GSA says to start the transition

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
A bit from a Five Thirty Eight piece today, with a nod to The Atlantic, on a couple of Biden's early cabinet picks:

The Atlantic’s Graeme Wood captured the ethos of Biden’s selections nicely, referring to {Anthony] Blinken [Secretary of State nominee] and Jake Sullivan, who has been designated to be national security adviser, as “boring picks who, if you shook them awake and appointed them in the middle of the night at any time in the last decade, could have reported to their new jobs and started work competently by dawn.

Man oh man, bring it. Surely like a lot of other folks all around the world, I am so ready for exactly that, after four years of waking up every single morning wondering what fresh hell from Trump and his crew awaited my discovery after a cuppa java...

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
A bit from a Five Thirty Eight piece today, with a nod to The Atlantic, on a couple of Biden's early cabinet picks:

Man oh man, bring it. Surely like a lot of other folks all around the world, I am so ready for exactly that, after four years of waking up every single morning wondering what fresh hell from Trump and his crew awaited my discovery after a cuppa java...

Who knew that an occasionally lapsed leftie like myself could - or would - rest content with an administration that is "boring", competent, experienced, qualified, but informed also by decency and an ethical awareness.

Last edited:

hulugu

Site Champ
Reaction score
Murphy’s claims that she made decisions independently, without Trump’s input, are almost certainly false. She’s one to watch when Biden steps in. Can he replace her?

He can. Unlike previous administrations in which keeping some people in their roles is considered useful, expect every political appointee in the Trump administration to get heaved.

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
He can. Unlike previous administrations in which keeping some people in their roles is considered useful, expect every political appointee in the Trump administration to get heaved.

It is not as though - ideology apart - they can be said to have distinguished themselves on the grounds of competence, mastery of their material, and a welcome absence of corruption.

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
It is not as though - ideology apart - they can be said to have distinguished themselves on the grounds of competence, mastery of their material, and a welcome absence of corruption.
Unfortunately for those hired by 45, there's a stench attached to them, and assumption they must be of a set mind that deifies 45 in some way.

If it's me, if you came in during ( not before/not after ) the 45 administration, you HAVE to go.

It maybe unfair, but I remember when 45 was shedding dependable career people, the line the 45ettes like to recite "He can do that" or "serves at the pleasure". There's a been a lot of unfair going around.

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score
Unfortunately for those hired by 45, there's a stench attached to them, and assumption they must be of a set mind that deifies 45 in some way.

If it's me, if you came in during ( not before/not after ) the 45 administration, you HAVE to go.

It maybe unfair, but I remember when 45 was shedding dependable career people, the line the 45ettes like to recite "He can do that" or "serves at the pleasure". There's a been a lot of unfair going around.

Oh, yes, agreed absolutely.

Years ago, I recall remarking to my brother that having served in 45's administration was not something one would (or should) wish to have on one's CV (resumé), as it would hardly serve as a recommendation for recruitment for employment elsewhere.

Last edited:

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Oh, yes, agreed absolutely.

Years ago, I recall remarking to my brother that having served in 45's administration was not something one would (or should) wish to have on one's CV (resumé), as it would hardly serve as a recommendation for recruitment for employment elsewhere.
If you served in the Trump administration, change your name, lose 30 pounds, get plastic surgery so nobody can recognize you if you ever want to work again.

iMi

Site Champ
Site Donor
Reaction score
You know we live in some seriously fucked up times when the morning's headline "breaking news" is that the President of the United States said he'll "leave office if Electoral College votes for Biden." Like he had a fucking choice. What is wrong with people in this country?

U

User.45

You know we live in some seriously fucked up times when the morning's headline "breaking news" is that the President of the United States said he'll "leave office if Electoral College votes for Biden." Like he had a fucking choice. What is wrong with people in this country?
He's hoping to hack the electoral college. I've watched Donald and Lara Trump bitch about "no way Biden could beat me so hard", and I felt a sudden itch to change their diapers. Democrats were called all sorts of names for feeling suspicious about the election results, and I thought about being fair and tolerating this. Then I remembered that we heard Trump publicly requesting Russian interference, that was proven to actually take place by independent intelligence reports (Mueller's and the Senate's), yet the reasoning of the GOP are, "nooooo wayyy, Biden couldn't pull 12 people in; Trump filled stadiums, you can't take that energy away". Apparently they are even too lazy to put together a better conspiracy theory if their lives depended on it.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
He's hoping to hack the electoral college. I've watched Donald and Lara Trump bitch about "no way Biden could beat me so hard", and I felt a sudden itch to change their diapers. Democrats were called all sorts of names for feeling suspicious about the election results, and I thought about being fair and tolerating this. Then I remembered that we heard Trump publicly requesting Russian interference, that was proven to actually take place by independent intelligence reports (Mueller's and the Senate's), yet the reasoning of the GOP are, "nooooo wayyy, Biden couldn't pull 12 people in; Trump filled stadiums, you can't take that energy away". Apparently they are even too lazy to put together a better conspiracy theory if their lives depended on it.
I watched an interview of a Trump-loving woman who said pretty much exactly that. Because Trump attracts idiots who will gather in huge crowds in the middle of a deadly pandemic, he somehow is more popular than Biden. They aren’t strong when it comes to logic and reasoning.

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
this kind of sumps it up.
128565637_5116429248397506_2210352139830438439_n.jpg

Citizenzen

Power User
Reaction score

It’s about time!
Here is what I question regarding the letter of ascertainment sent by Emily Murphy to Joe Biden.

In that letter, she said both that the GSA should not use the challenges being put up against the results as a reason to withhold ascertainment, at the same time that she said she was granting ascertainment based on the status of those challenges.

That sounds like speaking out of both sides of one’s mouth, and I would appreciate if some intrepid journalist followed up with Ms. Murphy on the contradictory nature in that statement.

hulugu

Site Champ
Reaction score
Here is what I question regarding the letter of ascertainment sent by Emily Murphy to Joe Biden.

In that letter, she said both that the GSA should not use the challenges being put up against the results as a reason to withhold ascertainment, at the same time that she said she was granting ascertainment based on the status of those challenges.

That sounds like speaking out of both sides of one’s mouth, and I would appreciate if some intrepid journalist followed up with Ms. Murphy on the contradictory nature in that statement.

I'd like to see her emails. I bet there's some serious questions that could be answered there.

Top Bottom
1 2