GOP Sponsor Of Ohio's Anti-CRT Bill Bungles Basic Facts About The Holocaust

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
only the finest making laws.
“What we do not want is for someone to come in and say, ‘Well, obviously the German government was right in saying that the Aryan race is superior to all other races, and therefore that they were acting rightly when they murdered hundreds of thousands of people for having a different color of skin,’” Fowler Arthur told the interviewer, Morgan Trau, in a four-minute clip, appearing to argue against teaching the Holocaust from the perspective of its perpetrators.
“We believe that is anti-American and that it goes against everything America stands for,” she said.
However, Fowler Arthur gets basic facts about the Holocaust wrong. More than 6 million Jews were murdered by Germany and its allies during World War II. Moreover, the issue wasn’t their “color of skin” — the Nazis justified the Holocaust by casting Jews as their own biological race with distinguishable characteristics that went beyond skin color.

The Ohio lawmaker then added a confusing caveat to her argument: “You should talk about these atrocities that have happened in history, but you also do have an obligation to point out the value that each individual brings to the table,” she said.

Roller

Elite Member
Reaction score
only the finest making laws.
“What we do not want is for someone to come in and say, ‘Well, obviously the German government was right in saying that the Aryan race is superior to all other races, and therefore that they were acting rightly when they murdered hundreds of thousands of people for having a different color of skin,’” Fowler Arthur told the interviewer, Morgan Trau, in a four-minute clip, appearing to argue against teaching the Holocaust from the perspective of its perpetrators.
“We believe that is anti-American and that it goes against everything America stands for,” she said.
However, Fowler Arthur gets basic facts about the Holocaust wrong. More than 6 million Jews were murdered by Germany and its allies during World War II. Moreover, the issue wasn’t their “color of skin” — the Nazis justified the Holocaust by casting Jews as their own biological race with distinguishable characteristics that went beyond skin color.

The Ohio lawmaker then added a confusing caveat to her argument: “You should talk about these atrocities that have happened in history, but you also do have an obligation to point out the value that each individual brings to the table,” she said.

She was home-schooled and never attended college. Looks like her parents did a stellar job teaching history. If I had my way, she'd be required to go through the Holocaust Museum in Washington and then leave public life.

AG_PhamD

Elite Member
Reaction score
Hmmm, I wasn’t aware as an Ashkenazi Jew I had a different skin color than other people of European heritage. This is news to me.

To be fair, the Nazis did ostracize, sterilize, concentrate, and murder black people because of their skin color, but it was not a systematic program like with the Jews. The number of victims isn’t known, but it certainly wasn’t hundreds of thousands. The majority of African-Germans actually survived the Nazi reign.

Top Bottom
1 2