted for the Inflation Reduction Act or other popular bills Republicans didn't support. On abortion, he could have noted how lifesaving care is being withheld from women because of strict anti-abortion laws. Oh, and Warnock didn't answer several questions, making him look like just another politician. I don't understand why the moderators didn't point that out forcefully.

I can't tell if Warnock was just under-prepared and over-confident or he's simply not a good debater. I've heard him give moving speeches on the Senate floor, but like his sermons, those were prepared in advance. Despite his performance, though, that this remains a close race speaks volumes about the state of our politics.

mac_in_tosh

Site Champ
Reaction score
The GOP saw how celebrity Trump won the presidency so they figured they could repeat that in other elections. In Pennsylvania they put up Dr. Oz who's nothing but a con artist (also a similarity to Trump) who pushed particular supplements to his trusting audience only because he was paid to do so by the manufacturers. He doesn't even live in PA. In Georgia they have Herschel Walker of football claim. He is so unqualified that hearing him speak is cringeworthy. Can you imagine him as a U.S. Senator, voting on legislation that affects millions of people? As far as knowledge of how the government works, he makes Trump look like a Constitutional scholar.

Top Bottom
1 2