Governor Gavin Newsom announces California will make its own insulin

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
While DeSantis has gone full antivax, Newsom is making the world a better place. For all of his pitfalls the guy is a fighter and that's something the Democratic party sorely needs.

SACRAMENTO, Calif. (KION-TV)-- Governor Gavin Newsom announced Thursday a plan to allocate $100 million in state funding to have the state make its own insulin.

"Nothing epitomizes market failure more than the cost of insulin," said Newsom. "Many Americans experience out-of-pocket costs anywhere from $300 to $500 per month for this life-saving drug."

Half of the funding will go towards developing low-cost insulin products, and the other $50 million will be spent on a Califronia-based insulin manufacturing facility.

This is in hopes of creating new, high-paying jobs and a more robust supply chain in California.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
I'm ashamed to admit as a CA resident that mostly what I have known from most of his governing is the state of things around me....not all good. But I've liked what he has done in reaction to hyper divisiveness both in the state and in the national spotlight. He seems to be aware that he needs to deliver.

Before this I remember SF being a good fun and diverse place to hang out while he was mayor before it got gentrified to shit shortly after he left office, or maybe started before he left office.

One things for sure, If it came down to a contest between his hair and Trump's hair Trump would get crushed....as would most Republican hair.

Top Bottom
1 2