Yoused

up
Reaction score
knee deep in the road apples of the 4 horsemen
Last edited:

Scepticalscribe

Cancelled
Reaction score

Iconic British actor (I know him as Gustave LaRoche from Lenny Henry's Chef!) leaves us in the lurch. He was 72.
He was excellent as Hagrid, - perfect for the role, in fact - but was also superb as Dr Johnson in Blackadder, and was phenomenal in the TV crime series Cracker, where his role as the police psychologist "Fitz" was unforgettable.

Roller

Elite Member
Reaction score
I came here to post about Robbie Coltrane’ s untimely passing. I was reading testimonials from the former child actors who related how he joked with them and buoyed their spirits on set, something I imagine Hagrid would have done. Better to be remembered as a kind person than expert at one’s craft, and he was both. RIP.

Alli

Perfection
Staff Member
Site Donor
Reaction score
He was excellent as Hagrid, - perfect for the role, in fact - but was also superb as Dr Johnson in Blackadder, and was phenomenal in the TV crime series Cracker, where his role as the police psychologist "Fitz" was unforgettable.
When I told my husband this sad news, I momentarily forgot his name, and had to refer to him as the guy from Cracker. That was such a great show. It was difficult for me originally to not see Fitz when I looked at Hagrid.

DT

I am so Smart! S-M-R-T!
Reaction score
Main Camera
iPhone
We were at Universal when this happened, a ton of folks got on social media and coordinated a little tribute, hundred or so folks showed up at Hogwarts Castle, raised their wands, or a drink, or whatever in tribute :)

The park team also put flowers on the Hagrid animatronic on the Magical Creatures ride (which is an stellar coaster), very sweet and sad to hear his voice and see him one more time :)

Top Bottom
1 2