Guns are still America’s religion

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
Bikers followed her home after she hit them with their vehicle and failed to stop. You make it seem like they followed her for no reason. It was a hit and run. They were outside waiting for the cops to arrive when she came out with a gun pointed at them. One of the rules of gun ownership is don't point a gun at someone if you don't intend to shoot. She seems like a horrible gun owner, and it cost her her life. I'm sure someone in the neighborhood had cameras so more will come out.
Wrong. Fleeing the scene of a minor crash is a misdemeanor. All they need is the license plate, and call the cops. Presumably they could have gotten the plate number and left. They took justice into their own hands instead.

You’re entitled to your opinion on this, but if you kill a person that is in their own house after you followed them home with a group of your friends, it seems to me unlikely you can claim self-defense. There was no need for you to chase the person home. And if you did… when they came out of their home with a gun, you should have left.

The misdemeanor hit-and-run issue is NOT a justification to follow somebody home and trespass on their property.

The penalty for a hit-and-run with no injuries is NOT death by vigilante. I hope this guy does some serious time in prison. I don’t want people to think they can chase people home whenever they get road rage and shoot them and get away with it.

But on the larger issue - more guns = more violence. The NRA claims it is the other way around but they are straight-up lying.

U

User.45

I stand by my assertion: guns make people stupid. I do not need to avoid pissing people off, because, if they come after me, I can shoot them in self defense.

It upsets people when I say that, but I have seen the evidence. If you do not have that fallback, you tend to behave more circumspectly.
Exhibit A (this is really disturbing, but hey, this' what the gun do)

Last edited by a moderator:

Joe

Elite Member
Reaction score
Wrong. Fleeing the scene of a minor crash is a misdemeanor. All they need is the license plate, and call the cops. Presumably they could have gotten the plate number and left. They took justice into their own hands instead.

You’re entitled to your opinion on this, but if you kill a person that is in their own house after you followed them home with a group of your friends, it seems to me unlikely you can claim self-defense. There was no need for you to chase the person home. And if you did… when they came out of their home with a gun, you should have left.

The misdemeanor hit-and-run issue is NOT a justification to follow somebody home and trespass on their property.

The penalty for a hit-and-run with no injuries is NOT death by vigilante. I hope this guy does some serious time in prison. I don’t want people to think they can chase people home whenever they get road rage and shoot them and get away with it.

But on the larger issue - more guns = more violence. The NRA claims it is the other way around but they are straight-up lying.

The street in front of her home isn’t her property. The sidewalk isn’t either.

I’m just trying to wrap my head around calling her the victim when she’s the one that came out with a gun pointed at them after she fled the scene of a hit and run. Hmmmmm Next time you get hit and the person flees make sure you send them some flowers and candy. They’re the victim. It’s just a misdemeanor!

She played a stupid game and won a stupid prize. #thoughtsandprayers

U

User.45

The street in front of her home isn’t her property. The sidewalk isn’t either.

I’m just trying to wrap my head around calling her the victim when she’s the one that came out with a gun pointed at them after she fled the scene of a hit and run. Hmmmmm Next time you get hit and the person flees make sure you send them some flowers and candy. They’re the victim. It’s just a misdemeanor!

She played a stupid game and won a stupid prize. #thoughtsandprayers
The story absolutely doesn't add up at all. So #thoughtsandprayers should be preceded by #actualinvestigation.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
The story absolutely doesn't add up at all. So #thoughtsandprayers should be preceded by #actualinvestigation.
Agreed. When I read the report that said ”witnesses” also followed her home… I realized that she was followed home by multiple people, probably all on motorcycles. Her final words made it sound like they were threatening her. It also sounded like she pulled a gun hoping it would scare them off.

But like you said, I don’t know what truly happened.

But we do know guns led to yet another unnecessary death.

U

User.45

There were no injuries. How did you go from a minor crash with no injuries to almost dying? Seems like you skipped multiple levels of severity there.
It feels like there are male attitudes projected onto a pregnant female. It's just weird. It went viral on Reddit for the reason of it not making sense.

U

User.45

Ad nauseam, yet this totally reminds me about discussing masks or vaccines. The answers are super obvious, but instead of mitigating risk, people prefer to question reality.

1637932407598.png

1637932485650.png

1637932549732.png

1637932674016.png

1637932725532.png

Joe

Elite Member
Reaction score
Wat? That's about as tenuous as saying that I almost died when I thought about running across the road. I hate to generalise, but 99% of bikers are wankers with leather and gang fetishes. They are cowards, but become brave in groups. There was clearly a minor fender bender. We don't know for sure what actually happened in the initial incident, but she may not have been paying attention and changed lanes when one of the wankers was going 30 mph over the speed limit filtering between the cars, because that is what the majority of bikers do every day and then get surprised and angry that someone dared to change lanes 150 yards ahead of them.

The bikers would have become angry and started to threaten to the woman. She felt threatened and drove off. The bikers then followed her home. I would be willing to bet that some mirrors got smashed on the way.

I have seen pretty much this exact scenario hundreds of times on youtube on the various road rage channels, which I binge watch occasionally. The best part is that these videos were sent in by the bikers themselves, because they truly believe that when a "cager" slightly inconveniences them they have a god-given right to smash their mirrors, or kick their car. The lone ones nearly always run away after that and then send in a video, because they feel that what they did was morally justified. They only stand and fight if there are a few bikers together.

Many years ago I was in one of these situations myself. I wanted to change lanes on the highway into the middle lane. There was a biker around 75 metres back cruising in that lane. I indicated and double checked my mirrors and changed into the lane. He was still far away and I didn't cause him to slow down. He started waving his hand around and accelerated towards me. I, being a mature and reasonable 24 year old at the time, shrugged and showed him the middle finger of peace, because I was genuinely confused about what his issue was. He accelerated past me and punched my mirror. Luckily the car was like a tank and he didn't cause any damage, but I still chased the cowardly wanker. He ran away through traffic. If I had caught him, then that morning would have ended very differently.

I've had a gun waved in my face 4 times in my life growing up in a place with an intentional homicide rate 6 times higher than the US. I am still here, because even though I was young, I was never that stupid and I know how to defend myself and, most importantly, how to talk my way out of stupid situations. However, there is no doubt in mind that if I had taken up my parents on their offer to buy me a gun for my 21st birthday, my life would have been very different.

That’s a whole lot of assumptions lol

She should have stayed in her home and waited for the cops, not come out with a gun.

Joe

Elite Member
Reaction score
She would be alive if she didn’t come out with a gun pointed at them. Y’all seem to just think that’s no big deal. Because you hate bikers 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Eric

Mama's lil stinker
Reaction score
Instagram
Main Camera
Sony
Again, survivors get to tell their stories. If neither of them were armed everybody would be alive. Again, you don't arm children, and a significant portion of the populace are fully grown children.

But seriously, explain to me what all of this has to do with a "well regulated militia." The general interpretation of 2A is really absurd. Also, let's say it's an inalienable right to bear arms. We could still penalize people whose firearms are used for crimes. It would be a decent compromise for an adult society. You can have all the guns you want, but it's also your responsibility that those aren't abused. People want all the "fun" with the gun but none of the responsibility. Again, we are full of armed children.
Exactly, if nobody was armed, nobody would've died. We hand out guns like candy to every dumbass out there without any thought given to whether or not their capable of making rational decisions.

SuperMatt

Site Master
Reaction score
She would be alive if she didn’t come out with a gun pointed at them. Y’all seem to just think that’s no big deal. Because you hate bikers 🤣🤣🤣🤣
We don’t know that 100%. Maybe if she didn’t have a gun, Derr would have come into her house with his gun and murdered her anyway. And did she know they were armed? His weapon was concealed. She probably hoped waving her gun around would scare them off.

But most likely you are right. And if neither party was armed, it’s a near certainty she would still be alive.

This is just what happens when everybody has guns. People get in an argument over a fender bender and it ends in death.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score
Again, survivors get to tell their stories. If neither of them were armed everybody would be alive. Again, you don't arm children, and a significant portion of the populace are fully grown children.

But seriously, explain to me what all of this has to do with a "well regulated militia." The general interpretation of 2A is really absurd. Also, let's say it's an inalienable right to bear arms. We could still penalize people whose firearms are used for crimes. It would be a decent compromise for an adult society. You can have all the guns you want, but it's also your responsibility that those aren't abused. People want all the "fun" with the gun but none of the responsibility. Again, we are full of armed children.
Well regulated militias would be the State Guard, period. My understanding is that most States outlawed “private militias” after the Civil War, but I can’t say how many of those laws are still on the books.

Huntn

Whatwerewe talk'n about?
Site Donor
Reaction score

Not countering you, just saying…
Owning a gun and bearing it does not mean it can’t be regulated, including when it can or can’t be beared. The idea of blanket bearing your arms, as vaguely mentioned in the 2A was written during the time muskets and mostly rural living In a country who had just thrown off the yoke of a colonial power. It needs desperately to be updated, but that’s not happening during gun mania. :unsure:

Top Bottom
1 2