Guns are still America’s religion

Joe

Elite Member
Reaction score

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
It was her ex boyfriend. They arrested him.

I understand there are crimes of passion with related overkill, but shooting somebody 22 times is rare in an isolated building much less out on the street. I don't even know how that is physically possible. Did he use one of those firearms that we shouldn't ban and yet is capable of shooting somebody 22 times without anybody noticing?

Joe

Elite Member
Reaction score
I understand there are crimes of passion with related overkill, but shooting somebody 22 times is rare in an isolated building much less out on the street. I don't even know how that is physically possible. Did he use one of those firearms that we shouldn't ban and yet is capable of shooting somebody 22 times without anybody noticing?

You have to have a lot of rage to shoot someone 22 times. I don't know all the details, but I did see a tweet they arrested the ex boyfriend.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
You have to have a lot of rage to shoot someone 22 times. I don't know all the details, but I did see a tweet they arrested the ex boyfriend.

What gun can you shoot somebody 22 times without anybody noticing it and what is the justification for owning it?

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
JFC, this fucker should do 20 years minimum:

https://www.twitter.com/i/web/status/1482541499619360768/

From Jalopnik:

Seriously, what the hell could that guy possibly be thinking? He punches the Sportage’s door, then whips out his gun and lets loose into a sea of people and cars. Did he just stop after that tenth shot and think “Well, that settles that! Job well done, Bri-dawg!”

It’s incredible that nobody was hurt, considering how many people were in all those cars in the direction he was miserably flinging his rage-bullets. Some cars were damaged, though.

Despite his car and license plate being quite visible from the videos, it took Chintharsy’s sister convincing him to turn himself in to get him arrested. He’s currently jailed, on Assault and Battery with a deadly weapon charges.

What a jackass. This guy shouldn’t have a gun, or a car, or maybe even access to a stapler.

Top Comment (bold one of my constant harping points):

I’m a gun owner, and I use it for target shooting and I sometimes take it into the mountains for large animal protection if I’m alone (I also carry bear spray as a first line of defense). I’m also a very even keeled person, not prone to emotional outbursts. But even I know that carrying a weapon daily only makes this kind of thing more likely. You get into heated situations and you start reaching for things that make you feel safe and in control and powerful. You don’t think about any other solution but your most powerful one. It’s a TERRIBLE idea for most people to be armed in most situations because we suck as dispassionately assessing the situation for actual threats. It’s not a manliness thing or anything like it, it’s just pure monkey brain. Fight or Flight response and it’s a helluva thing to combat without training and experience. Even then its iffy.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
From the Tusla PD FB page:

SHOOTING/ASSAULT ARREST

On 1/13/22, officers were called out to a shots fired call near the intersection of 11th and Sheridan. Callers reported a man got out of a car, started arguing with the driver of another vehicle, then started shooting as the car sped off.

When officers arrived, those involved in the shooting incident were gone. No one was injured in this incident, but officers found multiple shell casings and a white Buick SUV with multiple bullet holes. There were two people inside the Buick when it was hit.

Cell phone video of the incident was posted on social media over the weekend and shared many times with us.

The suspected shooter in the video has since been identified as Brian Chintharsy.

After the incident at 11th and Sheridan, we believe Chintharsy was also potentially involved in another crime where multiple shots were fired at a house. Fortunately, no one was injured in that case.

On 1/16/22, Brian Chintharsy came to the Tulsa County Jail and said he wanted to turn himself in for the actions he did on 1/13/2022.

Chintharsy is now in jail booked for:

- Assault & Battery with a Deadly Weapon x 2
- Shooting With Intent to Kill x 2
- Shooting Into an Occupied Dwelling

His bond is set at $325,000.

The investigation into this incident is ongoing. Anyone with information is asked to call Tulsa Crime Stoppers at 918-596-COPS. You can remain anonymous when calling.

Yoused

up
Reaction score
knee deep in the road apples of the 4 horsemen
I’m also a very even keeled person, not prone to emotional outbursts.
This is why I do not own firearms. I tend to be pretty laid back, but my annoyance builds gradually to the point that my boiling point is a thing that needs to be treated with due caution. If I had a gun, I might have some dead neighbors. I like to think it would not come to that, but not having a gun is a fine way to not find out.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
From the Tusla PD FB page:

Cell phone video of the incident was posted on social media over the weekend and shared many times with us.

So did the video get sent directly to the police or did they just post it on social media and call it a day?

Sometimes I question the motivation of people shooting video of situations, like they're more interested in "check out this crazy shit I saw!" social media attention.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
So did the video get sent directly to the police or did they just post it on social media and call it a day?

Sometimes I question the motivation of people shooting video of situations, like they're more interested in "check out this crazy shit I saw!" social media attention.

It was posted to social media as a solution to share the video directly with the police. You have to keep in mind, most people don't know how to directly upload a video, or can't, or there's no way to do so directly through the official PD website, or they don't know how to post it to a private resource and link that to some kind of web based report.

I get the point and the whole "social media is bad" perspective (and maybe that's a good topic for a whole separate thread), but at least in this case, using social media provided both a mechanism to communicate directly with law enforcement and a general public channel to maybe provide additional information / issue warnings, about the perpetrator.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
It was posted to social media as a solution to share the video directly with the police. You have to keep in mind, most people don't know how to directly upload a video, or can't, or there's no way to do so directly through the official PD website, or they don't know how to post it to a private resource and link that to some kind of web based report.

I understand using that method. My concern was they uploaded the video but didn't contact the police about it. The part I quoted made it sound like it was only brought to their attention by social media viewers and not the person who shot the video.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
And then there's the provenance of guns used to shoot police officers in NYC in two recent cases.

The provenance of the gun the police say was used to shoot two officers on Friday reflects what Mayor Eric Adams and others have called an urgent problem: the flow of illegal firearms up the so-called Iron Pipeline from the South to New York and other northern cities.

The weapon, which officials said was a Glock 45 pistol with a high-capacity magazine that could hold up to 40 additional rounds, was reported stolen in Baltimore in 2017.

It was the second gun this week to be used to shoot a New York City officer after traveling south to north. On Tuesday night, the police said, a 16-year-old shot an officer in the leg during a confrontation in the Bronx, using a handgun that had been stolen in South Carolina in 2020.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score

ronntaylor

Elite Member
Reaction score
And then there's the provenance of guns used to shoot police officers in NYC in two recent cases.
That's likely BS. If enough energy and resources were put into tracking the owners, I'm sure that there would be a ton of guns from a relatively small amount of owners that wind up in crime scenes.

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
That's likely BS. If enough energy and resources were put into tracking the owners, I'm sure that there would be a ton of guns from a relatively small amount of owners that wind up in crime scenes.

The umbrella problem is that all the states can have different laws. Texas for instance doesn't even require reporting lost or stolen weapons. Some states have quotas on how many guns one person can buy in a month, supposedly to constrain reselling by straw purchasers, etc. But in states where the quota is generous, then the resales may occur elsewhere and without benefit of background checks, in some other state with stricter laws.

And then there is attitudinal law enforcement: we already know that there can be a level of disdain for recording incidents that would prevent someone from being able to purchase a gun in future, e.g. domestic violence conviction. So even when there are good laws, resistance to enforcement of them can be a residual issue.

Top Bottom
1 2