Hackers Scrape 90,000 GETTR User Emails, Surprising No One

Yet another social media site attempt by the right wing crazies that was poorly constructed. It seems Conservatives are completely incompetent and incapable of building a website.

D

Deleted member 199

I followed a link in that article back to a previous article, which basically talks about how it's just a really buggy clone of twitter, and found these two sentences, one right after the other:

It's not just a clone. It piggybacks on Twitter, pulling the social media's trending topics and using them on GETTR, according to Soltani.

Within one minute of opening the app, while scrolling on an unrelated account, Motherboard was served blatantly violent, racist posts advocating for murdering Black people.

escalated.gif

D

Deleted member 199

Also, why is the first post such a different layout on this thread?

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
I read an article last week saying it recommended Hitler as a friend and it's already littered with the n word all over the place.

U

User.45

Yet another social media site attempt by the right wing crazies that was poorly constructed. It seems Conservatives are completely incompetent and incapable of building a website.
Twitter probably would have been hacked the fuck out too if it started up as a polarizing site with a treasure trove of valuable/sensitive information. What these folks don't seem to get is you start it up neutral and THEN do that nazi shift once the beta testing is completed, like any self-respecting site like Facebook.

U

User.191

I read an article last week saying it recommended Hitler as a friend and it's already littered with the n word all over the place.

Given the sudience all that suprises me is that it didn‘t start that way from the very first post.

Degenerates, pyschopaths, narcissists, bigots, incels and misogynists all do like thier ”freedom” forums to spew their hate. It’s the modern day equivilent of the KKK hood.

JayMysteri0

What the F?!!!
Reaction score
As if it hasn't already gathered enough praise...

Between promoting scientifically baseless theories that the coronavirus pandemic has triggered “mass formation psychosis” and switching to a fruit and meat diet, wildly popular podcaster Joe Rogan found the time to become active on MAGA-themed social media site Gettr. Surprise, he hates it.

On Jan. 2, Rogan posted to Gettr that “Just in case shit over at Twitter gets even dumber, I’m here now as well.” It’s apparently taken him a bit over a week for him to regret the decision. After a round of gloating from Gettr CEO and former Trump aide Jason Miller over a spike in new sign-ups—not to mention breathless praise from conservatives convinced the decision validated their fantasies of oppression by left-wing overlords at Facebook and Twitter—Rogan has already come full circle and concluded Gettr is a stupid, busted mess that sucks big time.

According to the Daily Beast, Rogan mocked the site on The Tim Dillon Show on Monday as a “fugazi” operation full of “fuckery”, going on to tell host Dillon that he wasn’t even sure if he could delete his Gettr account without running into some new kind of bullshit. Rogan took particular issue with Gettr’s practice of juicing follower counts and inflating its perception of overall influence by displaying Twitter follower counts on a user’s Gettr profile.

“I might be part of the Chinese Communist Party now, I believe,” Rogan joked on the show, referencing fugitive Chinese billionaire Guo Wengui, who runs a small empire of conspiracy-tinged media operations. Guo appears to have originally bankrolled Gettr under its previous name, Getonme, a sort of vanity project for his cult-like group of followers and claims of “virus truth” before it pivoted to the MAGA crowd.

GermanSuplex

Elite Member
Top Poster Of Month
Reaction score
Conservatives think sweeping the racism in their party under the rug or behind the couch means it isn’t there. Instead, it’s just festered and grown more blatant and widespread within the party. The idea that they can operate social media platforms - which allows already racist and bigoted people to put on a mask of (for all intents and purposes) anonymity - is a joke. They had a president who couldn’t even condemn klansmen or white supremacy on live TV, they think a Twitter knockoff isn’t going to be rife with racism, hatred and violence?

When/if Trump launches his money grift disguised as a social platform, I give it two weeks before content hosts like Amazon, Apple and Google pull it to avoid liability.

I don’t expect things to get better until they confront it head-on. And my expectation of that happening is virtually zero. I’ve said it before, but the only “big tent” these folks are pitching is for Trump.

Chew Toy McCoy

Pleb
Site Donor
Reaction score
Conservatives think sweeping the racism in their party under the rug or behind the couch means it isn’t there. Instead, it’s just festered and grown more blatant and widespread within the party. The idea that they can operate social media platforms - which allows already racist and bigoted people to put on a mask of (for all intents and purposes) anonymity - is a joke. They had a president who couldn’t even condemn klansmen or white supremacy on live TV, they think a Twitter knockoff isn’t going to be rife with racism, hatred and violence?

When/if Trump launches his money grift disguised as a social platform, I give it two weeks before content hosts like Amazon, Apple and Google pull it to avoid liability.

I don’t expect things to get better until they confront it head-on. And my expectation of that happening is virtually zero. I’ve said it before, but the only “big tent” these folks are pitching is for Trump.

I think the current Republican party is just being opportunist with votes as they are a dying party, at least nationally. Trump gave the party an unexpected bump which just happened to be the racist voter. So that's who they are courting while lying to themselves that racist voters aren't actually racists. Then you have the traditional Republican voter also lying to themselves that their party isn't actively courting racists.