Guns are still Americaā€™s religion

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony

TL;DR

Music festival canceled because they are unable to ban guns at the event. Freedom!!
Their freedom to carry guns outweighs their freedom to attend public events without risk of some loon-bag spraying them with assault weapons. Victims of their own device, fuck 'em.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
Their freedom to carry guns outweighs their freedom to attend public events without risk of some loon-bag spraying them with assault weapons. Victims of their own device, fuck 'em.

Just found the lineup for the backup festival

11:45: Pledge of Allegiance

Noon: Lynyrd Skynyrd

1 PM: Kid Rock

2 PM: Ted Nugent

3 PM: David Duke Tribute speaker

4 PM: Lynyrd Skynyrd featuring Kid Rock

5 PM: Ted Nugent featuring Lynyrd Skynyrd

6 PM: Kid Rock featuring Ted Nugent

7 PM: Clint Eastwood and the Empty Chairs

8 PM: The Village People featuring Lynyrd Skynyrd, Kid Rock, and Ted Nugent

10 PM: National Anthem and 8,000 Gun Salute

10:15 PM: ambulances arrive

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Just found the lineup for the backup festival

11:45: Pledge of Allegiance

Noon: Lynyrd Skynyrd

1 PM: Kid Rock

2 PM: Ted Nugent

3 PM: David Duke Tribute speaker

4 PM: Lynyrd Skynyrd featuring Kid Rock

5 PM: Ted Nugent featuring Lynyrd Skynyrd

6 PM: Kid Rock featuring Ted Nugent

7 PM: Clint Eastwood and the Empty Chairs

8 PM: The Village People featuring Lynyrd Skynyrd, Kid Rock, and Ted Nugent

10 PM: National Anthem and 8,000 Gun Salute

10:15 PM: ambulances arrive
Don't forget Scott Baio (Chahi) I know he's not a musician but even that guy's gotta be a better guitar player than Ted Nugent.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
1597cbCOMIC-chagrin-falls-37-fall-savings.jpg

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Site Donor
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
A Greg Abbott supporter got called out for laughing as Beto was breaking down the issue with the Uvalde shooting and easy access to deadly weapons.

ā€œIt may be funny to you, motherf******, but itā€™s not funny to me.ā€

lizkat

Watching March roll out real winter
Reaction score
A Greg Abbott supporter got called out for laughing as Beto was breaking down the issue with the Uvalde shooting and easy access to deadly weapons.

ā€œIt may be funny to you, motherf******, but itā€™s not funny to me.ā€

I'm not a big fan of pols using bad language on the stump, but I would love to have been there to join that crowd rising to their feet to give Beto a standing ovation for that drop.

Yoused

up
Reaction score
knee deep in the road apples of the 4 horsemen
Guns, police training, and a library?
link
Jesse Porter, a retired D.C. police officer, is charged with involuntary manslaughter in her death after sources familiar with the investigation said he drew a pistol to illustrate how quickly it could be done and fired. ā€œI thought I had my training gun. Why did I do this? Is she ok?ā€ witnesses told police that Porter asked.
Remind me again why exactly we let police have guns?

Yoused

up
Reaction score
Woman gets into argument with dad, picks up a pistol and assault rifle, shoots him. Story does not say what the fight was about.

lizkat

Reaction score
The Rs are still into saying that it's not guns that kill people, it's people... and they have occasionally even suggested that what's needed is not fewer guns, but more mental health care.

So what happened today when the House voted on a measure to increase school-based mental health services? Well it did pass, by a vote of 220 to 205. One Republican voted for it.

Yoused

up
Reaction score

lizkat

Reaction score

There were no serial numbers when the second amendment was written, so this judge feels that a law that makes it illegal to alter or scrape them off does not pass Constitutional muster.

This judge may not actually feel that way. He's acknowledging the constraints of the Bruen ruling, but is also essentially begging for his own ruling to be appealed.

One can hope that Kavanaugh and Roberts will signal that Kavanaugh's moderating concurrence (joined by Roberts) in Justice Thomas' opinion in the Bruen case carries some weight forward whenever the high court considers appeals of some of the truly insane rulings now spinning out of state courts after the Bruen decision.

From a different Slate piece cited in the one you had mentioned:

There is only one potential limiting principle on Bruen: Justice Brett Kavanaughā€™s concurring opinion, joined by Chief Justice John Roberts. Kavanaugh, obviously aware of the extreme consequences that would flow from Thomasā€™ approach, tried to make the opinion sound more modest than it actually is. He clarified that states can still require licenses for concealed carry permits that may include ā€œa background check, a mental health records check, and training in firearms handling.ā€

And he added that a ā€œvarietyā€ of gun regulations remain permissible, though cited only exceedingly modest measures such as ā€œlaws forbidding the carrying of firearms in sensitive places such as schools and government buildings.ā€

It is difficult to reconcile Kavanaughā€™s concurrence with substantial portions of Thomasā€™ opinion and thus hard to know how seriously to take it. Moving forward, gun control advocatesā€™ best hope is that Kavanaugh and Roberts will not follow the strict logic of the majority.

The cited difficulty of reconciling the sense of the Kavanaugh and Thomas opinions in Bruen can over time recede if Roberts and Kavanaugh along with the three liberal justices keep referring to the Kavanaugh assertions in Bruen. It's a skinny hope but it exists. And considering some of the BS decisions that have come out of Texas since Bruen (e.g. the one suggesting it's unconstitutional to forbid gun ownership just because someone has been indicted for a violent felony?!), it's quite likely that Kavanaugh and Roberts (or just one of them) might join the three liberal justices in agreeing to take up a few of those cases when (not if, but when!) they are appealed to the high court. It only takes four votes to decide to hear a case.

Also in the Bruen case, Thomas by combination of reliance on both the conservatives' "originalism" framework and the legal metaphor of "penumbra" has introduced wiggle room for a future SCOTUS to review the Bruen case itself in the course of taking up a related case, and possibly to conclude that Bruen was decided in error with respect to states' rights.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
I mean, holy fuck, I'm not a Gun Nutā„¢ , but I understand the basics of firearm safety.

I always like the "... when it went off ..." like the gun just decided to fire itself.

Yoused

up
Reaction score
In southern Utah, an estranged husband came into the house to shoot to death his wife, their five chidren and her grandmother. The family released a statement, which included

ā€¦ We would caution media outlets and the public at large about using our familyā€™s story for any advocacy of political agendas. Protective arms were purposely removed from the home prior to the incident because all adults were properly trained to protect human life. This is the type of loss that will continue to occur in families, communities and this nation when protective arms are no longer accessible. ā€¦

Which seems to read "do as we say, not as we say."

Top Bottom
1 2