Ron DeSantis: What in the ever loving fuck is wrong with him?

rdrr

Elite Member
Reaction score

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Does anyone think Crist can beat DeSantis? He’s a former governor, I expect turnout to be high with the overturning of Roe v. Wade. DeSantis has ok approval numbers - about 50%, which isn’t bad in today’s political climate. Will his national popularity among conservatives really matter in Florida?

It seems democrats are gaining momentum. Just because he’s an heir apparent cult leader in the making with a raucous following doesn’t necessarily mean the loudest supporters of his outnumber potential democrats and swing voters, or independents who may not like his never ending clown show.

Last edited:

ronntaylor

Elite Member
Reaction score
Does anyone think Crist can beat DeSantis? He’s a former governor, I expect turnout to be high with the overturning of Roe b. Wade. DeSantis has ok approval numbers - about 50%, which isn’t bad in today’s political climate. Will his national popularity among conservatives really matter in Florida?

It seems democrats are gaining momentum. Just because he’s an heir apparent cult leader in the making with a raucous following doesn’t necessarily mean the loudest supporters of his outnumber potential democrats and swing voters, or independents who may not like his never ending clown show.
Crist doesn't have a chance in hell. He's a former Republican. He hasn't fared well in elections since switching sides. And the elephant in the room is that many believe he's gay (just like Gilliam four years ago). The knives will be out and the spotlight will be on Crist and any missteps he takes.

I think the only way to beat DeeA-hole is focusing on his bullying and his presumed run for the White House immediately after the General. Even then...

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
Does anyone think Crist can beat DeSantis? He’s a former governor, I expect turnout to be high with the overturning of Roe b. Wade. DeSantis has ok approval numbers - about 50%, which isn’t bad in today’s political climate. Will his national popularity among conservatives really matter in Florida?

Well Crist might have something of a shot. There are some indicators from yesterday's elections in NY and in Florida too that suggest weariness of the extreme right and some backhaul to center. Whether enough indies will go for Crist in Florida in November is anyone's guess right now.

All this posturing about book banning and what you can and can't teach in Florida schools is about to get live demos with real students and all their real parents. The media will be looking out for viral-worthy anecdotal results of insane or draconian laws passed by Florida's GOP state legislators, who were just looking for votes when they passed hard-right boilerplate bills without thought as to impact.

It's early days in the ramping up of the fall campaigns yet... and every week is potentially a new ballgame in most election years. Meanwhile the orange one continues to rack up points for stupid and illegal.

The illegal might not bother his fans, but now some of his stupid overlaps, and starts to sound like they could end up sending donations to him in prison. Not everyone is all that much of a fan, ya think? Especially if he does skate, but a fan (or kin or a friend) has gone to jail for Trump over the 1/6 incursion.

Those trials, pleas and sentences go on, and meanwhile this golden guy on their pedestal buffs his nails and fakeTweets lies and ships emails asking for more dough? Might be gettin' old soon. Winter's coming. Fuel costs more. Food costs more. Trump sez yeah that's on Joe Biden and I need your help so I can rise again and fix everything, just keep the faith and how 'bout another Benjamin on yer plastic... ??

Crist doesn't have a chance in hell. He's a former Republican. He hasn't fared well in elections since switching sides. And the elephant in the room is that many believe he's gay (just like Gilliam four years ago). The knives will be out and the spotlight will be on Crist and any missteps he takes.

I think the only way to beat DeeA-hole is focusing on his bullying and his presumed run for the White House immediately after the General. Even then...

Yeah ok i got my rose colored specs on today, I'll cop to that. 🤩 Still, game ain't over til iit's over.

I mean it's nice that the state party chair of the GOP in New York felt so badly about the prospect of pro-Trump wacko racist Carl Paladino being on the November ballot for a House seat that he actually stepped in to run in a Republican primary against him.... and won.

Now NY ain't Florida, but anyway that NY GOP chair should get a Medal of Freedom award from Joe Biden, even if I hope the Dem wins that seat in November...

lizkat

Reaction score
True. Crist will need to not make any mistakes and jump on any by DeeSatan. Still a tall order.

My optimism re Florida actually extends to hoping that Val Demings can make Marco Rubio a former US Senator in November. That race will suck up a whole pile of dollars and voter interest. Maybe Demings will have coattails for Crist to grab hold of.

ronntaylor

Elite Member
Reaction score
My optimism re Florida actually extends to hoping that Val Demings can make Marco Rubio a former US Senator in November. That race will suck up a whole pile of dollars and voter interest. Maybe Demings will have coattails for Crist to grab hold of.
I think she can beat him. And hadn't really thought about her possible coattails helping other Dems. If Crist can piggyback off of her and there can be unified efforts, anything is possible. I simply want Dems to not suffer self-inflicted wounds like in Virginia last year.

And don't play nice, without being nasty at the same time.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
We voted in the primaries yesterday, and plan on any upcoming, so there's at least 2 votes for Val :)

Er, or I guess 4 depending on how you count it.

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony

I have to agree here, of course you never know but DeSantis is hugely popular there and Crist has a lot of baggage. We'll have to see.

lizkat

Reaction score
I have to agree here, of course you never know but DeSantis is hugely popular there and Crist has a lot of baggage. We'll have to see.

Heh, I just ran into this so I'll leave it here while I ponder the likelihood. Anything possible in Florida.

LOL he might even do this.jpg

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
Right? It's hard to predict the outcome of something, when the participants are informed by cult-like worship and infantile behavior.

rdrr

Elite Member
Reaction score
DeSantis treatment of Humans as a political prop. I rarely wish the worst type of karma on people (potentially having it boomerang back), but this guy... I really am at a loss for this latest political stunt with his stupid smirk on his face.

Citysnaps

Elite Member
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
DeSantis treatment of Humans as a political prop. I rarely wish the worst type of karma on people (potentially having it boomerang back), but this guy... I really am at a loss for this latest political stunt with his stupid smirk on his face.
Pretty horrible. Especially lying to those who were flown away and with children involved. And then dumping them on the side of a road at the destination with nothing.

Supposedly the DOJ is looking into this.

lizkat

Reaction score

I've seen some remarks on Twitter to effect of how could what DeSantis arranged possibly have cost twelve million bucks, and where did the rest of the money go... interesting question. Maybe some judge has an outstanding college loan and every little penny counts?

Who knows what these guys are doing with all the money sloshing around in politics these days. I'm not meaning to imply that it's just a GOP thing. It's a bipartisan game, judging from recollection of assorted news reports about people who have managed to get caught playing.

Trump has more than normalized corruption from the get-go of his administration --some of his cabinet picks had to leave behind it, but not the corruption-savvy Trump!-- and corruption starts at the top, trickles down until finally hits bottom and starts climbing up through all of society, thus showing up in things like some college kid trying to grease the clerk of a village justice of the peace over a ticket he got for tossing fast food litter on the sidewalk.

Mind you the same college kid may have joined in to help pull fast food trash out of county road ditches in the spring cleanup "Give Back to the Village" day... and that trash likely got tossed out of a pickup truck on the way out of the village and without any consequence. Life is not fair, is it.

But I'd like to hope that DeSantis gets his just desserts, whether over accounting for finances or just breaking laws about the purposeful and yet purpose-questionable transport of undocumented people across state lines. I'm glad if DoJ is having a look at what has happened.

rdrr

Elite Member
Reaction score
I've seen some remarks on Twitter to effect of how could what DeSantis arranged possibly have cost twelve million bucks, and where did the rest of the money go... interesting question. Maybe some judge has an outstanding college loan and every little penny counts?

Who knows what these guys are doing with all the money sloshing around in politics these days. I'm not meaning to imply that it's just a GOP thing. It's a bipartisan game, judging from recollection of assorted news reports about people who have managed to get caught playing.

Trump has more than normalized corruption from the get-go of his administration --some of his cabinet picks had to leave behind it, but not the corruption-savvy Trump!-- and corruption starts at the top, trickles down until finally hits bottom and starts climbing up through all of society, thus showing up in things like some college kid trying to grease the clerk of a village justice of the peace over a ticket he got for tossing fast food litter on the sidewalk.

Mind you the same college kid may have joined in to help pull fast food trash out of county road ditches in the spring cleanup "Give Back to the Village" day... and that trash likely got tossed out of a pickup truck on the way out of the village and without any consequence. Life is not fair, is it.

But I'd like to hope that DeSantis gets his just desserts, whether over accounting for finances or just breaking laws about the purposeful and yet purpose-questionable transport of undocumented people across state lines. I'm glad if DoJ is having a look at what has happened.
There are tweets with unsubstantiated references that the 12 million spent to fly the 50 folks up to MV was money from the pandemic relief rolled over through creative accounting. However much I hope that there is evidence to back up that claim, my fear is that nothing will come of it.

Wishing TFG gets some sort of embarrassing terminal disease seems a little harsh (for the disease), but I cannot tell you how much he has tweaked my ire today.

lizkat

Reaction score
I would just like TFG for once to be shown as subject to rule of law for more than "just" ripping off a charity or messing with his taxes in some possibly too-clever way.

No one else in this country gets to slide on a heist of sensitive documents or leaving sensitive stuff lying around a fricken country club that is open to "select" members of a wealthy (or stealthy) subset of the political class and their hangers-on from... wherever...

Yeah yeah people gonna say whaddabbouder emails. To that I say well they had like 11 f'g hearings​
and she answered all the questions 11 times without breaking a sweat or taking the 5th, so... in a court of law that would turn up as failure to make the case.​
Anyway it was not a comparable situation, nor even particularly unusual for an SoS. Whatever HRC did with her emails was done by every other SoS too because of how the prescribed measures don't always work so great when posting to governmnet servers from locations like Bosnia or Libya or some village in Haiti. One could have asked Powell or Kerry or Kissinger or any other former SoS and found out how they managed to keep up with mail handling and still actually do their f'g jobs. Answer: any ol' which way worked at the time. But that would have been too annoying for GOP inquisitors, and anyone who volunteered that info would have been stifled for sure or called a partisan or a traitor.​

We live in interesting times: a former president gets to play games in court with his past and/or current improper possssion of secret or restricted-distribution documents-- simply because judges and the DoJ still show respect to laws and norms of due process-- but the current president meanwhile gets to follow usual WH rules on handling of sensitive information, even as the Republican party still seeks to claim that the Rs are the party of law and order and Dems are "soft on crime".

Dems are soft on crime because they follow the rule of law? Because they honor due process?

Republicans are the party of law'n'order because... uh...

Time's up!

Wishing TFG gets some sort of embarrassing terminal disease seems a little harsh (for the disease), but I cannot tell you how much he has tweaked my ire today.

Can you tell from some of my language today that I too am about fed up with this dolt of an ex prez. I'm even more fed up with his amoral and blinkered party.

Why on earth don't a few of them step out for a drink with a couple other R congress critters and quietly reach out to a few more and a few more.... and then go stand on the steps of the Capitol just before time for the evening news and renounce that mofo together.

Top Bottom
1 2