Guns are still America’s religion

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
There weren’t enough guns on the scene.

We are in deep s**t if a bunch of cowboys can’t take a deranged, solo individual.

I’m not without empathy for the difficult situation it was, but I didn’t take the job either. I respect those who do, but they need to be effective. This is more than a drop of the ball, this was a never ending (considering the circumstances) exercise in ineptitude and failures.

What is Ted Cruz doing to make sure school kids aren’t being massacred in his state, given his staunch Christian conservative principles? I googled to see if any quote or anything came up. All I’m finding are his statements from 2022, and news about him doing nothing since.

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
I have empathy for parents who try to do the right thing. Humans and life are complex. I don't know enough about the case or the mother to say "she deserves it", but I caught enough of the facts (and I listened to some of her testimony over the past few days), and yeah... there's definitely blame and I don't fault the jury.

Parents need to fear more than bad publicity if their kid grabs one of their guns and kills someone. No winners, but its a good step in the right direction for responsible gun ownership.

rdrr

Elite Member
Reaction score
I have empathy for parents who try to do the right thing. Humans and life are complex. I don't know enough about the case or the mother to say "she deserves it", but I caught enough of the facts (and I listened to some of her testimony over the past few days), and yeah... there's definitely blame and I don't fault the jury.

Parents need to fear more than bad publicity if their kid grabs one of their guns and kills someone. No winners, but its a good step in the right direction for responsible gun ownership.

This is the moment on the stand that sank Jennifer Crumbley's defense.

She acknowledged that she could have taken him home on the day of the shooting, but also didn't believe he was capable of committing such violence. More than two years after the shooting, she told the jury she "wouldn't have" done anything differently.

Really? Nothing?

fooferdoggie

Elite Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
Let's just shoot someone cause he is a nigger knocking on my door.
A door-to-door salesman was shot at by a homeowner in Fort Worth.

The man, who asked not to be identified, is not injured thanks to a tablet that stopped the bullet.

“I’m just shook up,” said the salesman.

In his ten years doing door-to-door sales for Reliant, he said he’s never had a day like Thursday and has the proof.

“That's where the bullet would've came out,” he said as he pointed to the bulge in the back of his work tablet.

He says he was going door-to-door in an East Fort Worth neighborhood on Thursday morning around 11:30 a.m. asking homeowners about their electric bills. He knocked on this door in the 3100 block of Purington Avenue and said he was met by a man with a gun.

“He just came out and just straight pointed the barrel at me and then shot me and told me to get away from here n****. I'm lucky it didn't hit me it hit the tablet,” he recalled, adding he usually wears the tablet by his side.

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
I would hope even racists can restrain themselves from useless violence if for nothing else not wanting to inconvenience their own life? WTF.

Maybe if we dropped race from all crime discussion and started vilifying criminals (and that includes bad cops), the stigma and sentencing would be equally applied and then these people would fall in line or more quickly expose themselves and be dealt with.

Top Bottom
1 2